IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories Giveaway

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

No but seriously. - a proper 7800 port of Crystal Castles, with CX-80 true trakball compatibility would be awesome. 

That would be great if Atari started producing CX-80 Trakball controllers!

• Like 3

If reissue of 2600 games as multi: all of the eligible M-Network titles with as many per cart as is feasible from a business perspective, perhaps divided between the carts alphabetically.  One issue with the original M-Network cartridges is their weird unstackable shape.  Having them in the more convenient boxy format, with multiple games per cart, would be a real boon.  And grouping them alphabetically would please the large number of us who organize their carts alphabetically for each publisher.

If reissue of a single 7800 game: Ballblazer

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

That would be great if Atari started producing CX-80 Trakball controllers!

I see a bit of chicken and egg here. I can't imagine that new controllers would be made without a game on the market that can take advantage of them, but it's also hard to imagine putting a game to market without the controller available to take advantage of it.

The only way I see this working (and I truly hope they do this) is to do a (true) trak-ball enabled game that also works if you just use a joystick (making the trak-ball available at the same time, but not requiring one to purchase it just to enjoy the game... and I really don't want to see such a game released only as part of a bundle with the trak-ball, as that would require those of us who already have the trak-ball to waste money getting another).

And, yes, Crystal Castles would be my first choice.

Edited by NicodemusLegend
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

If reissue of 2600 games as multi: all of the eligible M-Network titles with as many per cart as is feasible from a business perspective, perhaps divided between the carts alphabetically.  One issue with the original M-Network cartridges is their weird unstackable shape.  Having them in the more convenient boxy format, with multiple games per cart, would be a real boon.  And grouping them alphabetically would please the large number of us who organize their carts alphabetically for each publisher.

If reissue of a single 7800 game: Ballblazer

Great idea! Complete with Box and manuals. With better labels on the Cartridges!

Volume 1 

Volume 2 and so on! Or release the whole set again individually Box and manual included! Hell they do it with Vinyl Records!

LETS DO IT BIG BEN! 😄 So it’s Game On for 🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹  AIR RAIDERS  🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹

IMG_0362.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz

53 minutes ago, NicodemusLegend said:

I see a bit of chicken and egg here. I can't imagine that new controllers would be made without a game on the market that can take advantage of them, but it's also hard to imagine putting a game to market without the controller available to take advantage of it.

The only way I see this working (and I truly hope they do this) is to do a (true) trak-ball enabled game that also works if you just use a joystick (making the trak-ball available at the same time, but not requiring one to purchase it just to enjoy the game... and I really don't want to see such a game released only as part of a bundle with the trak-ball, as that would require those of us who already have the trak-ball to waste money getting another).

I have a 7800 Centipede TB version that uses the right difficulty switch to select trackball or joystick mode. Additionally, this version also has improved graphics and animation. I wanted to send it to @Ben from Plaion to test but then I've been too busy with real life, I hope to send it to him soon.

53 minutes ago, NicodemusLegend said:

And, yes, Crystal Castles would be my first choice.

Crystal Castles for 7800 would be amazing. Just to get an idea, here's a 7800 mockup I did some time ago:

7800CrystalCastlesmockup.PNG.4d4f80019ea499584965624585e84169(1).png.2a5463af2e3a3c65461ad3251e56ee33.thumb.png.d5828853e11d69f507322ccabfcf391b.png

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Great idea! Complete with Box and manuals. With better labels on the Cartridges!

Volume 1 

Volume 2 and so on! Or release the whole set again individually Box and manual included! Hell they do it with Vinyl Records!

IMG_0362.jpeg

Yeah it's a nice logo isn't it

tmp_a5786b46-6baf-4de9-a2b9-d9f8d3b3788e~3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Yeah it's a nice logo isn't it

tmp_a5786b46-6baf-4de9-a2b9-d9f8d3b3788e~3.jpeg

Wait a minute is this a sneak peek preview? That looks Brand New! 😆
That’s a different logo design is it not?

It even smells Brand New! Lol!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MarcinJ said:

I would also love to see 7800 releases of Scramble or Super Cobra (or both on one cartridge).

There already is a 7800 version of Scramble. Was playing it last night. It's pretty solid. 

My 2 cents. The 7800 doesn't have enough RPGs. yeah we got Penult coming, which is a 2600 game I think, but we need a solid version of Gauntlet, Dark Chambers is alright but... yeah. Gauntlet. That's the 80s. Seems like it should be able to do it. 

Either that or we need an Elder Scrolls game. That's a little more ambitious tho and will never happen. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

Volume 1 

IMG_0362.jpeg

Assuming that the reports are correct that Atari does indeed have the rights to the M Network games, I support this idea, but have a question: would those rights include the intellectual property connected to the "M Network" name (I assume the trademarks themselves are viable, since it seems all-but impossible that they've been in active use, which is a requirement to retain possession of a trademark)?

I'm reasonably certain you couldn't use Mattel's name (definitely in active use by Mattel), but I'm hoping "M Network" is fair game. We want folks to be able to identify the set as what they remember.

Edited by NicodemusLegend
formatting and correction of a typing error

Perhaps a spinner controller for use with Tempest 7800, a cart with classic and "4000"-style Tempest

Other 7800 game ideas for the spinner:  Blasteroids or racing games like Super Sprint 

And can be used with Indy 500

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NicodemusLegend said:

Assuming that the reports are correct that Atari does indeed have the rights to the M Network games, I support this idea, but have a question: would those rights include the intellectual property connected to the "M Network" name (I assume the trademarks themselves are viable, since it seems all-but impossible that they've been in active use, which is a requirement to retain possession of a trademark)?

I'm reasonably certain you couldn't use Mattel's name (definitely in active use by Mattel), but I'm hoping "M Network" is fair game. We want folks to be able to identify the set as what they remember.

Atari bought the M Network name and "over a dozen games" recently. The only games we know they bought were Frogs & Flies, Space Attack, Astroblast, Star Strike, and Armor Ambush.

Presumably Atari is keeping the whole list a secret so they can surprise us with the Atari 50 dlc coming later this year.

Atari's attempt to trademark M Network met with failure due to a trademark of M Net.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, NicodemusLegend said:

I'm reasonably certain you couldn't use Mattel's name (definitely in active use by Mattel)

7 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Atari's attempt to trademark M Network met with failure due to a trademark of M Net.

Oh! Pish Posh! Vanilla Ice did Ice Ice Baby! He didn’t care! Ha Ha! Yo VIP, let’s kick it

Edited by MrChickenz

On 5/9/2024 at 4:58 AM, JetmanUK said:

Tunnel Runner is one of the best 2600 games. Perhaps a 7800 version would be nice. It's a CBS game though, so I assume they still own the rights. 

Yes a 7800 version of Tunnel Runner! That would be nice!

• Like 2

Atari think filed a lawsuit with an insurance company for unauthorized use of the Crystal Castles images in one of their commercials. If Atari is going thru the trouble of doing that, they might as rerelease 2600 version of it and/or make 7800 version of it.

• Like 1