IGNORED

Atari Announces Flashback 2.0

well.. I recently aquired this GIANOURMOUS old gateway 2000 case that I plan on modding for modern hardware. the thing has four 5.25 bays, and four floppy bays on the front.

so at the very least I can have one optical bay for the FB2.0 card and selectors, and use a floppy bay for the cart port.

personaly.. I'm no so concerned about showing off guts, but I may throw some wood grain contact paper on there at the controls :D

well.. I recently aquired this GIANOURMOUS old gateway 2000 case that I plan on modding for modern hardware. the thing has four 5.25 bays, and four floppy bays on the front.

so at the very least I can have one optical bay for the FB2.0 card and selectors, and use a floppy bay for the cart port.

personaly.. I'm no so concerned about showing off guts, but I may throw some wood grain contact paper on there at the controls :D

856216[/snapback]

Hehe.

I plan on going all out on my mod. Check out my gallery under my mods section for what my computer looks like and you'll see what I am talking about. I'm replacing the Hellsing front with a custom Atari 2600 front, the dvd-rw going to be disappearing and depending on an external. Making all the sides plexiglass, and also cutting holes for fans in appropraite locations. The single 5 1/4 drive will house the joystick ports and buttons secured in a piece of metal, and the top will have a hole cut for a cartridge slot. I am also going to mount the controls inside a little bit, and using the ghost mod like you see in one of the pics. Instead, it will be on a hinge, so you just pull down, turn on, and go!

Edited by keilbaca

well.. I am having this case chromed  :ponder: :D

I also need to grind out and fill in the "gateway 2000" raised lettering on the front. But I swear.. a small family could live inside this case

856225[/snapback]

LOL Yeah I know those towers...

I just loving surprising people, with my small ass case, because its just much more fun to do mods to that, being its all limited. Besides, Plexiglass is always cool :cool:

Chrome would look cool, I should chrome the little bit of metal, that'll make it stand out.

Edited by keilbaca

I like the small form factor mods for all the wierdness folks have been doing.. but theres something to be said about the looks on folks faces when they enter the den of inequity here with all the operating and networked equipment and assorted "crap"

seems as though the wall of technology is impressive.

my actual latests mod is complety on computer related.. well.. sorta..

my new entertainment center is a late 60's console stereo, the kind that had the runers and turntables and 8track players and speakers all built into one giant piece of furnature.

the thing is made of oak with a birds eyemaple vaneer. unfortunatly all the componants were long stripped from it, and the only thing left in it were the speakers.

wich turned out to be of remarcably good quality. once I rewired them.. they sounded perfect.. and incredible! so here we are with it having new electronics in the form of my old stuff with satilite TIVO dvd player, and considering the bottom cabinet where one would store records was so huge.. all that stuff fit in there to one side, with a fabricated shelf hold four vint game consoles into a installed sytem selector switch going to the TV. damn thing looks damn classy and allthe componants are hidden perfectly with the doors closed. now.. i could move the TIVO from the middle cubby, and turn that space into a speaker enclosure for center channel so at this point I would have the front surrond up front all in one enclosed space..

I like the small form factor mods for all the wierdness folks have been doing.. but theres something to be said about the looks on folks faces when they enter the den of inequity here with all the operating and networked equipment and assorted  "crap"

seems as though the wall of technology is impressive.

my actual latests mod is complety on computer related.. well.. sorta..

my new entertainment center is a late 60's console stereo, the kind that had the runers and turntables and 8track players and speakers all built into one giant piece of furnature.

the thing is made of oak with a birds eyemaple vaneer. unfortunatly all the componants were long stripped from it, and the only thing left in it were the speakers.

wich turned out to be of remarcably good quality. once I rewired them.. they sounded perfect.. and incredible! so here we are with it having new electronics in the form of my old stuff with satilite TIVO dvd player, and considering the bottom cabinet where one would store records was so huge.. all that stuff fit in there to one side, with a fabricated shelf hold four vint game consoles into a installed sytem selector switch going to the TV. damn thing looks damn classy and allthe componants are hidden perfectly with the doors closed. now.. i could move the TIVO from the middle cubby, and turn that space into a speaker enclosure for center channel  so at this point I would have the front surrond up front all in one enclosed space..

856247[/snapback]

That's awesome!

Yeah, I'm trying to make mine one of the top mods people have done but I have seen a doom 3 mod that is just stunning.

d3_075.jpg

d3_073.jpg

This place has loads of sff mods, mine's in there.

http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.aspx...5&enterthread=y

Yup, that's the radiator in the back and the pump in the front.

I wish it was mine, that's such an awesome mod.

I'll be really happy once I get the plexi and make the flashback (possibly a cut down 2600A :ponder: ) intergrade into my system.

Edited by keilbaca

well.. I am having this case chromed  :ponder: :D

856225[/snapback]

I've been wanting to chrome an Atari forever, but it's been hard to find a place to do this for me. Also (unless I have my facts wrong) I would have to sand an Atari to a mirror finish first so that the chrome would also be mirror finished. that's a lot of work that I haven't had time to devote to it.

Tell me I'm wrong coz I'd love to have a Terminator Atari. :)

I put off modding a pc and now my cooling system is outdated :_( :( :sad:

check out my system, isnt she beautiful :P shes almost done :P

i like calling her "my box o mods" :|

post-2304-1116271480_thumb.jpg post-2304-1116271542_thumb.jpg post-2304-1116271568_thumb.jpg

all she needs is a CB radio, some bells and whistles :P

Breaker Breaker, this is the mod maker, anyone got their ears on ? LOL

whats the yellow thing in the bottom left corner of center picture :D

Edited by ATARIeric

So Curt, will this unit be dual-power? As in either batteries or DC power supply? If I can only have one, DC power is the way to go, but battery power sure is nice to make it portable. :)

(Not that I couldn't make a D-cell external pack, kind of like the Lynx has...)

Now that E3 is taking place, I was expecting to see more info about the Flashback 2.0. I would like to see a picture of the motherboard, the official list of games included with the system, and maybe to hear testimonies of people's reactions to the Flashback 2.0s at Atari's booth.

Has anybody gone to E3 who would like to comment on the Flashback 2.0 displays? Or is everyone too busy with the PlayStation 3 and the XBox 360? :-)

Okay so why is it that Atari has to go and put their jackassed new Fuji all over it? If they are so into creating something that is true to Atari's past they can start with the logo. The system looks great, the Fuji looks bastardized.

Okay so why is it that Atari has to go and put their jackassed new Fuji all over it?  If they are so into creating something that is true to Atari's past they can start with the logo.  The system looks great, the Fuji looks bastardized.

857256[/snapback]

If you dont like it, I am sure that I could spare you something to cover it up 8)

3dlogodome.JPG

1" 25mm square! non scratch non fade. Hopefully big enough to cover the jackassed fuji logo :D I like the computer case badges better myself. 8)

That was taken with my old camera months ago, I will take a better picture today/tomorrow and show you,

Edited by ATARIeric

Just put up an E3 preview, including full game list -

ClassicGaming.Com

858408[/snapback]

Thank you that's the list we've been waiting for. :lust:

Wait a second? Adventure 2? Interesting development there...I can see where the trouble comes in for the 5200 version by Ron there...and there's a sequel to Haunted House, Asteroids, and yes! Yars Return is legitimate (I was wondering about that). Thrust is there as well. Man this is going to rock!

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian

* 3D Tic-Tac-Toe

* Adventure, Adventure II, Aquaventure, Arcade Asteroids, Arcade Pong, Asteroids Deluxe, Atari Climber

* Caverns Of Mars, Centipede, Combat, Combat 2

* Dodge'm

* Fatal Run, Frog Pond

* Hangman, Haunted House, Human Cannonball

* Lunar Lander

* Maze Craze, Millipede, Missile Command

* Off the Wall, Outlaw

* Pitfall

* Quadrun

* Radar Lock, Return To Haunted House, River Raid

* Saboteur, Save Mary, Secret Quest, Space Duel, Space War

* Thrust

* Video Checkers, Video Chess

* Wizard

* Yars' Return, Yars' Revenge

Quadrun?!?!?!?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I see a bunch of unknown games on there, like Atari climber, Asteroids Deluxe, Return to haunted house. Arcade asteroids is just the vector hack. Which is cool, don't get me wrong.

But... Quadrun... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

banana.gif

Edited by keilbaca

asteroids deluxe kicks ass! does that mean its gonna be like the arcade version of deluxe with the shield instead of hyperspace ? what about the the triangles that when you shoot it, they break down into small ships and come after you ?

is it gonna be arcade style ?