"Dylan McDermot & Dermot Mulroney"

My God you're right! & in my head somehow Rupert Everett got in there too

"It's Pac-Man, not Airworld so dont worry" :lol: :) :thumbsup:

"It's a golden Poddie" I laughed out loud @ 6am & woke up my wife :lol:

Way to go ferg! You deserve it!!!

Good show S1500!

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

Thanks for the shout-out for Genesis Gems on the newest CCGN, by the way. Means a lot coming from you guys. Landon and I are renaming it Sega Gems, and we're hoping to start it back up in about two weeks. We'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again!

Edited by Rob2586
  • Like 1

Are you still having trouble with it?

Couldnt go without it any longer- listening now thru your website.

EDIT: now I get a couple minutes in, just when Ninja Gaiden is mentioned, it starts over but the counter keeps going like nothing happened (doesnt reset).

Edited by RJ

Couldnt go without it any longer- listening now thru your website.

EDIT: now I get a couple minutes in, just when Ninja Gaiden is mentioned, it starts over but the counter keeps going like nothing happened (doesnt reset).

*sigh*

Yeah, I think the embedded player on Kris's web site is problematic. I had the same issue a couple episodes back, but it wasn't doing it for him.

Try downloading the MP3 itself straight from the website as opposed to streaming it through the player. In the meantime I will send Kris a message to look into it. If it's happening to you as well as myself, who knows who else it could be happening to.

Here's a link straight to the MP3 if you haven't done so already: http://static.squarespace.com/static/513ca0bde4b00efcff56f77a/t/52922ac7e4b070d80c5b4c5f/1385310919523/IPG%20Podcast%20Ep%20057.mp3

Think I'm ready to let go of Player One podcast. What with the latest-gen underway, I detect that's all they're gonna discuss from now on...not that they discussed much retro anyway. I mainly listened for the humor, but the ratio is unbearable now.

http://www.nowyoureplayingwith.com/now-youre-playing-with-podcast-episode-28-metapod/

finally, the episode only the four of us have been waiting for, join chris from NYPWP, Ferg from 2600 game by game, s1500 from CCG and RJ from this thread talk podcasting and wrestle with talking over each other in Skype. this could be a possible spinoff show in 2014… stay tuned.

• Like 3

http://www.nowyoureplayingwith.com/now-youre-playing-with-podcast-episode-28-metapod/

finally, the episode only the four of us have been waiting for, join chris from NYPWP, Ferg from 2600 game by game, s1500 from CCG and RJ from this thread talk podcasting and wrestle with talking over each other in Skype. this could be a possible spinoff show in 2014… stay tuned.

2014 POTY material right here. :)

• Like 1

As for Stalking the Retro, iTunes actually downloaded an episode. Aside from the f-bomb heavy "wtf" game segment, it's an alright podcast. There's 51 episodes. Rating: C+

Not a bad score for just listening to one episode :). Was not one of the better ones at that :) Episode 50 would have been a better one to listen to with the interview with Melanie Bunton the daughter of Dan Bunton the creator of M.U.L.E :)

I liked the fact the Pretenders' "Space Invaders" song was played at the end of the SI episode at the end. There's actually about 7 or 8 Space Invaders-flavored songs out there back in the day. Don't have them all yet, but you know you have a cultural phenomenon when that many people sing about it.

• Like 1

Loved the Space Invaders episode. Loved the Retro Junkies' Galaga show. Really enjoying the avalanche of retro-themed gaming podcasts at the moment.

I swore as a wee lad I went to that Redondo Beach dock/pier arcade that was mentioned. My uncle lives there, and I visited him in '89. Remember playing Gondomania(a strangeish game) there.

I swore as a wee lad I went to that Redondo Beach dock/pier arcade that was mentioned. My uncle lives there, and I visited him in '89. Remember playing Gondomania(a strangeish game) there.

I went there from time to time as a kid. It's still there, with a decent selection of retro games.

When I began my second wave of arcade collecting (in 1994), the first machine I picked up was Heavy Barrel, and the seller threw in a Gondomania board, marquee and bezel to go with it. Both games use those rotating Data East controllers (I also picked up a Time Soldiers PCB to swap in from time to time as well). Like a lot of machines I owned I found all of those were a lot more fun with two people.

does anyone else believe those rotating joystick games wouldve been better with robotron style controls?

It depends on the speed of the game. Robotron is twitch-fast, so you need 0 delay to switch firing directions. Slower-paced games like Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warriors, etc let you have a bit more time to rotate to line up the shot.

I guess the middle implementation would be Tron's "shoot the MCP core" level where you have a dial to aim with.