128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

114 boards fully assembled

105 boards yet to be cleaned in isoprophyl alcohol and acetone

time to move one with this

to all: please send me PM with system you want to put your board in

why this is important?

just because esthetical reasons - i simply would make a proper lenght cables for MMU and ROM connectors

if you don't know where to put them yet, i'll simply assume worst case scenario (have to determine this one yet, but should be not more than 10-11")

there will be instructions for every type of motherboard soon

if you have some i'm not familiar with (as SECAM XE or XL boardS) you can send Your unit to me for free instalation - first one wins - the other one just get the guide

what i can make is:

600xl

800xl

800xlf

1200xl

65xe (without eci port)

65xen (first with eci port)

130xe 1bit memories ("eastern" one - as they were older, and not to be found in Poland (but still i have some)

65xe/130xe/800xe - typical what i can find in Poland

xegs

i have key components for another 20 boards, so if anyone is still interested just drop me a line

its 5:22am, here and i think i call it a day and get some sleep

PM sent. :)

114 boards fully assembled

105 boards yet to be cleaned in isoprophyl alcohol and acetone

time to move one with this

to all: please send me PM with system you want to put your board in

why this is important?

just because esthetical reasons - i simply would make a proper lenght cables for MMU and ROM connectors

if you don't know where to put them yet, i'll simply assume worst case scenario (have to determine this one yet, but should be not more than 10-11")

there will be instructions for every type of motherboard soon

if you have some i'm not familiar with (as SECAM XE or XL boardS) you can send Your unit to me for free instalation - first one wins - the other one just get the guide

what i can make is:

600xl

800xl

800xlf

1200xl

65xe (without eci port)

65xen (first with eci port)

130xe 1bit memories ("eastern" one - as they were older, and not to be found in Poland (but still i have some)

65xe/130xe/800xe - typical what i can find in Poland

xegs

i have key components for another 20 boards, so if anyone is still interested just drop me a line

its 5:22am, here and i think i call it a day and get some sleep

Many thanks! P.M. sent.

Have a good rest.

F.

Awaiting Payment Instructions (would like to close this transaction, ASAP).

F.

all messages answered (I HOPE!)

so if anyone was omitted, please just send me another one

judging by the eye, i got 1/3 of people answered my call, so in worst case i'll just send 8" long cables to everyone else - it will look very nice in tiny 600xl I assure you :P

especially when case won't close because there is too much of spaghetti inside :P

judging by the eye, i got 1/3 of people answered my call, so in worst case i'll just send 8" long cables to everyone else - it will look very nice in tiny 600xl I assure you :P

especially when case won't close because there is too much of spaghetti inside :P

Sorry Candle I read the Post about Cables lengths on my phone but forgot to go back later and answer it. If my first two, I would like one for 800XL and one for 130XE.

Best Regards

Robert Miller

Hmmm, I didn't got a reply either, but mine is for an 800XL

Robert

I guess I'm confused... exactly what are you answering? You asked us to PM you with what machine ours is going in. I did. Does that require a reply from you? (other than maybe as confirmation or a courtesy?) I still haven't gotten a reply, which is fine, since I'm not sure why it's necessary, but I'm worried I"m missing out on something? :?

:)

EDIT after receiving PM from Candle... gotcha... :) Everything's cool, PM received!

Looking forward to this! :thumbsup:

Edited by Mirage

i'm assuming 1bit memories in that case, but someone told me that assume means to make an ass...

4bit memory chips results in shorten cables and 6mm standoff poles for mounting damn thing to the mobo

the other one will have longer cables and 20mm standoffs

I've personally had two 4bit NTSC machines through my hands, so they exist on this side of the world... Although I hazard a guess that by using 'standard' Fiber means a 1bit machine

Edited by orpheuswaking

The 4-bit machines are rare in the U.S., because they were produced in some of the last production runs that Atari made. I had a 2-chip, NTSC 65XE with full ECI which I upgraded to 130XE using the empty sockets (and MMU), and then had it upgraded again to 320K by "A8 Maestro" (Rick). Check this page for info on the upgrade:

http://morethangames.a8maestro.com/proda8/adv-ek0040.htm

-Larry

i have seen many 130XE's and the only x4 ones i saw were pics... maybe orph is confuzzled? ;'D

and i have seen a x4 130XE, but its my PAL machine...

sloopy.

i'm assuming 1bit memories in that case, but someone told me that assume means to make an ass...

4bit memory chips results in shorten cables and 6mm standoff poles for mounting damn thing to the mobo

DAMN!

I am late in catching up to this thread, and I HAVE NOT PM'd Candle.

I have 2 (PAL and NTSC) 130XEs and I **DO NOT** know which RAM chips they have!!!!

This is turning out to be more complicated than I thought!

I guess I need to open them up, and I am not at home, and I won't be for at least a week or more.

I have paid for 2 Ultimate 1MB. Candle - can you hold off on preparing mine, until I find this out, if this is necessary?

Thanks.

I've personally had two 4bit NTSC machines through my hands, so they exist on this side of the world... Although I hazard a guess that by using 'standard' Fiber means a 1bit machine

I have at least 1 NTSC x4 130XE machine here.

wood_jl: no problem - i can also assume 1bit board, as space i'm mounting this board is common to 1bit and 4bit setups - i find it nicer to have board lower, under keyboard, but its not big issue to have it over modulator (mounts between power switch location and monitor port

i'll make some photos later on today, as i'm waiting for standsoff to arrive