IGNORED

PSN Outage

SpiceWare

Last I checked the Demon's Souls servers were still down. This is the only game I kind of refuse to play offline, so until then I'll play Twilight Princess that I recently purchased for my Gamecube. I haven't tried Mortal Kombat yet either. I've been kind of antsy to see what DLC is or will be available for it.

Edited by xenomorpher

Yay, let's all go buy a bunch of PS3 games, DLC, and videos.

Oh wait, no I don't think I'll be doing that.

Sony will have to bribe me to come back on their network. When does that happen?

I don't need them and their garbage, they need me.

edit: here's some more BS to watch. I note a dodge out of a real apology and any significant acceptance of responsibility. Why does this guy still have his job?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHl6O5Sp8w

and people are surprised. I thought by know most people would have relieved that Sony is the Type of company that will not take responsibility for there mistakes even when it is common knowledge they are to blame.

And yeah - boo hoo if you can't play online games for FREE for a few days. If you were paying for the service, fine - you have a right to bitch. But you're not. It's a bonus.

Considering Sony didn't give us our Playstation 3's for free and didn't give us our games for free, I think there was ample room for complaining.

Sony doesn't offer online multiplayer out of the goodness of their hearts. I'm quite certain our purchases, that advertise such capabilities, are subsidizing the operations of the Playstation Network.

• Like 1

And yeah - boo hoo if you can't play online games for FREE for a few days. If you were paying for the service, fine - you have a right to bitch. But you're not. It's a bonus.

Considering Sony didn't give us our Playstation 3's for free and didn't give us our games for free, I think there was ample room for complaining.

Sony doesn't offer online multiplayer out of the goodness of their hearts. I'm quite certain our purchases, that advertise such capabilities, are subsidizing the operations of the Playstation Network.

You quoted and responded to a post I made almost a month ago. :lol:

At that point, the PSN service had only been down for a few days. Now, having been down almost a month down - people definitely have a legitimate right to complain, free service or not. But at the time I made that post - not really. All online services have the occasional downtime of a few days here and there, be it because of general maintenance, server crashes, of hacks like this one.

You quoted and responded to a post I made almost a month ago. :lol:

At that point, the PSN service had only been down for a few days. Now, having been down almost a month down - people definitely have a legitimate right to complain, free service or not. But at the time I made that post - not really. All online services have the occasional downtime of a few days here and there, be it because of general maintenance, server crashes, of hacks like this one.

Plus its down again, guess they weren't expecting alot of people to be changing there passwords at once. not surprised though.

C'mon Sony... you made me change my password. Couldn't you also WIPE OUT MY CC INFO AND MAKE ME RE-ENTER IT IF I DESIRE TO USE A CC FOR PURCHASES?????? Shouldn't entering new CC info be just as important for security as re-entering a new password??

I'm, uh, not sure I follow your reasoning. The credit card data is accessed via the password. That is, once you've changed your password, you've already reenabled security over your credit card data. What's the point in blanking it out? If credit card data was indeed taken in the attack, it's already been taken. Blanking it out now does not change anything, unless you're recommending they stop keeping credit card information permanently.

Plus its down again, guess they weren't expecting alot of people to be changing there passwords at once. not surprised though.

It is not down again. It was taken down for 30 minutes yesterday in order to allow for the queue of password reset requests (which generate e-mail traffic) to clear through ISPs. Sony has no control over ISPs' traffic throttling.

Of course, you are free to not believe the statements like this that Sony reports on their blog.

onmode-ky

I didn't have to get an E-Mail to change my password, it had me change my password right then and there, and I got to play some Uncharted 2 multiplayer... PSN likes me :P

They like me too I guess, although the store was down when I just logged in. Looked like everything else was up and I was able to change my password...for what that is worth.

I didn't have to get an E-Mail to change my password, it had me change my password right then and there, and I got to play some Uncharted 2 multiplayer... PSN likes me :P

They like me too I guess, although the store was down when I just logged in. Looked like everything else was up and I was able to change my password...for what that is worth.

Same. I had no issues.

I was being weird and doing the forced reset from one of the web login pages. (to get to my GT home page) I'm still waiting on a second email from last night, but I can already see the same thing happening, so I'll probably just do it from the ps3 later.

It looks like some Amazon sellers are already preparing to take advantage of gamers who want DLC but who refuse to enter their credit card information again. They're bumping up the prices of the points cards. I saw a $10 card being sold for $18, and a $20 card being sold for $25.

It looks like some Amazon sellers are already preparing to take advantage of gamers who want DLC but who refuse to enter their credit card information again. They're bumping up the prices of the points cards. I saw a $10 card being sold for $18, and a $20 card being sold for $25.

why would I pay 25$ for 20$.

If someone is to buy that, They don't think properly, its just handing someone 5$ for free. Go to Walmart and just buy a 20$ with 20$.

If someone is to buy that, They don't think properly, its just handing someone 5$ for free. Go to Walmart and just buy a 20$ with 20$.

I don't think it's always that easy for everyone. Take my father for instance. He lives in Old Town, FL.

He can get high speed DSL (via satellite)so he could get on the PSN but the closest Wal Mart is a 25 minute drive away. They are truly in the boonies. I can't think of any place closer that would carry cards like that unless they have them at the local grocery store. I agree though for most folks it probably wouldn't be an issue to drive to Wal Mart.

• 2 weeks later...

LulzSec is planning a Sony hack:

http://www.destructoid.com/hacking-group-threatens-the-end-of-sony-202422.phtml

LulzSec

These fuckers hacked PBS not too long ago because they did something to upset them. (The Bradley Manning fiasco)

Now they want to bust Sony and prevent us from ever playing online again.

Is linux really that important on a PS3? Is playing the Super Nintendo on a PS3 really that important?

This is videogaming not fucking Afghanistan.

I bitch about Sony and Capcom as much as the next guy. At this point I dont have anything against Sony's PSN and the PS3 anymore.

Its these hacker bastards that cant figure out who they really are affecting here. They just removed another PS3 feature themselves. The ability to play online through PSN. Lets just drown the whole ship cause the captain is a swindler. Yeah right. Assholes.

LulzSec is planning a Sony hack:

http://www.destructo...ny-202422.phtml

LulzSec

These fuckers hacked PBS not too long ago because they did something to upset them. (The Bradley Manning fiasco)

Now they want to bust Sony and prevent us from ever playing online again.

Is linux really that important on a PS3? Is playing the Super Nintendo on a PS3 really that important?

This is videogaming not fucking Afghanistan.

I bitch about Sony and Capcom as much as the next guy. At this point I dont have anything against Sony's PSN and the PS3 anymore.

Its these hacker bastards that cant figure out who they really are affecting here. They just removed another PS3 feature themselves. The ability to play online through PSN. Lets just drown the whole ship cause the captain is a swindler. Yeah right. Assholes.

Someone needs to hack the hackers... like kill thier computers, I wouldn't blame sony if they hunted down thier IP and whatnot and killed those hacker shit's computers.

Is linux really that important on a PS3?

It is when it was something that was sold to us and then taken away.

When Other OS comes back to PS3s, then I'll stop supporting the hackers.

Sony came into my home and stole functionality from me. I literally scrounged up and paid $500 for that functionality while working a minimum wage part time job during college. People like me have a justification for being upset.

And there are other reasons, but we've already been through them a zillion times. The bottom line here is that Sony came into our homes via the internet and took away functionality from my PS3 console. The fact that some jackass executive decided to play games with my functionality, do a cost/benefit analysis of the benefits to their profits vs. the costs of stealing something I paid for, and then go through with the theft of my Other OS functionality brings my blood to a boil. Granted, it's not quite Pinto Memo bad, but it's still no trivial matter.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for Sony in these hacking situations.

Edited by Chuplayer