Chester Cheetah Wild, Wild Quest SNES 1.00

Street Fighter II SNES 1.00

Bram Stoker's Dracula SNES 1.00

Taz-Mania SNES 1.00

Phantom 2040 SNES 1.00

X-Men Mutant Apocalypse SNES 1.00

Creat Circus Mystery SNES 4.00

Gameboy Advance SP Case .29

Went to the company store today and I walked away with the following.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy NIB PS1 2.00

Crash Bandicoot 2 NIB PS1 2.00

Namco Museum Vol. 1 NIB PS1 2.00

Namco Museum Vol. 3 NIB PS1 2.00

Test Drive 5 NIB PS1 2.00

Duke Nukem Time To Kill NIB PS1 2.00

Rocky NIB PS2 5.00

007 Agent Under Fire NIB PS2 5.00

Midway's Arcade Treasures 3 NIB PS2 5.00

Metal Gear Solid 2 NIB Xbox 5.00

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland NIB 360 5.00

Capcom PnP w/ Commando, 1942, and Ghosts and Goblins NIB 5.00

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Okay - some more Genesis finds for a buck a throw...

Game Genie + book + 4x code update books

Vector Man 2

Earthworm Jim 2

Might And Magic

Tiny TOons - Buster's Hidden Treasure

Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion

Shining In The Darkness

Dungeons & Dragons - Warriors of the Eternal Sun

Toejam & Earl (can't beleive that I've never found this before...)

Landstalker

Sword of Vermillion

Taz - Escape from Mars

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Quackshot

The Lost Vikings

Also got a sweet early boom box - a Sony CFD-5 for $5. Heavy as hell - you'd dislocate your shoulder carrying this down to the park for breakdancing. ;)

Why do I never Find a Toejam and Earl?!

I did have a great non-video game buy, though. Got this Star Wars book for $2. It is in the mail on its way to my friend Ryan, who collects Star Wars stuff. We have an exchange program and I owed him for that 5200 Zenji score awhile back.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-Sp...t/dp/0789455471

So-so today.

Found NES Ice Hockey and Captain Sky for too much, left it. Found CIB Combat for too much, left it. Found many PSX consoles in various states, most of them doodled with crayons. Left them all. Found a few old Time Life series books, bought em.

The highlight was a working 15" LCD monitor for $9.99 but while trying to get to the front desk, a 3 year old kid running under clothes rack ran in front of me and tripped me, causing the monitor to fall and smash on his head. The mother had the nerve to loudly berate me for hurting her "precious child" when a few witnesses backed me stating the kid just ran from nowhere under the clothes racks. Left behind the ruined LCD monitor and one irate Goodwill manager threatening to call cops if the loudmouthed mother and hyperactive brat didn't leave soon.

Maybe I should have taken the names of the witnesses, store employees, and that mother and take her ass to the court for causing this public mayhem and left a nasty looking bruise on my elbow where I fell on first. Yes it still hurt.

The kid seemed OK though but I hope that dropped monitor knocked some sense into him. :x Wonder if Goodwill ever carries Ritalin?

Got a nice stack of NES games for $1 apiece yesterday. Nothing notable, but it is always nice to have Tetris. Also a copy of Banjo Tooie for the N64, right to eBay for that one. The guy said they had thrown out the NES console cause the light blinked and didn't work, so I gave them my phone number and said I'd be happy to save any others that don't work from the dumpster.

I have been taking some awesome pictures at thrifts: here's one from yesterday...

post-6271-1190409565_thumb.jpg

So-so today.

Found NES Ice Hockey and Captain Sky for too much, left it. Found CIB Combat for too much, left it. Found many PSX consoles in various states, most of them doodled with crayons. Left them all. Found a few old Time Life series books, bought em.

The highlight was a working 15" LCD monitor for $9.99 but while trying to get to the front desk, a 3 year old kid running under clothes rack ran in front of me and tripped me, causing the monitor to fall and smash on his head. The mother had the nerve to loudly berate me for hurting her "precious child" when a few witnesses backed me stating the kid just ran from nowhere under the clothes racks. Left behind the ruined LCD monitor and one irate Goodwill manager threatening to call cops if the loudmouthed mother and hyperactive brat didn't leave soon.

Maybe I should have taken the names of the witnesses, store employees, and that mother and take her ass to the court for causing this public mayhem and left a nasty looking bruise on my elbow where I fell on first. Yes it still hurt.

The kid seemed OK though but I hope that dropped monitor knocked some sense into him. :x Wonder if Goodwill ever carries Ritalin?

y'know.. there was a time and place where a horse sense doctor would tell you to take away the candy, and give the kid a cup of coffee... but ritalin.. blah...

rant over..

sucks about the monitor though.. I would kill for a cheap ass LCD like that.. I perfer CRT's for my general com-pootin.. but I would strip the guts from its case and mount it with a old Overhead projector to create a <$100 front projection high def TV

sucks about the monitor though.. I would kill for a cheap ass LCD like that.. I perfer CRT's for my general com-pootin.. but I would strip the guts from its case and mount it with a old Overhead projector to create a <$100 front projection high def TV

Yeah, I've seen some of the ideas on that. Also, if the backlight is out it doesn't matter as long as the LCD panel still works. Some screens, though, have parts mounted on them where they might interfere with the light path, but they usually can be relocated with a few wires. Oh, and the anit-glare coating should be removed for better picture clarity, soaking in distilled water usually does the trick, from what I've read. I'm gonna have to try building one of these things before the actual LCD projectors are just as cheap.

Couple of nice gaming finds tonight.

Vintage 1978 Simon game complete in box with manual, nearly flawless condition: $2.17 :)

and

Game Boy Color, looked like was never played with came with Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Zelda Link's Awakening, Tetris, and Pokemon Red, and a Pokemon carry case, all for $25.00

Maybe not the best deal on the Gameboy, but I've never owned one, and the few that I've seen at yard sales were in pretty rough shape compared to this one. Biggest drawback? It's PINK. :ponder:

Sorry you got hurt and lost out on a deal of the millenium.

But.... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I would have loved to seen that kid getting bonked like that.

It's PINK. :ponder:

So, whadda ya think, we're going to start ribbing you? A gameboy is a gameboy.

Enjoy it, ya sissy. :P :lolblue:

It's PINK. :ponder:

So, whadda ya think, we're going to start ribbing you? A gameboy is a gameboy.

Enjoy it, ya sissy. :P :lolblue:

Did I mention the purple and pink carry bag with Pikachu on it? :ponder:

that gameboy and bag must have been from the nintendo play it metrosexual collection :)

anyways,today at several goodwills(half off sale) i got:

xevious for 7800(cart only)$1

choplifter for 7800(cart only)$1

asteroids for 2600(cart only)$1

centipede for 2600(cart only)$1

video olympics for 2600(cart only)$1

football for 2600(cart only)$1

donkey kong for 2600(cart only)$1

super battleship for snes(cart only)$1

top gear for snes(cart only)$1

nes controller:$1

gun controllerconverter dual shooter for ps1/pc:$ 1

40 years of glory abc wide world of sports dvd(brand new)$1

scooby doo dvd:$1

huge fisher price play castle with lots of people,weapons,etc,for my son and daughter to play with:$2

Edited by wccw mark

So today, I'm all hunting all over, garage sales, pawn shops, thrift stores, everywhere. All morning and didn't find squat. So after lunch, we decided to head out to the part of town we hadn't been yet.

First, saw a Commodore64C with a floppy drive in boxes for about $12.00, but I passed because it was pretty yellow and well used, and I know I won't even play with it.

The next place had an NES flight yoke type controller called the "Zoomer" for $2.02, I can't resist weird NES controllers, so I nabbed it.

At the last place, I saw something that nearly made me shit my pants. There on the shelf, in the box, was a Kid Vid voice module for the 2600, for only $5.99! I'm thinking I hit the jackpot, but then I opened it up. Bad news, only thing inside was the tape player itself and the styrofoam. No cables, no Smurf cart, and no cassettes! :x Good news is that what is there is in really nice shape, really clean. Obviously, I bought it anyway, but so close! :roll:

EDIT, I forgot that it also seems to have all the documents with it too, machine manual, game manual, a Coleco 2600 game brochure and the warranty cards. :)

The only other game related item I found today was an old Radio Shack "Electronic Shooting Gallery" for $2.00.

Edited by SRGilbert

My first ever post in this thread, my first ever thrift find! (I'm new to this collecting thing).

From Goodwill, all loose, all 2600:

2 Combat carts, left them behind.

RealSports Football

Activision Skiing

Video Pinball

International Soccer (looks like it should have a front label, which it doesn't)

Super Challenge Baseball (also looks like it should have a front label)

QBert (I can't make this one work, but I haven't cleaned well yet).

$1.35/ea

Awesome.

International Soccer (looks like it should have a front label, which it doesn't)

Super Challenge Baseball (also looks like it should have a front label)

Worry not, those M Network games only had end lables like their Intellivision cousins. :)

Welcome to the pack-rat thread by the way! :D

Thanks! I'm much more of an NES-and-newer collector (I wasn't even alive when half the Atari stuff came out) but they were there and cheap and I have the system to play them on!

I just got back from fishing the bins at the nearby Goodwill "Blue Hanger" salvage store... I found these in a fresh set of bins, all complete (except for the loose Typing Tutor instructions)...

post-4828-1190500091_thumb.jpg

(that's Jawbreaker II behind the flash, as you can tell from the fallen-off label)

I also found a speech module, but passed it up since I have enough of those already.

EDIT: oh yeah, $4.00 total

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

I just got back from fishing the bins at the nearby Goodwill "Blue Hanger" salvage store... I found these in a fresh set of bins, all complete (except for the loose Typing Tutor instructions)...

post-4828-1190500091_thumb.jpg

(that's Jawbreaker II behind the flash, as you can tell from the fallen-off label)

I also found a speech module, but passed it up since I have enough of those already.

EDIT: oh yeah, $4.00 total

How much was the speech module? just curious.