IGNORED

Wich one of these two Prince of Persia you prefer?

José Pereira

Sprites and colours&luminances (can be others) apart, what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sprites and colours&luminances apart(can be others), what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:

• PC original looking
    • C64 remake looking

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

"Cop-out" in this sense is taking the easy way out, with a lesser quality result from less programming effort.

That aside, like Jose said - look at the damn graphics and you'll see pretty quickly that one player won't be enough.

Edited by Rybags

Emkay your solution doesn't have the Player available.

It has only on your mind because you didn't bother to see the guys shapes.

Emkay even if:

-> Rocks in two colours

-> Black for Background

-> White left for clothes, weapons and that Lighest colour of the Enemy clothe

Here is all the 4colours of the Bitmap

2Player at least (but to port the shapes directly it would need the two Missiles) for the Prince skin.

1 PM (PLayer *Missile) needed to get the Dark clothes of the Enemy.

And then 1PM for the Masking like you're saying. Now where will you get the enemy skin colour?

See Emkay why you are not saying anything right?

(And no you can't have the skin colour as PF. In PF you need to have is the white colour that is in more/fits more things: clothes/sword/even the Turbants,...)

"Cop-out" in this sense is taking the easy way out, with a lesser quality result from less programming effort.

That aside, like Jose said - look at the damn graphics and you'll see pretty quickly that one player won't be enough.

After the game is running... as I wrote above... feel free to add those details.

Guys, you can't make something like this by committee, especially if you can't even agree on the graphics mode details.

Guess why I worked in private, without telling anyone? So I don't get bogged down by people who think they know better how to do it.

Someone will pick up my work and run with it, I wish him luck.

I'm outta here...

• Like 2

Emkay your solution doesn't have the Player available.

It has only on your mind because you didn't bother to see the guys shapes.

Emkay even if:

-> Rocks in two colours

-> Black for Background

-> White left for clothes, weapons and that Lighest colour of the Enemy clothe

Here is all the 4colours of the Bitmap

White is by player(s), not playfield, in my solution.

2Player at least (but to port the shapes directly it would need the two Missiles) for the Prince skin.

Skincolour is done by PF ;)

1 PM (PLayer *Missile) needed to get the Dark clothes of the Enemy.

And then 1PM for the Masking like you're saying. Now where will you get the enemy skin colour?

One player needed, with adjusted size...

See Emkay why you are not saying anything right?

(And no you can't have the skin colour as PF. In PF you need to have is the white colour that is in more/fits more things: clothes/sword/even the Turbants,...)

Emkay another thing:

You can't use 5th Player on Torches Fire as it would be always higher PRIOR than PFs.

This way you would still need PFs vs Players interaction/Masking.

Good grief....

When using "8" , and 5th colour, them missiles get handled like the pf3 colour.

When using PRIOR8 the 5th Player would turn Black if there's a Player interaction with the Missiles but that doesn't help in anything because PRIOR8 you'll have:

-> PF0&PF1 on higher Priority

-> Players

-> PF2

-> Backgr. less Priority

And there's no way to expand PMs width as there no possible way to Mask them with PFs. colours in this game.

Like Rybags said if this is for an easy way then I think: Why bother to have PoP on a8?

Just to say we have and with that uggly 'Dither' like in emkay pictures.

If there are the possibility of Masking the soft sprites and the PMs then it must be done.

For easy solutions there are lots of games to get.

This is not a simply game to do which way you go.

This is not for a begginer and if A8 can handle those beautifull Pallete/IMHO with PRIOR0 why going into uggly solutions?

GR:15 have more cycles, the game wouldn't be in 50fps, there are the Gfxs. Mask to handle this things...

So, why not?

Guys, you can't make something like this by committee, especially if you can't even agree on the graphics mode details.

Guess why I worked in private, without telling anyone? So I don't get bogged down by people who think they know better how to do it.

I'm outta here...

If there are anyone in the coding I would like to work with him...

But 'IN PRIVAT'

I think that my work and time wasted deserves this...

I really like to help as I am sure I can be very helpfull and we could get a great Prince of Persia in A8.

Would be waiting for someone's PM.

Thanks.

I'm outta here...

It's really a problem.

One is flying in higher spheres, already mixing the A8 features with VBXE, and the other one still has to learn something.

;)

I'm outta here...

It's really a problem.

One is flying in higher spheres, already mixing the A8 features with VBXE, and the other one still has to learn something.

;)

And you must stop with your always puting down others ideas.

I am also saying and puting down yours.

There are coders with games/things done in A8 community that saying it is possible....

By now we the Match is 1:1 and it better stay this way, no one has to win.

No one will win because we will never agree with the other on this.

Match? LOL

I don't make the "rules", the Atari makes them.( I also don't take part in that match ;))

Use them correctly and get a very nice game.

Use them with pink glasses, we will never see a final prod.

Use them as "usual" , we don't get the game....

Match? LOL

I don't make the "rules", the Atari makes them.( I also don't take part in that match ;))

Going into your ideas would never get anything worth...

Match? LOL

Going into your ideas would never get anything worth...

My ideas would result in the best solution for this game. It's just that someone has to understand it ;)

Edit: best solution for this resolution would fit better ;)

Anyways I'm more for a PoP 3D on the A8.

Edited by emkay

For the coder, I have now all fixed and without PMs. Masking needed on the Pillars.

All PMs would be free for the guys that would look like this all coloured and you can have these beautifull A8 screens with the great A8 Pallete:

On the left side you see that Darker Blue Pillar that I just paste using PAINT, it's the solution, now I'll go to see if I can redesign better the Dither on the Pillar Rocks)

Everything would run in PRIOR4 and only soft sprite masking:

post-6517-0-94183700-1318617150_thumb.png

For the possible coder, I also have the guys soft sprites port to A8 with the PMs. (there is some little small changes...).

See, there's no need for crazy and uggly dither solutions when some clever thoughts can turn things true ;) .

Clever thoughts that indeed came from a screen of ST version converted to 2:1 and 4colours by Oky2000 on the older PoP Thread.

:thumbsup: to Oky2000.

Edited by José Pereira

For the coder, I have now all fixed and without PMs. Masking needed on the Pillars.

All PMs would be free for the guys that would look like this all coloured and you can have these beautifull A8 screens with the great A8 Pallete:

On the left side you see that Darker Blue Pillar that I just paste using PAINT, it's the solution, now I'll go to see if I can redesign better the Dither on the Pillar Rocks)

Everything would run in PRIOR4 and only soft sprite masking:

post-6517-0-94183700-1318617150_thumb.png

For the possible coder, I also have the guys soft sprites port to A8 with the PMs. (there is some little small changes...).

See, there's no need for crazy and uggly dither solutions when some clever thoughts can turn things true ;) .

Clever thoughts that indeed came from a screen of ST version converted to 2:1 and 4colours by Oky2000 on the older PoP Thread.

:thumbsup: to Oky2000.

ROTFL

This is priceless - like two cardinals, trying to define intercourse rules for a game they don't play... :thumbsup:

This is even priceless. People do useless comments on a thread without any sense of taking part.

If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, why not just decide to not writing ?

Edited by emkay
  • Like 1

Emkay why not admit that I finally get things without troubles.

You want things that work!...

Now I get things that work.

Wasn't you that want just soft sprite underlay (just soft sprite masking) and no double the work (not soft and hardware sprites Masking)?

Now you have it.

I'll wait to see if anyone is coding this and want me to help in geting PoP in a good IMHO and fast playable game.

EMKAY: You never admit. Even when people are doing the same as you defend or most of it.

You still saying that it doesn't work.

What I have now isn't the same as you were thinking to turn things simple to get the game coded?

(but the other way is/was still possible but 'coding more painful')

You will never change, don't you?

Edited by José Pereira