IGNORED

Wich one of these two Prince of Persia you prefer?

José Pereira

Sprites and colours&luminances (can be others) apart, what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Sprites and colours&luminances apart(can be others), what of these two Rocks type you think look better designed/better looking:

• PC original looking
    • C64 remake looking

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

That's another interesting part.

You do nothing seriously, force active Coders to do stuff, get actively rude......

Or, in short: You're doing all, people say, I would do. But this is ok.

You also seem to got OKY2000 to your side, defending exactly what he is blaming on me.

I am not forcing anyone.

I just use what I have and what I learn.

If someone code it good, if not I try again with other game.

I am doing the same as you but not in the same way as you...

And some of that "rude" was only because I was treated, probably, worst than you.

If you know you're right or that someone who knows says it can go that way what would you do?

The difference is that people wants things from me that I am not the only one involved...

And from you, even when you're right, people think: "here comes Emkay with one more of his critics..."

Emkay couldn't you help with those picture without blaming about G2F.

Isn't the final work that counts?

For that screen isn't G2F more than enough?

That's another interesting part.

You do nothing seriously, force active Coders to do stuff, get actively rude......

Or, in short: You're doing all, people say, I would do. But this is ok.

You also seem to got OKY2000 to your side, defending exactly what he is blaming on me.

I am not forcing anyone.

So we could agree , you don't know what you're writing?

Emkay, what about Load just the center part with the new Hi-resolution text...

COPY it.

LOAD the old one (the one you've already have done)

PASTE in the center.

There's lots of possibilities, even PASTE Hi-Resolution onto 2:1:

post-6517-0-84453300-1319318723_thumb.png

I never though in this... but thanks to you and in secods I thought a way, try it and it seems to work.

Now I am thinking that G2F is better than I thought.

EDIT: Or I am with the hope that you may think it is a little better than you thought ;) .

Edited by José Pereira

This Level 4 example:

post-6517-0-68032900-1319319163_thumb.png

Now I want to put those Letters above the Image:

-> COPY that letters Area

-> Because the Letters are in 1:1, I get the Char-Lines on that Yellowish level4 screen I want to Paste in 1:1.

-> Finally I just PASTE it over the Yellowish screen

G2F Paste the PFs, the PMs, the PRIORs, the colour information,...:

post-6517-0-61546500-1319319341_thumb.png + post-6517-0-41565500-1319319345_thumb.png = post-6517-0-75013800-1319319561_thumb.png

And it really works because here it's the so called 'Proof of Concept', the Image on Atari:

post-6517-0-51916100-1319319412_thumb.png

Edited by José Pereira

Look at them in the emulator.

That latest version produces again other errors.

After importing the text , the following happens:

Despite of the different palette usage:

post-2756-0-12956200-1319321556_thumb.png

The upper picture is from G2F ... showing already 2 different bugs

The lower is the saved file....

See for yourself.

Edited by emkay

First the Missiles would have to be changed because the Large Letters are in different parts/different width.

But without a '.g2f' for try I can't say anything more.

Create it yourself, encounter the bugs and get the fun.

Are you interested in sending me the 'g2f'?

Actually, we shouldn't bother with the text and missiles here, because any coder can write a copy routine faster than we could change the screen content.

And, in the intro of the game, it is wanted to make the letters occure after each other.

The biggest problem with g2f is it causes threads like this. :P

G2F isn't that bad. As the picture below is just a simple import. Not much to do here to finish the picture

post-2756-0-29740800-1319356527_thumb.png

As long as using the low standard features, everything is fine.

Things just go crazy when mixing resolutions.

...Analmux I cannot force coders to finish things when they don't have time...

What's the problem in that... It was the musician that said he don't want the things to be public....

I was not mentioning any "problem in that". I was just curious about the progress. But, nevermind.

But, to be honest, if I was the musician of the UWOL-project, then I'd be a bit demotivated when seeing your unpredictable behaviour sometimes here. (The same, of course, for your other projects.)

...Analmux I cannot force coders to finish things when they don't have time...

What's the problem in that... It was the musician that said he don't want the things to be public....

I was not mentioning any "problem in that". I was just curious about the progress. But, nevermind.

But, to be honest, if I was the musician of the UWOL-project, then I'd be a bit demotivated when seeing your unpredictable behaviour sometimes here. (The same, of course, for your other projects.)

I would advise you to read all in this Thread and see who start.

And why would you feel when someone was saying that you're not capable, your ideas are...,... and lots of other stuff.

If you know or have others saying it can be that way and than have someone saying that you're just 'a starter', he was the one that know the capabilities of A8 or...

guess what, I will not even bother to go back and waste my time quoting all the posts about what I had to read about me.

And about that music talking, if there was some respect, I wouldn't say some things.

Did the same treatment as I received...

But guess what?

As, most of you are always with that questions about my games W.I.P. when you all know what's my part in the project, that music wouldn't probably be usefull...

And I also don't see things like he is working for me or I am working for others.

This not mine... all for all and from all!

Have a nice day.

Edited by José Pereira

This Pillar:

post-6517-0-84919500-1319365532.png

have the 'AND' Mask that like the name says mask the sprite data:

post-6517-0-59660000-1319365555.png

It has nothing to do with the Gate as it's on the next Tile:

It seems that for some strange reason, the Pillar mask wasn't consider...

Probably not all that special, just some forgiving.

Edited by José Pereira

Why are you trying to explain it when just the other day you were asking about the bare basics of masking and such?

Because I am learning...

Or are using that Tiles in some way.

And why are you quoting my answer?

Your answer have more than one possible solutions.

I just answer yours with the one that for me seems the right one.

The Tiles are public, instead of answering with different possibilities you could go there and see what's the correct answer.

Edited by José Pereira

That masking fail - looks like a rare case of gate being right next to a pillar.

Might be some mess up in the masking or program problem. Or maybe a bit of both. Possibly the gate's presence is overriding the masking that the pillar specifies.

Actually, yeah, looks like the animated pillar bit does override the mask for the pillar.. Interesting, and surprised if that was left like that in the original.. Anyway, not important in the grand scheme of things I guess..

This video it's with lots of speed but it doesn't seem it has that on the Apple2, at 5:18:

There's also a small bug at 25:46 the Bottle Bubbles doesn't do bitmap masking with the Wall.

The Bubbles as I remember were only above clean Black background on all the other situations.

In the same part of Apple2 version this time it happens the same on the two versions.

this is amied at all of you and no one in particular...

Why are you expending so much wasted energy on trying to match the c64/apple title screens?

you already have a perfectly fine title screen done by Mr Fish.

the "title cards" can be done in hires with no coloured borders, you could instead copy the style of the old silent films that were Jordan Mechner's inspiration like so:

tumblr_l2y0w8rDPr1qzs56do1_500_thumb.jpg

all you have to do is Google for "arabic Borders" and you are sorted.

not all the versions of Pop had opening titles exactly the same, so why keep trying to copy something that's always just out of reach or costs a ludicrous amount of time and effort to attempt to get close to.

I can readily visualise a really nice opening sequence done in this manner and am quite baffled why you keep trying to overthink it.

Steve

• Like 3