IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

1 hour ago, drpeter said:

Great image.

The chessboard dithering you are putting on some of these conversions is very effective.

That's definitely not a sperm whale or a blue whale though!  I think it's a humpback whale.

Oh my you are correct its a humpback  my bad :(  ,,   Dithering either makes or breaks the image I test all the dither options and go with the best one and cross my fingers.  Thanks!

Edited by Atari8man2004

7 hours ago, Atari8man2004 said:

This could be used in an RPG game! Or an text adventure game. Or an parser animated adventure game.  Or an point an click adventure game (with some kind of mouse support)...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GravityWorm said:

This could be used in an RPG game! Or an text adventure game. Or an parser animated adventure game.  Or an point an click adventure game (with some kind of mouse support)...

I remember Rainbird Computer Game The Pawn was advertised as having the best graphics on a text adventure in the late 80's .  The Atari 8bit has came a long way Rasta converted pictures are the very best the 8bit can do without a hardware upgrade like the video board XE (VBXE) :) IMO

Edited by Atari8man2004
  • Like 1

93 colours.  I am super happy with how this turned out.  Simply by messing with the various settings, I was able to go from what would have been a terribly banded 10 colour image, to this one!  I am attaching the destination preview for running with no dithering or image adjustments just to show the difference.

output.png-dst.png.3a8bc1822727f2fbe4355376f4423a08.png

Now for the good stuff.

NewtonCradleProgress.thumb.png.eaf2b9d94b3b95ed288d3eecd7496855.png

Stephen_NewtonCradle.thumb.png.7a033fce0351b9067c646d05df323fd4.png

Stephen_NewtonCradle.xex

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

93 colours.  I am super happy with how this turned out.  Simply by messing with the various settings, I was able to go from what would have been a terribly banded 10 colour image, to this one!  I am attaching the destination preview for running with no dithering or image adjustments just to show the difference.

output.png-dst.png.3a8bc1822727f2fbe4355376f4423a08.png

Now for the good stuff.

NewtonCradleProgress.thumb.png.eaf2b9d94b3b95ed288d3eecd7496855.png

Stephen_NewtonCradle.thumb.png.7a033fce0351b9067c646d05df323fd4.png

Stephen_NewtonCradle.xex 21.82 kB · 2 downloads

Wow that turned out Super!  I also like the SimiusAvatar.

Edited by Atari8man2004
  • Thanks 1

@Atari8man2004

Loving the alien female and mushroom house 3, and the Waterfall and roses is great and has a lot of potential. Really rich greens and a really nice contrast with the pink of the roses. Do you have the source image for Waterfall and roses that you could post so we can see the original colours etc?

Can you image this in an interactive text/graphic adventure with this image and description above the command line(?) :) :

Atari8man_Waterfall_Roses.png

As you crawl through the dark stone tunnel a glimmer of light comes into view in the distance, and the sound of rushing water. At last you emerge into a vast open cave and the entrance to an ancient ruined temple covered in vines and lush plants. A water fall cascades down into a cool underground lake and you can see the sky and remnants of other ruins above. Roses surround you at every turn. You hear faint chanting....

>What do you want to do?

>Enter temple

;)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Atari8man2004

Loving the alien female and mushroom house 3, and the Waterfall and roses is great and has a lot of potential. Really rich greens and a really nice contrast with the pink of the roses. Do you have the source image for Waterfall and roses that you could post so we can see the original colours etc?

Can you image this in an interactive text/graphic adventure with this image and description above the command line(?) :) :

Atari8man_Waterfall_Roses.png

As you crawl through the dark stone tunnel a glimmer of light comes into view in the distance, and the sound of rushing water. At last you emerge into a vast open cave and the entrance to an ancient ruined temple covered in vines and lush plants. A water fall cascades down into a cool underground lake and you can see the sky and remnants of other ruins above. Roses surround you at every turn. You hear faint chanting....

>What do you want to do?

>Enter temple

;)

The Alien and the waterfall look great on a CRT and the mushroom 3 too :)    Seeing thes type of images in a text adventure would be awesome.  Here are a src files.   When I saw theses images I wonder how well would they convert to the Atari  and had to give them a try.

Atari8man_Alien_FemaleSRC.png

Atari8man_Waterfall_Rose_src.png

Atari8man_Mushroom_house_3_src.png

Edited by Atari8man2004
  • Thanks 4