IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

40 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

I have found an homemade One arrived from Germany and It Is 8 slot! 😁

https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=168&pagina=gall_Hardware&data=hardware&album=Multislot_8_(Ger)

image.thumb.png.e0ceae46a1af871fec93d18c5e40e198.png

Similar to my original 8 slot one except I added some logic so each slot was at a different GROM base allowing review module library to kick in automatically

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

This does not look practical from a space standpoint as the console now has to sit way in front of you. 

My original design did a small 90 degree turn and all 8 slots fitted perfectly along the top of the console. Wish I had some photos of it. There might be one from a old users group newsletter as I bought it to some meetings and fairs back in the day but soon I going to recreate it anyway.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

This does not look practical from a space standpoint as the console now has to sit way in front of you. 

Yes it needs to swallow the whole right side of the TI from the very back to as much room as it needs going forward. 

And it needs to be silver and black looking

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GDMike said:

Yes it needs to swallow the whole right side of the TI from the very back to as much room as it needs going forward. 

And it needs to be silver and black looking

Or beautiful beige if on the newer consoles and of course using beige only solid state carts

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

I have found an homemade One arrived from Germany and It Is 8 slot! 😁

https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=168&pagina=gall_Hardware&data=hardware&album=Multislot_8_(Ger)

image.thumb.png.e0ceae46a1af871fec93d18c5e40e198.png

This looks like one of the Mechatronic 8-slot expanders. When Michael Becker bought the rest of Mechatronic's parts stock, there were a few of these in the boxes in various states of completion. The originals never made it into series production, IIRC, so all of them in circulation were test/prototypes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ksarul said:

This looks like one of the Mechatronic 8-slot expanders. When Michael Becker bought the rest of Mechatronic's parts stock, there were a few of these in the boxes in various states of completion. The originals never made it into series production, IIRC, so all of them in circulation were test/prototypes.

I actually had one that looked exactly like this. I almost forgot about it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Well, I guess if we say 1993 it was that price then adjusted for inflation it now would be 92.93

Off by about a decade: 99er Magazine, 1983.  Also seems to include shipping.

7 minutes ago, mizapf said:

I guess this was a bit more robust than the sliding switch. After some time, the stops in the slide were almost gone, so it was more like a skill test for your fingers. (Yeah, middle position at the first try!)

I am sure the plastic version was cheaper as well. I wonder how much the original rotary switch one would sell on eBay if the plastic newer type goes now for around $100

19 minutes ago, mizapf said:

I guess this was a bit more robust than the sliding switch. After some time, the stops in the slide were almost gone, so it was more like a skill test for your fingers. (Yeah, middle position at the first try!)

I have tried to get the ridges on the switch and frame to engage more tightly by bending out the sliding metal fingers which act both as the switching mechanism and to spring-load the switch.  The results were mixed, and short-lasting.

11 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

I am sure the plastic version was cheaper as well. I wonder how much the original rotary switch one would sell on eBay if the plastic newer type goes now for around $100

The rotary switch type is actually seriously rare. I have one, as do several others in the community, but the total count of known examples in the wild is definitely less than 10, with maybe that many more moldering in random basements around the country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

somebody in Las Vegas area, gonna get a good load.!!

I wish I had a few extra clams to pick it up, including shipping.  Oh, man, what a steal!

39 minutes ago, InfiniteTape said:

At that scale, I figure @arcadeshopper would be restocked for a while if he grabbed that lot. I'm certain I had one of those Astec modulators at some point.

Seriously, I might commit a felony for those monitors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2