IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

5 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Is that the thing you play with your hands?

Yes, named for being played on foot, not for the appendage which makes most contact with the ball.

Here's a Pyuuta on Yahoo! Japan with a nice surprise included. One of the documents is a really HTF Pyuuta book with listings in it for a lot of the tape programs. It is missing the front and back covers, but looks to be otherwise complete. I've only seen copies of this book come up for sale three or four times before this, so it is definitely a good score for those who like Pyuutas.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yes, named for being played on foot, not for the appendage which makes most contact with the ball.

That does indeed distinguish it from most other ball games, which are either played sitting or lying down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Yes that's an excellent example of "most other ball games".

Not really the point.  We call it football.  We call the European equivalent soccer.  We also put our month ahead of the day, rebuke the metric system, and troll people who do it differently.  We are Yankee Doodle Dandies.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2024 at 10:50 AM, Gary from OPA said:

I need to delete eBay, at times it costs me money, but today I think I lucked out, rare to find a fellow Canadian selling a PEB, and was able to score this baby that includes a flex cable interface and a 2mb Horizon 4000 and with shipping and taxes all for under $230 CAD.

I really don't need another PEB, I have 3 that I am not using, but the reason I not using them as they were missing their flex cable interface, so I was going to buy another firehose or the shift838 replacement, so I got that and a horizon Ramdisk at the same time.

I might decide to list my extra PEB's at some point with number of original ti99 cards, if anyone thinks there a market for them at a good price let me know, sadly being in Canada shipping to USA is super costly.

s-l1200.webp

Well, it arrived today..  Time to unbox it and setup the box, I just need the flex cable firehose and the 2mb horizon 4000 Ramdisk. The rest I will store away with my other spares.

PXL_20240405_173630507~2.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Not really the point.  We call it football.  We call the European equivalent soccer.  We also put our month ahead of the day, rebuke the metric system, and troll people who do it differently.  We are Yankee Doodle Dandies.

I know. I was being sarcastic. (sigh)

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Well, it arrived today..  Time to unbox it and setup the box, I just need the flex cable firehose and the 2mb horizon 4000 Ramdisk. The rest I will store away with my other spares.

How many Geneve setups you got?

16 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

How many Geneve setups you got?

None, sadly. -- I have all the cards I need for a Geneve, a 504k memex, and myarc hdfc, and the PEB it was in, but sadly my Geneve 9640 got totally destroyed by hurricane matthew when in was in Dominican Republic, so here back in canada, i currently have two fully stuffed ti99 systems up and running with PEB each, and a 3rd v2.2 console with the mini myarc expansion box.

But, I have 3 PEB's not being used, one which was originally for geneve and two others, and now sadly this one, but for the 3 peb's I am not using i don't have flexcard "firehose" interfaces for them, so could not setup any more ti99 systems, plus I don't have any more consoles anyway.

but i ordered recently from @arcadeshopper a PEB joiner thingy, so when that comes I going to use the flexcable card from this eBay purchase, and join two PEB's together on my main ti99 system, so i can have more cards installed, as all 8 slots are full, with two PEB's together, it will give me the ability to have 14 cards in total, and I have enough extra cards, will allow me to then add my PCode Card, and the TIPI card (also coming from my "arcadeshopper" order), and my SAMS card, as well as using this new Horizon 4000 ramdisk, and another ramdisk I am not using, plus also add a second rs232 card, and also allow me to add in my >1b00 debugger card, will not take long before both peb's together will have all 16 slots used up.

then at some point going to get another flexcable card and peb joiner, and do the same on my second ti99 system, and someday when i become rich and can afford $3,000 on geneve will do that as well, i even have monitor and keyboard for it, and i could get another flexcable card and switch up my 3rd ti99 console to use a PEB instead of the Myarc mini expansion system, or if I find another /4a console at good price, start setting up a 4th system at some point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

all unboxed, and extra parts stored away, and now just need to do a couple small changes to the 2mb horizon 4000b card and fix the broken on/off switch, only damage in the shipping.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Shit... Deleting eBay now before I buy it.

I lament getting rid of my X10 stuff.  I had a bunch of outlets and a couple of wall switches.  Nothing for the TI, but the head unit I had had a serial port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterfleeman said:

Ok, real talk. We all know we want this thing. And we know $1600 is WAYYYY too much. But what a scary internal process it is, at least for me, to figure out how ridiculous my number might be. 

IMG_8996.jpeg

At least it says "or Best Offer". Someone might get it for much less if all he gets are low offers? Maybe, not likely, but maybe.