IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

@ClassicGMR @sramirez2008 you pick the pictures and I'll put them on a plate. I'm assuming black metal plates. Just cost (plate, transfer, ink) plus shipping plus $1 each for the kitty, hope that's fair. Probably cheaper to amortize the shipping over a few plates, plus that way I can buy a contractor box of plates.

21 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

you pick the pictures and I'll put them on a plate. I'm assuming black metal plates.

Yep, black metal plate. How about the attached pic? I only need one, so I’d you need to charge a bit more to make it worth your time, I’m fine with that.

IMG_1460.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’d you need to charge a bit more to make it worth your time, I’m fine with that.

Same here. I’ll easily pitch in whatever just cuz. 😊

The pic is ok but with the ship centered it may get lost on the switch cutout.

Random side thought - Maybe that’s why no one has one for sale?

• Like 2

I'll toy with the pic a bit and post first. I don't do this for money but thank you. It shouldn't be too much. Let me investigate and get back here tonight or tomorrow. 

I think I may have to do a white metal plate and just print the black region. Just using a regular printer so no white ink. I'll hit it with some matte sealer too so they will last and can be cleaned.

Going to make a dig dug one for myself.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 7:11 AM, ClassicGMR said:

@sramirez2008 I do love me a well-built Eagle! Star Trek's "primary hull Saucer and dual Nacelle design" is gorgeous but the Eagle is probably my #2 all time favorite spaceship design. 👍

The Eagle is my #1 with the Galactica a close 2nd. 

<Edit> Recently received the Galactica.

BGBox.jpg

BG_Open.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TrekMD said:

@sramirez2008, since you like the Eagle maybe you should check this out:  The Eagle Has Landed – Sci-Fi Documentary

Thanks @TrekMD. You know your getting old when everything you like is at or near it’s 50th anniversary celebration.🙂 I hope this gets completed. Their far off from their funding goal at the moment, with 19 days to go.

On 9/21/2023 at 2:54 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Yep, black metal plate. How about the attached pic? I only need one, so I’d you need to charge a bit more to make it worth your time, I’m fine with that.

IMG_1460.jpeg

@ClassicGMR

I've been toying with crops and with rearranging some of the elements, but I just can't come up with anything acceptable. How about I make this on a double-gang switch plate?
image.thumb.png.700dfcbb64e7078ad43d79f4ef819d88.png

image.thumb.png.1a1a4321fdcffbce53e7fc6d502e3890.png

There's also the option of the box art or the entire front of the arcade machine for a single plate, but that may be too tiny for good detail.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

@ClassicGMR

I've been toying with crops and with rearranging some of the elements, but I just can't come up with anything acceptable. How about I make this on a double-gang switch plate?
image.thumb.png.700dfcbb64e7078ad43d79f4ef819d88.png

image.thumb.png.1a1a4321fdcffbce53e7fc6d502e3890.png

There's also the option of the box art or the entire front of the arcade machine for a single plate, but that may be too tiny for good detail.

I don’t need a double switch plate and haven’t found a better pic. How about we switch and use the marquee? I could use this on the following type of switch plate. Don’t know if others could use one.

IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1461.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Sweet! I like this too.

Cool. I'll make one of those for a test run.

I'm going to try a nylon switch plate first. I think the smoother surface will take the decal better. I will also look for extra smooth metal ones.

No worries if you don't like the final product. I have many places through the house and in any of six outbuildings in which I can use them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

Cool. I'll make one of those for a test run.

I'm going to try a nylon switch plate first. I think the smoother surface will take the decal better. I will also look for extra smooth metal ones.

No worries if you don't like the final product. I have many places through the house and in any of six outbuildings in which I can use them.

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll like one, nylon or metal.

• Like 1

On topic:

I'm on vacation in NH so hitting some of my favorite thrifts here.

I passed on the $35 bag of Nintendo Wii connectors, power, controllers, motion bar... no console. You'd think there would be a console. Not to be found. Even the staff was stumped on that one. I also passed on the $70 XBox 360 and $125 PS3... this used to be such a good thrift store...

I did find a pair of PS2 extension cables for $1 each though. I'll take the small win. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

I've been eyeing some feebay copies, but I don't want it without the overlay. Looks like CIB, did that have a warranty card?

No warranty card.  To be honest, I was surprised it had the overlays.  That wasn't even mentioned on the auction.

• Like 1