IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

3 hours ago, RodLightning said:

Didn't know Activision had an official "You Suck!" patch.  That one has me laughing.  Imagine wearing that proudly on your jacket.  :)

It's not official. It's a custom made patch. A member here offered them a couple of years ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

I should finally now be able to finish the blue Activision / Imagic subset with this purchase.   I had to buy a lot to get it, but it’s the first I’ve seen in I can’t say how long!!

CDB4EBCB-63E0-4056-9FCC-BCACAC411B0D.thumb.jpeg.03f40cff9ded2eb2573c57f10a514c62.jpeg

Skiing is by far the hardest Blue Text Label to get at this point. 

I bought a case from Venezuela that had 4 UPC and 2 Non UPC boxes in it.

All 4 UPC boxes were transitional boxes. They had pic label carts and B&W Manuals. I was not happy about that needless to say. 

Looking back the fact that the case had non UPC boxes in it should have been a clue that I was not gonna get lucky with that case. 

Ultimately I had a friend who what "getting out" and offered me his Text Label Skiing because he knew it was my last outstanding cart for the set. I made an offer and he accepted and it saved me from having to compete on eBay for it. IMO it's easily a Rarity 9 or 10 at this point. 

Congrats. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I should finally now be able to finish the blue Activision / Imagic subset with this purchase.   I had to buy a lot to get it, but it’s the first I’ve seen in I can’t say how long!!

CDB4EBCB-63E0-4056-9FCC-BCACAC411B0D.thumb.jpeg.03f40cff9ded2eb2573c57f10a514c62.jpeg

Very cool!  I’ve never seen one before.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

Skiing is by far the hardest Blue Text Label to get at this point. 

I bought a case from Venezuela that had 4 UPC and 2 Non UPC boxes in it.

All 4 UPC boxes were transitional boxes. They had pic label carts and B&W Manuals. I was not happy about that needless to say. 

Looking back the fact that the case had non UPC boxes in it should have been a clue that I was not gonna get lucky with that case. 

Ultimately I had a friend who what "getting out" and offered me his Text Label Skiing because he knew it was my last outstanding cart for the set. I made an offer and he accepted and it saved me from having to compete on eBay for it. IMO it's easily a Rarity 9 or 10 at this point. 

Congrats. 

I’ve been watching for a while and have not seen one online.   I did see one at a local show some months ago for $100 but I thought at the time it’s probably not worth that.   I ended up paying a little more than that, but also got a nice boxed 4 switch and some other games that will be sold to offset.  The only pricecharting example I could find was from 2020 and sold for $300!

• Like 3

On 5/24/2022 at 4:34 PM, 4300 said:

Not gaming related,  but...

I decided to start skating again at the ripe age of 44 and ordered this Santa Cruz Kendall reissue deck. It's been 30 years since I was on a board and apparently retained zero skill since I suck pretty bad now.  The ground is also harder than I remember. 

20220524_180437.jpg

I can relate...Never was "good" but I could ride it...I did however break my jaw skating at age 32.   Easter Sunday and I needed to go to my aunt's house for an Easter dinner.  She only lived down a hill in the next block and I didn't want to drive...figured I'd cruise downhill on our front yard's sidewalk,  then sail over the curb,  which I'd done before...(NOPE!) ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been after one of these odyssey pong consoles for a while.  I'm not even sure why,  since there's nothing special about them.  I guess it's because if you told a designer "make me a console that looks like a race car", this is what you'd get. 

20220616_150051.jpg

• Like 5

Received the Atari Arcade 1 cart for my Evercade from Amazon.  Nice collection of 13 classic arcade releases. 

I'm sick at home with some sort of sinus cold, and I've been playing several of the games. 

It's great!

20220616_161242.jpg

Edited by ls650
  • Like 3

On 6/16/2022 at 5:15 PM, ls650 said:

Received the Atari Arcade 1 cart for my Evercade from Amazon.  Nice collection of 13 classic arcade releases. 

I'm sick at home with some sort of sinus cold, and I've been playing several of the games. 

It's great!

20220616_161242.jpg

I just hope ya don't have COVID like me!  Have you taken an at home test by chance?

Anyway,   Enjoy the Evercade!

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I just hope ya don't have COVID like me!  Have you taken an at home test by chance?

Anyway,   Enjoy the Evercade!

I've been dealing with what seems like a mild case of Omicron for the last few days. Fever, sinus congestion, extreme fatigue, etc. However, I've done a couple of rapid anti-gen tests that have been negative, so I googled "Can I have COVID and test negative?" I found this interesting bit of info:

"The Ontario Science Table did review the sensitivity of rapid tests against the Delta and Omicron variants and found, in unpublished studies, that the sensitivity against Omicron was clearly lower than it was for Delta. Its analysis suggested that the sensitivity of rapid tests to detect the Omicron variant was 37 percent, compared to 81 percent for Delta. In effect, this means that if 100 people had COVID and were infected with the Omicron variant, only 37 of them would get a positive result and the others would get a falsely negative result." - https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19/navigating-false-negatives-covid-rapid-tests

Just 37% !!!

Anyways...  yeah, the Evercade is really great.  Although a lot of the carts don't interest me much, there are several that do, and today I ordered two more: the Gaelco Arcade 1 cart, and the Atari Lynx 2 cart.

Edited by ls650
  • Like 1

I bought some comics at Ollie's the other day B) Was kind of a late FCBD Father's Day excursion.

They didn't have anything super exciting, but they did have the books nice and organized and easy to skim through...grabbed two Archie books and the Mad Max Fury Road prequel book!

Also got a PSX mod chip the other day, gotta install it in my PS1.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:30 PM, ls650 said:

I've been dealing with what seems like a mild case of Omicron for the last few days. Fever, sinus congestion, extreme fatigue, etc. However, I've done a couple of rapid anti-gen tests that have been negative, so I googled "Can I have COVID and test negative?" I found this interesting bit of info:

Just 37% !!!

Anyways...  yeah, the Evercade is really great.  Although a lot of the carts don't interest me much, there are several that do, and today I ordered two more: the Gaelco Arcade 1 cart, and the Atari Lynx 2 cart.

Yeah, since Omicron, a lot of people have been saying saying you have to wait about three days before re/testing, and even then it still might come back negative.
Basically, if someone tells me they feel sick, "But we tested negative!", I just assume the worst.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Most of the games I play on NES would play worse with that kind of joystick for me... NES Advantage for arcade games and shooters and the standard controller for platformers is what I use.

Of course.

The Quickshot really is optimal for certain games.  You don't want to play SMB or Zelda with it, but shooters and flight games are awesome.  I do admit the NES Advantage was my go-to stick for just about every game...such a well made stick!

• Like 1

A buddy of mine recently picked up a lot of 2600 games, and he's not into the system, but knew I was, so he hooked me up. It was mostly common stuff I already had, but then there were these two. First time I've ever seen Chuck Wagon in the flesh actually. 

20220625-105926.jpg

• Like 7