IGNORED

Pie Factory Podcast...

At the end? I didnt hear it in the show proper. I made sure to listen for it so I didnt mistakenly post it here.

But...I guess I did.

When I was talking about the side art. I remembered he was holding a pie, and I had a "duh" moment.

I was thinking about putting intentional errors in the podcast to see who listens, but then I remembered I make so many unintentional ones that my idea would be redundant.

Thanks for listening! We appreciate everybody who enjoys what we do. :)

• Like 1

When I was talking about the side art. I remembered he was holding a pie, and I had a "duh" moment.

I was thinking about putting intentional errors in the podcast to see who listens, but then I remembered I make so many unintentional ones that my idea would be redundant.

Thanks for listening! We appreciate everybody who enjoys what we do. :)

That sounds like a sly April Fool's idea! Try to cram in as many mistakes and omissions as possible without making it obvious.

Speaking of forgetting things, I think I am more like Dauber as I sometimes forget things that it would seem like I shouldn't.

Case in point: When you mentioned the 7800 Food Fight Easter Egg, I was thinking "There's an Easter Egg in that version!?!?!?"

Then you mentioned I made a video of it :party:

• Like 1

That sounds like a sly April Fool's idea! Try to cram in as many mistakes and omissions as possible without making it obvious.

Speaking of forgetting things, I think I am more like Dauber as I sometimes forget things that it would seem like I shouldn't.

Case in point: When you mentioned the 7800 Food Fight Easter Egg, I was thinking "There's an Easter Egg in that version!?!?!?"

Then you mentioned I made a video of it :party:

I don't remember waking up this morning. I only know I did because I'm typing this.

• Like 1

We're getting recognized in the non-Anglophonic world! According to Google Translate, here's what an Indonesian blogger sez about our podcast:

"Eits, this is not a podcast on the cake, you know! Pie Factory offers a review of old school games in the ever popular arcade machines. In Indonesia, this game is known as ding dong. It was a gaming machine like display at the mall or market, and to play we need to insert coins. Ding dong modern still may be seen in theaters or arcades in shopping centers.

Pie Factory is very dense information, and sometimes the thrill saking 1 episode could pass a duration of 1 hour! So, if you are not familiar with arcade games like Donkey Kong, Xevious, Pac Man, or Zaxxon, then this podcast is for you!"

Thank you all for your support, and we're looking forward to 2016 being a great year to talk about ding dong!

Sean originally posted this, I happened upon the blog...

Here's the link...

http://ramadityaknight.tumblr.com/post/124729525504

Edited by Inky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, you guessed it. It is indeed Mike Nesmith. He showed up in a Santa Claus costume, and just at the end of the episode he removed the hat and fake beared to reveal it was indeed Papa Nez. Then after my Lone Ranger story he sang "Naked Persimmon."

• Like 3

Oh, it was just Phil. Well, that's okay -- he was a great sport about singing "Good, Clean Fun" without any banjo accompaniment.

Could you explain where that Robotron news announcement (or whatever it is) comes from? I get the feeling that I'm missing a very funny inside joke. I blame myself. :dunce:

• Like 1

Could you explain where that Robotron news announcement (or whatever it is) comes from? I get the feeling that I'm missing a very funny inside joke. I blame myself. :dunce:

It occurred to us that whatever game we talk about, we always seem to mention something about Robotron, so we started a feature "This week in Robotron."

I told this to Eugene Jarvis, and he had a hearty chuckle.

• Like 1

Inky, on 03 Jan 2016 - 9:23 PM, said:

It occurred to us that whatever game we talk about, we always seem to mention something about Robotron, so we started a feature "This week in Robotron."

I told this to Eugene Jarvis, and he had a hearty chuckle.

Jealous you guys got to meet Eugene Jarvis. I'd love to talk to him some day. He's always been one of my favorite arcade game creators. While I love Defender and Robotron, my favorite games of his are Smash TV and Total Carnage. I was the right age when those came out and I pumped SO much money into the cabinets of those games!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...