IGNORED

Pie Factory Podcast...

Totally forgot to post about episode 125, but it's too late, because now it's time for episode 126. This is indeed a new episode of Pie Factory Podcast. In that it’s a new episode, about 99.44% new material, and it’s Pie Factory Podcast. Only thing is…well, we had to shift the focus a bit for this one time. You’ll get what we mean when you listen.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2021/12/18/episode-126-the-uhh-new-episode/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Episode 127 has been released to the masses! Bad Dudes and Zero Wing....ahh, just how Sean likes his fried chicken. Warm yourselves up to the soothing voices of him and Jimmy G with this 127th-ish numbered episode of the series, and first episode of the new year. And move Zig.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/01/26/episode-127-bad-dudes-and-zero-wing/

• Like 1

Funny that Jim mentioned the wonky joystick on the sit-down Sinistar at Galloping Ghost. My girlfriend and I took a trip to Chicago last summer and went to the Ghost. After we got there we split up and did our own thing for a little while and after we met back up she told me she'd found a really cool game. She couldn't remember the name of it, but she said it was really hard but also really fun. Then she led me back to the sit-down Sinistar. I hadn't made it to that part of the arcade yet and I was pretty excited since Sinistar is one of my favorite games and I'd never seen the cockpit version in person before. I sat down and started playing and almost immediately I looked at her and said "Something's wrong with this joystick." I mean, yeah, Sinistar's a hard game, but it's not supposed to be that hard. I thought it was pretty cool that not knowing any different she still liked the game, she just thought she wasn't any good at it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Episode 128 is now available.

Our love goes out to those suffering because of the situation in Ukraine, and in fact, our next Patreon payout will be donated to Doctors Without Borders for their team in Ukraine. (And we thank all of you for making this donation possible.) We hope in these dark times we can bring some enjoyment to our listeners.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We at Pie Factory Podcast have been hard at work to bring you a new savory, salty, and potentially sweet episode. So here, for about the 129th time, we present to you…an episode. A pumpful episode. So pump it up! The jam, the volume…if it’s pumpable, you’ll like this one!

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/03/28/episode-129-mr-driller-and-dig-dug-ii/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you're the kind of person who likes stuff, well…you're in the right place because episode 130 is certainly stuff! This time we stray from our usual format to talk about everybody's favorite diagonally-scrolling platform shoot-'em-up, the long lost sequel to Dragon Ball Z: a little Atari game called Pong! Nobody will be seated during the last ten minutes of the episode.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/04/30/episode-130-pong/

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dauber said:

If you're the kind of person who likes stuff, well…you're in the right place because episode 130 is certainly stuff! This time we stray from our usual format to talk about everybody's favorite diagonally-scrolling platform shoot-'em-up, the long lost sequel to Dragon Ball Z: a little Atari game called Pong! Nobody will be seated during the last ten minutes of the episode.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/04/30/episode-130-pong/

Thanks for the episode guys.  Joe Decuir programmed Video Olympics for the 2600.  It was one of the launch titles (numbered carts #21) and he signed my numbered cart at PRGE 2019.

Edladdin provided an update concerning the 5200 controller in this thread.

I really need to pick up Dead Tomb for my CollectorVision Phoenix. I recently purchased his Super Combo CV controller and it’s grrreat!

D3A1A05F-631F-4BBF-8C45-86692EF528D0.jpeg

29776147-1558-4C8B-AA73-DE8D5CEEDF62.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

School's in, kids! It's time for Sean and Jim to school you on a couple of games from the early-ish '80s with episode 131. That is, old-school games. Games that you may have played after school. The only thing more appealing than this episode would be a school of fish. School.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/07/31/episode-131-snake-pit-and-wacko/

• Like 4

On 7/31/2022 at 12:57 PM, Dauber said:

School's in, kids! It's time for Sean and Jim to school you on a couple of games from the early-ish '80s with episode 131. That is, old-school games. Games that you may have played after school. The only thing more appealing than this episode would be a school of fish. School.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/07/31/episode-131-snake-pit-and-wacko/

I just downloaded this episode and am very anxious to hear it! It will be playing in just another moment or so, yay!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loved Episode 131 @Dauber and @Inky! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was the only person to submit feedback for the episode. So, I'm working on feedback for Episode 132, featuring Amidar and Loco-Motion. Thanks again for all you do guys. Thanks too for all of you great AtariAge members. It's really a blast to be able to converse with you about games and the like. ;-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

had to share this weird one.

The PFP hosts must have been somewhere on the brain last night, as I dreamt that they were meeting with the Who for a discussion, and kindly allowing me to sit in the room and listen.

They weren't interviewing the Who about the Who; all six guys were discussing the two upcoming games, like normal. The band members were simply the current guests.

I don't remember what anyone thought of the two games, but the Who comprised the original four, looking as they did around the time of Quadrophenia.

• Like 2

OMG, if only they could come up with a way to convert dreams into reality...

Some years ago I had a dream that my wife and I were at a small venue for a concert, and before the show, Keith Moon was walking around. As if he never died and aged very gracefully over the decades. He was wearing very drab cotton shorts and an equally drab button-down shirt. Appeared to be part of the performance we were seeing but hadn't changed into his stagewear yet.

For whatever reason, my iPhone was on the cocktail table. Keith walked by and stopped at our table. He said, in his Bellboy voice, "WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE A TRICK?" We said sure. And he pulled out a sledgehammer out of hammerspace, lifted it over his head, and hammered it down onto the table -- but I removed my phone JUST in time so it wouldn't be smashed to bits. Keith got pissed. "BLOODY HELL! WHAT'DJA DO THAT FOR?!?! PUT THAT BACK!!" I said, "No!" "Come on, man, put it back!" "Keith? NO....NO." (as if i were scolding a dog) And he stormed away grumbling.

• Like 1

The interesting thing about your dream, as opposed to mine, is that given what we know about Moon, it could have actually happened.

But then, who says the Who can't discuss video games with you and Inky? The band evidently dig Space Duel, even if they find it hard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New month, new meteorological season, new episode: Loco Motion and Amidar.

Look, we don't care that arcadehistory(dot)com and Wikipedia put a hyphen between "Loco" and "Motion." You know why? 'Cuz on the marquee there is no hyphen. So we're not putting one there. Don't believe us? Look it up! See?…SEE?!?!!?!?

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/09/01/episode-132-loco-motion-and-amidar/

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/10/18/episode-133-s-t-u-n-runner-and-hard-drivin/

Jimmy G and Sean introduce a spoooooooky new episode during this spooooooktacular season!! Mwahahaahaahahahaa!!! In this haunting installment they discuss a couple of scaaaaaaaaary spooky games (that is, if you find racing games spooky).

• Like 4

@Dauber and @Inky, Episode 133 was another great one! However, I'm really looking forward to Episode 134, as we'll talk about Arkanoid, one of my all time favorites (it's a go-to for my son and me on our Famicom)! I'll have to look into the other game you mentioned. Also, the Marmite taste great! Better on bread with butter that ends up in my belly than on poorly parked cars. ;)  Finally, I just signed up to help you on Patreon. Thanks for all of the great work you guys do. Talk with you soon.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A new dawn brings a new day. A new day brings a new episode of Pie Factory Podcast (sometimes). In Episode 134, Jim and Sean discuss an obscure Pac-Man clone and a side-scrolling shoot-’em-up in which you defend the planet against mutant spiders. We hope you enjoy this deep, thoughtful discussion. (Please note: Pie Factory Podcast does not guarantee 100% accuracy in episode descriptions.)

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2022/12/09/episode-134-port-man-and-arkanoid/

• Like 3