IGNORED

OFFICIAL - D2K Arcade Special Edition Release Information

...the reactions should hopefully let the people who made that price think about such actions in the future.

The people who made that price should be thinking about such actions NOW. If I were Soulbuster, I would realize my mistake in the high price, and immediately lower the price for those who haven't ordered yet, and issue partial refunds for those who have.

That's what I would do. But remember... I'm the bad guy here, as always.

• Like 1

I'm a completist (mostly) and decided to pass on this. I suppose there's a price I'd buy at, but I'm content waiting for the inevitable $10-20 ROM sale. This wouldn't be a terrible deal for someone who originally missed out on D2K. Pricey, but not terrible considering current options for DK-esque-alia-brew.

• Like 2

The people who made that price should be thinking about such actions NOW. If I were Soulbuster, I would realize my mistake in the high price, and immediately lower the price for those who haven't ordered yet, and issue partial refunds for those who have.

That's what I would do. But remember... I'm the bad guy here, as always.

You're perfectly free, right now, to give every buyer the difference between the asking price and what you consider is reasonable. If "that's what you would do", then why not put your money where your mouth is and hand it over.

Because that's literally what you're asking Soulbuster/Carl to do here: hand out several thousand dollars to their customers.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is release is to some degree gouging via capitalizing on people's completionist desires, but there's no reason to play the persecuted victim here. I just won't buy it. Life goes on.

• Like 4

D2K Arcade SE is commissioned by 'Homebrew, Inc.' and Carl is being paid well.

The Newly Designed Artwork (designer was paid) for the stickers and manuals for all variations can be viewed at NaberHood.com.

An open invitation to participate in pre-purchase would have generated a larger response than I wanted at the time, so people were asked individually, when I had enough to fund the project, I stopped asking.

The original D2K Arcade is still in demand. I get asked often if I have any copies left. A used one just sold on eBay for $80+. New copies are still selling for over $100 eBay.

D2K SE is a limited edition game with an all new mode. Those who have been asking for the original have been notified and I have received a positive response. I understand that there are those here that already have D2K and DK and do not see a need to buy this.

Here are the features, some mentioned before some not:

Voice defaults to ON

2 Modes - Jumpman Returns mode and Intellivision D2K mode

High score saves on the cartridge - cleared by holding down the clear key while turning on until the main menu

Jumpman Returns mode includes 2 new levels.

It includes new custom climbing and How high can you get? screens

The box has Special Edition stickers added

There is a newly printed manual

The cartridge sticker is new

I think it will be an awesome special edition release! I am in! Thanks to all involved!

• Like 1

If you really have to worry about 30$ you should look for a better hobby :lol: 70 would be the normal price, 70 would be okay. I think the 30$ addition isnt really a question of money, its more a matter of principle. If you happily pay 100 (again, for the cheapest budget version which not even contain new overlays) here, why should future releases cost much less? 220 isnt very limited, so even if its announced to be limited its in fact a small, but not ultra rare printing run.

• Like 1

Well, for the first time in my Intellivision "post-125" completist lifestyle, I am going to pass on this one.

Just thought I'd make a formal declaration, which nobody cares about anyway.

For those purchasing, all the power to you.

Queen: Another one bites the dust

Well, for the first time in my Intellivision "post-125" completist lifestyle, I am going to pass on this one.

Just thought I'd make a formal declaration, which nobody cares about anyway.

For those purchasing, all the power to you.

Im sure a new Jumpman game will come around sooner or later. These things tend to happen.

My decision not to purchase this game is not based on principle, I might add. It's based purely on cost. Not only the high cost of this particular game, but high costs of homebrew games in general, especially considering there are so damn many of them, being released way too quickly.

Thanks a lot, game producers, for driving another completist collection into an unwanted end.

You know, if the increased cost and pace of games would affect more people financially, then maybe there would be no buyers left, and maybe those game producers would knock it the hell off.

But, I almost forgot that I am dealing with a forum of people who seem to have unlimited amounts of money, and where money is not an issue, in general. So boycotting future games based on too-high cost and too-fast pace will never happen.

I'm begging anyone here, who can send me a seed packet in the mail, containing a money tree for which you all seem to have, to please send me one, so that I can plant it and become as rich as all of you.

Edited by Eric7100
  • Like 1

Eric, I'm sorry that you are not able keep up with the supply of games as your income may dictate. The passion of the Intellivision has really taken off in recent years. Who could have known it could have become this much? It is not our intent to drive anyone out. We still love you, man.

• Like 1

I'm glad I broke free of all OCD collecting, whatever it may be, years and years ago.

One individual cannot control a market like classic gaming. And game producers are not responsible for making or breaking a completist collection.

But, I almost forgot that I am dealing with a forum of people who seem to have unlimited amounts of money, and where money is not an issue, in general. So boycotting future games based on too-high cost and too-fast pace will never happen.

Yes, you may be dealing with a forum of people who seem to have unlimited amounts of money. And it is important to understand that there isn't much you'll be able to do about it.

While the wife is into classic cars and supercars, it does not upset her to not get a Chiron or F40. She is not angry or sour on the people that make the ultra exotics or the people that buy them. Rather the opposite - which leads to opportunities to experience them first hand!

Totally different class of interest, but same concept.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

This does seem a bit like a money grab.

But it is also seems easy for most people to pass on.

I feel bad for those that MUST have ever thing that is released. Not only do you need to shell out the $150 for the Special Special Edition, but you need to drop another $100 for the Special Edition.

Seems like a Great business model to me, if alienating people is the goal...

Maybe some good will could be had by offering a discounted rom to those that have purchased the original version?

I have always tried to support Carl and everyone else in the community to the best of my abilities. Yes, I have the Carts and the Roms for the DK's.

But I cannot justify another cart. I can't even fathom spending over $10 for the Rom. It is at best a $5 dollar upgrade. (IMHO)

That being said, I know Carl customizes each rom.....For his protection, but that takes a little effort, so, I guess $7.50 for an upgrade rom would seem reasonable to me.

$15-$20 for a new purchaser is understandable.

On the other hand.... If you want to make an exit and don't want anyone begging you to come back..... BURN ALL THE BRIDGES on the way out!

I just hope the collateral damages is to high!

• Like 2