IGNORED

OFFICIAL - D2K Arcade Special Edition Release Information

Still waiting for mine to arrive. What happen did Canada Post delivery all those Canadian orders of D2K SE to C-Mart.. They must be used to packages with intellivision on it going to his place. they don't even look at the addresses anymore.... lol

Lol! Yah it's weird, it seems all Inty related items entering Canada do end up on my doorstep. I usually check to see if it's anything I want and if not I ensure that it gets to its intended destination. :)

• Like 1

Honestly people here that get mad abotul d2k se must not play newer systems. Street fighter iv is a good example of "we added 4 new characters, heres another $60 game for you to buy" "oh btw we added another 4 new characters, heres another $60 game for you to buy".....

Either that or we've noticed major publishers doing that for years, complained about it, but are resigned to big corporations behaving like asshats.

The reason it's pointed out here is that we're supposed to be better than that. Don't get me wrong - as a game developer, if you'd like me to go EA on your ass and make a killing for very little work, I'd be more than happy :D

• Like 1

Either that or we've noticed major publishers doing that for years, complained about it, but are resigned to big corporations behaving like asshats.

The reason it's pointed out here is that we're supposed to be better than that. Don't get me wrong - as a game developer, if you'd like me to go EA on your ass and make a killing for very little work, I'd be more than happy :D

pimpmaul69, on 16 May 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:snapback.png

"Honestly people here that get mad abotul d2k se must not play newer systems. Street fighter iv is a good example of "we added 4 new characters, heres another $60 game for you to buy" "oh btw we added another 4 new characters, heres another $60 game for you to buy"….."

…but there's a difference between $60 and $100. $40 to be exact. ;)

• Like 1

pimpmaul69, on 16 May 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:snapback.png

"Honestly people here that get mad abotul d2k se must not play newer systems. Street fighter iv is a good example of "we added 4 new characters, heres another $60 game for you to buy" "oh btw we added another 4 new characters, heres another $60 game for you to buy"….."

…but there's a difference between $60 and $100. $40 to be exact. ;)

There have been collectors editions and various other editions of each version of SFIV. The Coll. Ed. retailed for $80.

Something else to keep in mind is that not only is the quality and production values of the game in D2K SE much higher than the standard at the time Intellivision was current, but 2 different screens was considered good enough and many similar arcade style games back then only had a single screen of repeating gameplay.

The big difference with SFIV is that not only is the cost per unit much lower for Capcom, they publish more copies of each version than everyone needs. So you can find previous versions everywhere at clearance prices. The DK/D2K games have always been sought after as there aren't enough to go around, so copies are rarely found on the secondary market and when they do come up, they demand a premium as high as $100.

If people are already lining up to pay flippers $100 for D2K, I'd rather see a the optional SE version be made just for Carl to receive a little more revenue for what was already grossly underpaid work.

Completionists can just choose not to count the SE as a unique game.

• Like 2

If people are already lining up to pay flippers $100 for D2K, I'd rather see a the optional SE version be made just for Carl to receive a little more revenue for what was already grossly underpaid work.

I'm much more comfortable with this price point if the intent is specifically to help Carl out -- a fine idea if so.

(That would, to be candid, help to justify the $100 asking price for a game that reuses an existing engine, graphic assets, and even leftover physical materials from a previous release -- in other words, where the increased price seems to bear no relation to the cost of production, unless I'm missing something.)

I'm much more comfortable with this price point if the intent is specifically to help Carl out -- a fine idea if so.

(That would, to be candid, help to justify the $100 asking price for a game that reuses an existing engine, graphic assets, and even leftover physical materials from a previous release -- in other words, where the increased price seems to bear no relation to the cost of production, unless I'm missing something.)

to help carl out i would pay a premium price for a rom. Being disabled myself with a nerve and muscle disorder and many other issues i know how bad it is to have trouble using your hands. My whole career was based around using my hands fixing electronics. I have carpel tunnel syndrome in my right hand. If he has anything like that in both hands while typing i feel for the guy. Towards the end of my career I had to work with both my hands in braces and that is hard to do.
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to update the people who are getting posters for D2K Arcade Special Edition.

I've recently started a new job and after 'work', I have to do labour at a new property the wife bought. As a result, I've been procrastinating building the boxes to ship the posters. I'll be getting to that this weekend and will try hard to get them all in the post by the end of the week.

Sorry for the delay. I've got to put them on priority.