IGNORED

OFFICIAL - D2K Arcade Special Edition Release Information

Anyone want to post a pic of that sweet poster?

I was tasked with printing these and they've been printed. Thirty exist.

I've been very busy with work and have not had a time this week to figure out how I'm going to get them safely to people in one piece. They will be shipped from Thailand.

I'll be getting to it very soon.

Sorry for the delay.

post-31813-0-21747000-1463280892_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting a pic. I already own DK Intelligentvision, DK Arcade, and D2K, so I struggled justifying this purchase. That said, I'm slightly sad I don't have this poster or the new overlays. I'll manage, though :P

Regarding shipping....tubes.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Thanks for posting a pic. I already own DK Intelligentvision, DK Arcade, and D2K, so I struggled justifying this purchase. That said, I'm slightly sad I don't have this poster or the new overlays. I'll manage, though :P

Regarding shipping....tubes.

Tubes are 'obvious' but sourcing them here is another matter.

Thanks, I do appreciate it. There are 'Mail Boxes Etc.' in Thailand but only in big places like Chiang Mai and Bangkok. I'm in a little village called Dok Kham Tai in Phayao. The 'big' town 20 Km away, Phayao, just got a movie theatre last month. The first Pizza place 2 years ago, and there is no McDonald's, Burger King, or any other western restaurant except for KFC.

There are no such things as stationary stores in my town. The post office supplies shipping materials and they don't have tubes. I'll probably end up building a small square box out of thick cardboard and taping the crap out of them.

Black_Tiger, on 08 May 2016 - 4:45 PM, said:

From what understand, the arcade hack of Jumpman Returns has 8 different stages and D2K Arcade already had 9 different stages.

Does the Jumpman Returns mode of D2K SE features 11 different stages, or is it limited to 8 different stages, in order to be more authentic to the arcade hack?

The D2K SE manual says that there are 10 stages total, between 2 adventures. Does not leave me optimistic that Jumpman Returns contains them all. :/

Carl's D2K Arcade (first version) has two games for a total of nine unique screens but how many screens does only the D2K variation have? Does it have the original elevator screen or the pie factory screen? So when the original DK arcade gets replaced with a second D2K variation in D2K SE it likely loses one of the original screens; probably the original elevators screen just like Jeff Kulczycki's D2K rom hack (note Jeff replaces the original elevator screen with triple elevators but doesn't list that on his web site). So I expect D2K SE has the eight screens of Jeff's D2K plus the two different screens in Carl's first D2K version (twisted girders and the eliminator) for a total of 10 different screens between two game variations. We haven't seen a screenshot or a description of Jeff's the Incinerator screen in D2K SE but I expect it to be there.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Black_Tiger, on 08 May 2016 - 4:45 PM, said:

From what understand, the arcade hack of Jumpman Returns has 8 different stages and D2K Arcade already had 9 different stages.

Does the Jumpman Returns mode of D2K SE features 11 different stages, or is it limited to 8 different stages, in order to be more authentic to the arcade hack?

Carl's D2K Arcade (first version) has two games for a total of nine unique screens but how many screens does only the D2K variation have? Does it have the original elevator screen or the pie factory screen? So when the original DK arcade gets replaced with a second D2K variation in D2K SE it likely loses one of the original screens; probably the original elevators screen just like Jeff Kulczycki's D2K rom hack (note Jeff replaces the original elevator screen with triple elevators but doesn't list that on his web site). So I expect D2K SE has the eight screens of Jeff's D2K plus the two different screens in Carl's first D2K version (twisted girders and the eliminator) for a total of 10 different screens between two game variations. We haven't seen a screenshot or a description of Jeff's the Incinerator screen in D2K SE but I expect it to be there.

I think people are confusing the 'eliminator' as a screen from D2K Arcade.

There are 4 unique Jumpman Returns screens and the Special Edition includes them all.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision

I think people are confusing the 'eliminator' as a screen from D2K Arcade.

There are 4 unique Jumpman Returns screens and the Special Edition includes them all.

Wait, I'm even more confused now. I thought there were only two "new" screens in the D2K SE that were not there in the other versions, and that the rest is how they are organized sequentially.

Perhaps someone should draw a diagram to illustrate this better. :o

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

Can someone with Elektronite confirm the final D2K Arcade Special Edition gameplay screens?

DK ARCADE by Elektronite included these screens:

1. Barrels (DK)
  2. Pie Factory (DK)
  3. Elevators (DK)
  4. Rivets (DK)

D2K ARCADE by Elektronite included these screens:

1. Barrels (DK)
  2. Pie Factory (DK)
  3. Elevators (DK)
  4. Rivets (DK)

1. Twisted Girders (CARL) *not on Jeff's D2K
  2. The Mixer (D2K)
  3. The Refinery (D2K)
  4. Triple Elevator (D2K)
  5. The Eliminator (CARL) *not on Jeff's D2K

D2K ARCADE Special Edition screens:

????????????????

????????????????

Jeff's romhack D2K:

1. foundry (D2K) *not on either Elektronite DK Arcade or D2K Arcade release
  2. barrels (DK)
  3. refinery (D2K)
  4. pie factory (DK)
  5. incinerator (D2K)
  6. triple elevators (D2K)
  7. mixer (D2K)
  8. rivets (DK)

Carl's D2K:

twisted girders > mixer > barrels > refinery > triple elevators > rivets >> eliminator

Jeff's D2K:

foundry > barrels > refinery > pie factory > incinerator > triple elevators > mixer > rivets

edit:

I can see why Carl might have left out the foundry in his first version. It's a pita to play in Jeff's version.

Edited by mr_me

Carl's D2K:

twisted girders > mixer > barrels > refinery > triple elevators > rivets >> eliminator

Jeff's D2K:

foundry > barrels > refinery > pie factory > incinerator > triple elevators > mixer > rivets

edit:

I can see why Carl might have left out the foundry in his first version. It's a pita to play in Jeff's version.

I'm more interested in the differences between DK Arcade, D2K Arcade, and D2K SE. I don't care what Jeff included in his arcade ROM hack.

-dZ.

I'm more interested in the differences between DK Arcade, D2K Arcade, and D2K SE. I don't care what Jeff included in his arcade ROM hack.

-dZ.

My apologies. Post #1 says "They are the same screens as the unofficial arcade game". I thought that meant Jeff Kulczycki's version, but I could be wrong.

DK Arcade:

barrels > rivets >> elevators >> pie factory

DK Arcade Japanese mode:

barrels > pie factory > elevators > rivets

Can someone with Elektronite confirm the final D2K Arcade Special Edition gameplay screens?

1. Barrels (DK)
  2. Pie Factory (DK)
  3. Elevators (DK)
  4. Rivets (DK)

1. Barrels (DK)
  2. Pie Factory (DK)
  3. Elevators (DK)
  4. Rivets (DK)

2. The Mixer (D2K)
  3. The Refinery (D2K)
  4. Triple Elevator (D2K)
  5. The Eliminator (CARL) *not on Jeff's D2K

D2K ARCADE Special Edition screens:

????????????????

????????????????

Jeff's romhack D2K:

1. foundry (D2K) *not on either Elektronite DK Arcade or D2K Arcade release
  2. barrels (DK)
  3. refinery (D2K)
  4. pie factory (DK)
  5. incinerator (D2K)
  6. triple elevators (D2K)
  7. mixer (D2K)
  8. rivets (DK)

Foundry is on D2K SE, according to GFYI screenshots, that would be one of the two new screens. You're right we should wait for official information before assuming what the second new screen is and what the names are. I thought your post #162 was blank at first, but it doesn't have an edit stamp. How did you do that?

edit:

also keep in mind that D2K Arcade has two game variations (DK Arcade and Carl's D2K Arcade). Since the DK Arcade variation is not part of D2K SE that would mean that the original "elevators" screen is not there but that "twisted girders" and "the eliminator" are.

Edited by mr_me

Foundry is on D2K SE, according to GFYI screenshots, that would be one of the two new screens. You're right we should wait for official information before assuming what the second new screen is and what the names are. I thought your post #162 was blank at first, but it doesn't have an edit stamp. How did you do that?

Ok. So Foundry can be added to the list.

Idk about the edit thing...

SOmeone got their Special Edition. They confirmed the levels. D2K Arcade Special Edition does have 2 new gameplay levels:

Foundry and Incinerator

1. Barrels (DK)
  2. Pie Factory (DK)
  3. Elevators (DK)
  4. Rivets (DK)

1. Barrels (DK)
  2. Pie Factory (DK)
  3. Elevators (DK)
  4. Rivets (DK)