IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

On 5/5/2023 at 8:50 PM, Yakumo1975 said:

Micro Machines on this week's Battle of the Ports

Another good episode.  Hard to believe Micro Machines were an absolutely huge toy line once upon a time.  Definitely the minature / toy car racing game type has been done a lot better since.  Still, some of these earlier games hold up relatively well I think.

• Like 1

You could almost say that Battle Arena Toshinden 2: Ultimate Revenge Attack is what the Saturn version of the original should have been.

Trivia time: Central Park Media got the rights to dub the Toshinden OVAs--which were based off of Toshinden 2, I might add--and had cast Apollo Smile (Space Channel 5), Ted Lewis (Hyperspeed Grandoll and Kirby: Right Back at Ya!), and Lisa Ortiz (The Slayers) among others.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:16 PM, Yakumo1975 said:

Before Tekken had you controlling different limbs with buttons, there was Crazy Climber!

Just to be pedantic, Atari didn't do the 2600 port of Crazy Climber in house.  It was actually on of the first games to be done for Atari by a third party (Roklan in this case).  @Dutchman2000 would kill me if I didn't make that correction. :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tempest said:

Just to be pedantic, Atari didn't do the 2600 port of Crazy Climber in house.  It was actually on of the first games to be done for Atari by a third party (Roklan in this case).  @Dutchman2000 would kill me if I didn't make that correction. :)

Correct!  Crazy Climber was programmed at Roklan Corporation.  It was started by Alex Leavens and completed by Joe Gaucher!

On 6/17/2023 at 11:03 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

A game that used a page 3 girl in the ads! (for those who are not British, a page 3 girl is a topless model on page 3 of a newspaper)

Good video as always.  Was fun to take a look at all of the different versions.  Though, with this game, I feel there is a lot more sizzle than steak.  Still, it has its place that's for sure.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 1:31 AM, Hwlngmad said:

Good video as always.  Was fun to take a look at all of the different versions.  Though, with this game, I feel there is a lot more sizzle than steak.  Still, it has its place that's for sure.

Oh, for sure.  I'm doing ing the second game now which does have a little more substance but it is still rather basic in terms on gameplay. 

• Like 2