IGNORED

The 7800GD (New 7800 Flash Cartridge?)

SainT

Do you really want one?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying a 7800 SD cart (expected price around £60-£70)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Guitari said:

Oh!! I thought I would be notified by Retro Towers. 

I'm sure Saint will produce more. 

Retro Towers hasn't sold any yet, they will be getting stock imminently, so expect notifications soon.

But yes, more will follow, and in much greater numbers. I always do a soft-start to make sure there are no hidden problem.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Congrats on the quick sell-through. Hope Stone Age Gamer gets some stock next week. 

Thanks! :) And, yes, AtariAge and StoneAgeGamer will follow with stock next week.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, SainT said:

And sold through within a few hours! It was nice to see everyone took advantage of the Mega7800 as well, all of those sold out too. :)

I had the chance to buy one today at 6am eastern time in the USA but opted to wait for when stone age gamer gets them. Hope it's soon. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KrunchyTC said:

Waiting very impatiently for US retailers to get stock!

Just want to say, SainT, I appreciate the love you have given to Atari when no one else would!

I’ve always been an Atari fan since the ST days, so it’s nice to have been able to produce something useful to go along with the hardware! It’s a niche enough market that bigger players wouldn’t be interested, but big enough for a little guy like myself. 🙂

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

Yeah.  Almost pulled the trigger on the UK store but the exchange rate and shipping was too painful.

Hang tight, they will be arriving in the US next week. Shipping and exchange rates are generally not great going fro the UK to US. It’s not *quite* as bad going the other way. Although we do get stung for import duty and postage always seems to be steep from the US.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SainT said:

Hang tight, they will be arriving in the US next week. Shipping and exchange rates are generally not great going fro the UK to US. It’s not *quite* as bad going the other way. Although we do get stung for import duty and postage always seems to be steep from the US.

👍

Quoted the wrong reply, now nothing I can do lol but you get what I mean 😂

Edited by KrunchyTC
  • Like 1

Screenshot_20230718-225707.thumb.png.dc6d414259fab5392c32155ad82d6573.pngSo it arrived today and I only had some minor play time with it.

First impressions are great... The build quality is fantastic and there were no issues with putting Trevor's 7800 Pro Pack on to an SD card.

However, I had some problems with certain homebrew/indie games on PAL mode. I have a PAL console and I was getting a lot of screen interference when playing Crystal Quest. It played fine the first time but after a reset it wouldn't work properly.

A couple of other PAL homebrews did the same but not all. Any ideas @SainT?

I'll try to upload photos tomorrow as it's very late now.

Edited by CommodoreCEO
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CommodoreCEO said:

Screenshot_20230718-225707.thumb.png.dc6d414259fab5392c32155ad82d6573.pngSo it arrived today and I only had some minor play time with it.

However, I had some problems with certain homebrew/indie games on PAL mode. I have a PAL console and I was getting a lot of screen interference when playing Crystal Quest. It played fine the first time but after a reset it wouldn't work properly.

Just point me at any games which you have an issue with! :)

Be aware, if you get screen glitching, try running the game with break disabled. Press right trigger / B when launching the game and change BREAK to DISABLED and then hit START.

There are quite a few known issues caused by break (being able to hit START to return to the game menu, enable cheats, etc), I generally flag issues with a warning box when the game loads, but this one may not currently be flagged.

Edit: While the above is true, I've just checked and Bently Bear's Crystal Quest is NTSC? NTSC games are definitely not expected to work on PAL. By a quick search there appear to be separate PAL and NTSC ROM's, although all I have is what is in the Trebor pack.

There is a big warning which comes up when you run an NTSC game telling you that it is the wrong region. When this box comes up it does mean that the game is highly likely to fail -- I have added a multi-region flag to the header to be able to mark multi-region games, but I've not gone through the whole set to flag which are multi-region.

In general -- if you get a region warning, don't expect the game to run.

I've made a sticky covering the why's and the whats of this -- 

Final Edit: I've just grabbed the latest Trebor pack and I see there are now NTSC and PAL versions of Bently Bear. Previously there was just NTSC here, so I've not run the PAL version before! I have tried running both ROM's multiple times on a PAL system and, as expected, the NTSC version does exhibit a very screwed up flickering screen. The PAL versions works as expected. The only explanation I have for the above working / not working is that the wrong region ROM was run the 2nd time.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 2