IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

8 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

I have most of the Tiny Arcade series from Super Impulse. It looks like they're no longer selling most of the titles now... :( 

almost-full-shelf.jpg

When they're all switched on and running in demo mode it's quite the arcade-like cacophony! :D  Unfortunately, they only stay on about a minute or so to preserve batteries.

Very cool!

Btw, I really like your Complete Peanuts collection. It looks “complete”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of the very first Atari 2600 homebrew made by the host of ZPH! James has been working on the game for the last month and is ready to reveal this early WIP of his brand new port!

Oooh - middle of the workday so I won't be chatting much, but this is ladder-monitor worthy!

IMG_4475.thumb.jpeg.4dc8243a05dd0ca43142a210ab3680b9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Bomberman94 said:

Aargh - you have the same phone as me at my workplace 😧

I work from home, think I've had that IP phone since 2008. My treadmill desk doesn't have room for a 3rd monitor, so on special occasions I'll setup the ladder-monitor so I can keep up with something during the workday.

Historic SpaceX launch:

IMG_0963D.jpg.d69dbab11930f9499004d85927

Stella-thon

IMG_1793.jpg.37eb6f057e105874ec502c706fd

• Like 3

I was unable to watch today’s livestream, but just took a brief look at the replay. Congrats on your game James! Very cool choice and it’s looking great. This will make an excellent Atari Party game.
Look forward to playing it.🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ZeroPage Homebrew I just watched the latest ZPH recording and that Pac-Line game looks really good for your first game, James! I would be interested in a special episode of ZPH where you dive into the technical details, e.g. using Stella with debug colors to show which objects you used, etc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 3:34 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Congrats on your game James! Very cool choice and it’s looking great. This will make an excellent Atari Party game.

Thank you so much Steve! I also think it's very easy to pick up and play with a big fun factor!

On 3/29/2024 at 4:24 PM, mksmith said:

Congrats James! I saw this a little while ago and thought it would make a great 2600 port!  It's a fun game - well done mate 😁

Thank you so much Matt! You can't believe how worried I was that someone else was going to post a 2600 version of the game in the middle of my development!

4 hours ago, Dionoid said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew I just watched the latest ZPH recording and that Pac-Line game looks really good for your first game, James! I would be interested in a special episode of ZPH where you dive into the technical details, e.g. using Stella with debug colors to show which objects you used, etc

Thank you so much Dion! That would make for a really fun thing to include in one of the streams. I'll probably do that once I'm finished with all the things I want to include in the game. Great idea!

- James

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you so much Matt! You can't believe how worried I was that someone else was going to post a 2600 version of the game in the middle of my development!

Definitely! I was sure someone would look at it as the mechanics of the game really stack up. Looking forward to seeing the final release! 

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew has the Exclusive World Premiere of Impossible Mission on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

• Like 1

Thank you for playing my game. I enjoyed the whole stream and was so lucky to guess the R letter.

I can't believe you found the bug with the platforms, I had no time to fix it and I thought it was unlikely to happen 😅.

Please tell me what do you think I should change or improve. The game will never be exactly like the C64 version, but I think some things can be done a little better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nop90 said:

Thank you for playing my game. I enjoyed the whole stream and was so lucky to guess the R letter.

You're so welcome Gisberto and congratulations on winning the ZPH coaster!

I can't believe you found the bug with the platforms, I had no time to fix it and I thought it was unlikely to happen 😅.

A very minor bug in the scheme of things! We tend to find bugs once in a while on the show when playing the games and it seems helpful to the devs so we're always happy to help!

Please tell me what do you think I should change or improve. The game will never be exactly like the C64 version, but I think some things can be done a little better.

You've definitely captured the spirit of the amazing C64 version and I'm extremely happy with the look, sound and feel of the gameplay on the Lynx! Here's some suggestions/bugs we found:

1) I'm not sure if you watched all the way to the end but I think we found a bug with the countdown timer at the end of the last game we played. While we were piecing the puzzle together the timer went past the 6hr mark but allowed us to keep playing. When we exited the computer we weren't able to get back into the computer again and only triggered the end of the game when Tanya tried to enter a room from the elevator shaft area.

2) Depending on how much room you have left to implement this and how easy it is, you could give the option of an alternate Lynx colour palette in addition to the traditional (and limited) C64 palette.

3) This is a personal request but if you could make the B button and alternate way to get to the computer in the game, my consolized Lynx only has the A & B buttons mapped to the external controller.

Tanya and I really couldn't find other weirdness or bugs you don't already know about in the game compared to the C64 version, you've done such an incredible job! Very looking forward to trying to beat the game when we play it again after the final updates!

- James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ZeroPage Homebrew has an Exclusive Update to Pac-Line 2600 on TONIGHT'S ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us! The updated binary will be released right after the stream!

Games:

20240409-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.3233fe0e0dba519b1540680339cec958.jpg

• Like 5

CHAMP GAMES TUTANKHAM ARCADE (2600) WORLD PREMIERE

PLUS INTERVIEW WITH DEV JOHN CHAMPEAU!

20240412-TutankhamArcade2600.thumb.jpg.3004cf683ec0afbd085454a1e36a35c2.jpg

Fri Apr 12, 2024 | LIVE @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 7PM GMT
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

ZeroPage Homebrew has the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of Champ Games newest arcade port of the classic Tutankham Arcade tomorrow! The magical team of John Champeau and Nathan Strum return once again to make the impossible possible with this high action and challenging maze shoot 'em up from 1982 for your Atari 2600!

ALSO, we will have John Champeau chatting with us LIVE to introduce this incredible twin stick game! You definitely don't want to miss this LIVE stream, see you in the Twitch chat!

Games:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

Thanks James!  One small correction; the full title of the game is "Tutankham Arcade" to distinguish it from the 1982 Parker Bros. release. :) 

tut_arcade_2.thumb.png.0ffb6bd4575420a9728d51b27dc8a73e.png

That's a beautiful title screen!!  :D

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive Final Binary of Impossible Mission on TONIGHT's AFTER DARK ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

20240420-LetsPlay-AfterDark.thumb.jpg.a52fd80e5ca9d3b1afba0b1eb1609a3b.jpg