IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

On 10/13/2023 at 12:08 PM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Spontaneous! 

Combustion!

Just posted the compiled full ZPH live broadcast from PRGE 2023 to YouTube! We'll also be doing an After Dark broadcast tonight to go over all the purchases and stories from the event!

- James

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

DOOM: SLAYER EDITION

20231019-DoomSlayerEditionPromo.thumb.jpg.3477fb53a6f22f50cce999e6b497608d.jpg

ZeroPage Homebrew has the WORLD PREMIERE of Doom: Slayer Edition for the Atari Jaguar on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch. This completely revamped version of this historic game now boasts: In Game Music, Pro-Controller Support, Cheat Menu, JWad Support and much, much more! The Slayer Edition developers will be in the chat to answer your questions about this momentous update to one of the most influential games of all time! Tune in to watch the LIVE reveal!

Games:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CrazyChris said:

James, where can I find your giant spreadsheet?

You might be thinking of @Arenafoot's list of games. It unfortunately hasn't been updated in about a year but you can find all the 2600 homebrew released in 2022 and 2023 on the lists I maintain on the AtariAge forums.

- James

👻 HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 👻

ZeroPage Homebrew is putting on our costumes and celebrating Halloween by playing the Exclusive Final Version of Tober's Nightmare and the Exclusive World Premiere of Geist on tomorrow's ZPH Halloween Homebrew Special stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us! Please note the special start time!

Games:

20231031-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.667dea74b9b7a09830a8e89d13ecc38a.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished a four hour stream playing Mr. Run and Jump (2600) that you can watch below. Here are my thoughts:

PROS:

- An incredibly challenging platformer. It took me just under four hours to finish the game and the levels got exponentially harder!

- Good ramp up of difficulty, the first level is fairly easy so it lulled me into a false sense of comfort. From there is just got harder until the last level which was near torturous! (in a good way)

- Clever level design that will test even the best of players.

CONS:

- No flicker management was used in the game so every enemy shares the 2nd player character. If there are 5 enemies/dangers/ladders on the screen, they're all flashing at 12Hz.

- Unstable picture between screens. If you're playing this cart on a Atari 2600 (classic hardware) you will probably get screen dropouts on a modern TV. It will probably be fine on a CRT but to play it on a modern screen you will probably need an upscaler like a RetroTINK that will smooth over the picture loss bumps

Overall I would recommend it to fans of platformers as you can overlook the flicker because the gameplay is old school hard. Luckily you get infinite lives with a score countdown to tell you how well you did. The countdown goes to zero at about 3 hours in, so if you can get more than zero points on your first go around I would say you're an expert player.

WARNING: FULL PLAYTHROUGH, EXTREME SPOILERS!

mrrunandjumpending.thumb.jpg.2cd26e9b066d99db5d6b6223d99d531f.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

What does Tanya call the extra treats she gives the cats after the compo?

In the first round she called them 'Consolation treats for Atari' when he didn't win.

8 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

BTW: I neither ordered the R77 nor the 2600+. I got/get them for free. :D 

Lucky! I suppose working on the software that powers these devices comes with its perks. 😉

- James

Happy 30th Birthday Atari Jaguar!

TOMORROW is the 30th Anniversary of the release of the Atari Jaguar and ZeroPage Homebrew is celebrating by playing EVERY SINGLE CLASSIC JAG GAME, IN RELEASE ORDER!

Thu Nov 23, 2023 | LIVE @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT+1Day
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

Just like we did last year with the Atari 2600's 45th anniversary, we're doing it again this year with the Atari Jaguar! We will be playing every single classic game over three days of madness. The North American release date of the Jaguar was Nov 23, 1993 so what better day to celebrate and take a look at every game ever released for the system exactly 30 years later?

Join us LIVE on Twitch tomorrow night!

• Like 1

Wow, thank you so much to everyone who watches and enjoys ZeroPage Homebrew, today we hit a new milestone of 2000 subscribers on YouTube!

It may not seem like much in the grand scheme of things for YouTube, but for a channel about extremely niche subculture I'm so happy with how the community has embraced what we've done with the stream, our focus on Atari homebrew and the success of the Atari Homebrew Awards we host each year.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! Here's to many more years of ZPH!

20231206-2000YouTubeSubs.thumb.jpg.68f756138530c32c9130edd01d25225a.jpg
  • Like 9

ZeroPage Homebrew is UNBOXING Elevator Agent & Turbo Arcade with a LIVE Video Interview with John Champeau from Champ Games on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Like 3

TOMORROW IS ATARIAGE DAY 2023!

22 games from 17 developers that we'll be unboxing and talking to LIVE on the Twitch ZeroPage Homebrew stream! Every new Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar and Lynx release from AtariAge made by some of the most talented developers out there! Get your questions ready and JOIN US LIVE on Twitch for this event!

20231216-AtariAgeDay-Tomrorrow.thumb.jpg.37a516dee9ca2b594e83596431d695ca.jpg

Sun Dec 17, 2023 @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

• Like 2

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE

OF MUDDYVISION'S SECRET NEW 7800 GAME!

7800-SecretNewHomebrewfromMuddyVision.thumb.png.fd0622c401da3ca36931e26e6881af83.png

ZeroPage Homebrew is hosting a Holiday Homebrew Special and we'll be unwrapping MuddyVision's Secret New Game on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

20231219-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.496458a029fff313c477e22017cfa93f.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew I suppose you were referring to Zkeep when you talked about Yoomp! for the 2600, right?

You bet, that's the one. I'm keeping my eyes open for a binary for it since the author hasn't logged into the AA forums for a while.

- James 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Holidays and

Happy New Year AtariAge!

20231231-2023ChristmasCard-altered.thumb.jpg.ac4bffde084dcd7dab0cc435105f33a3.jpg 

Happy Holidays from myself, Tanya, Atari and Sprite! Here's a scan of this year's card and I hope everyone had a great 2023. We're looking forward to what 2024 will bring! Happy New Year everyone!!

To celebrate the end of the year and the beginning of the new one we'll be doing a New Years Eve Countdown to 2024 TONIGHT with a bonus After Dark stream while we play through some fun Atari Homebrew! Get out your party hats and your favourite beverage and tune in, see you there!

Sun Dec 31, 2023 LIVE @ 7:15PM PT | 10:15PM ET | 3:15AM GMT+1Day

• Like 8