IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

23 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

While I'm hoping for more computer titles for Evercade, there's the elephant in the room - keyboards!

I imagine they'll include only games with minimal keyboard input, and use an onscreen keyboard similar to their Intellivision solution.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 1:59 AM, 7800Knight said:

I'm excited to get Impossible Mission.  I never beat that one.  At least this isn't the bugged Atari 7800 port that makes it unwinnable.

In case you are not aware of it, KevinMos3 has made some amazing Graphics Hacks of the "Fixed" version of 7800 Impossible Mission: combo pack here.

For nostalgic people, a 7800 - C64 Homage version is included.

I love TIA sound effects (2600 nostalgia) in 7800 Impossible Mission. And, I also love the new graphics / animation of the robots.

1868873236_7800ImpossibleMission_C64Homageversion.thumb.PNG.2f08029c131e0ab812332e22fc3952e3.PNG

1350241477_7800ImpossibleMission_C64Homageversionb.thumb.PNG.ea04c61f18f98659d4cf780cd0bc9df2.PNG

• Like 3

MSX would be a good fit in terms of gameplay since a lot of games were played with console controllers, but most if not all games would have to be licensed from Konami. Now if they can get arcade games from them at the same time, it could be great, but I doubt it unfortunately.

ZX Spectrum would probably be the easiest in terms of licensing. Almost every game from the C64 cart is from Epyx or Hewson (only Bruce Lee is from Datasoft if I'm not mistaken) for instance.

Digital Eclipse explained there wouldn't be any Atari ST game on the Atari 50 compilation because of licensing, so I doubt that would happen more easily on Evercade. Amstrad would also be a problem for the same reason. The most popular games are probably Gryzor (Contra) and Renegade for example.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, famicommander said:

When and where did they confirm this? I had heard two C64 collections were coming a few weeks back but I haven't seen anything about an Amiga collection.

It was in the press release for the C64 collection. They have a contract with the company that made the C64 mini and A500 mini and owns a lot of the Commodore rights.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

It was in the press release for the C64 collection. They have a contract with the company that made the C64 mini and A500 mini and owns a lot of the Commodore rights.

They didn't actually announce an Amiga Collection, though. It just says they have a partnership with the people who published the A500 Mini:

In a new partnership with the creators of THEC64 Mini and The A500 Mini, Retro Games Ltd, Evercade are delighted to announce a brand new cartridge collection of THEC64 

Of course it won't be shocking if and when an Amiga Collection gets announced. But that hasn't happened yet. They technically haven't even announced the second C64 Collection we know is coming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, famicommander said:

They didn't actually announce an Amiga Collection, though. It just says they have a partnership with the people who published the A500 Mini:

Of course it won't be shocking if and when an Amiga Collection gets announced. But that hasn't happened yet. They technically haven't even announced the second C64 Collection we know is coming.

Somebody on the Facebook group intimated that it has been confirmed to them, but who knows if a

somebody is telling the truth. I would be excited for any of it, or a lot of other stuff too.

Well... I sat down this weekend at the lake and fired up the 2 new carts for the Evercade.  Micro Mages is a lot of fun!  I will play a lot more of that game.

Then I fired up Cloudy Mountain... no bueno... the cart loads and the menu allows me to go through the games to select.  When I select a game I receive an error message.  Bad GROM error or something like that.  I've tweeted at Evercade with a picture of the error... hopefully there's an easy fix.  If not, I'll get an replacement copy from my supplier.

Other than that... the included manuals and cards for both of these are awesome!  Makes the Intellivision collection my favourite!  Now if I can play the games that would be the cherry on top!  lol

• Sad 2

VIC-20 does have one problem.  A good number of the games on that computer were arcade conversions; that may require more rights.

Plus how about the clones like Jelly Monsters, a Pac-Man copy?

Top Ten Commodore Vic-20 Games | Retro Gamer

Then there's also the issue of the VIC-20's power and the game quality overall.

Edited by 7800Knight
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

Well... I sat down this weekend at the lake and fired up the 2 new carts for the Evercade.  Micro Mages is a lot of fun!  I will play a lot more of that game.

Then I fired up Cloudy Mountain... no bueno... the cart loads and the menu allows me to go through the games to select.  When I select a game I receive an error message.  Bad GROM error or something like that.  I've tweeted at Evercade with a picture of the error... hopefully there's an easy fix.  If not, I'll get an replacement copy from my supplier.

Other than that... the included manuals and cards for both of these are awesome!  Makes the Intellivision collection my favourite!  Now if I can play the games that would be the cherry on top!  lol

You need a FW upgrade on your system to correct the INTV 2 error. You have to update the handheld manually, otherwise the the VS should pick it up automatically on wifi IIRC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Songbird said:

You need a FW upgrade on your system to correct the INTV 2 error. You have to update the handheld manually, otherwise the the VS should pick it up automatically on wifi IIRC.

Well I guess it's time I upgrade the firmware on this thing then eh?  lol  Thanks for the info!  Never did a firmware update yet as I've not had any issues.  Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

My wish list for an INTV collection Vol. 3:

1. B-17 Bomber
  2. Bowling
  3. Bump ‘n’ Jump
  4. Diner
  5. Mission X
  6. MOTU: Power of He-Man
  7. Sea Battle or Sub Hunt
  8. Space Armada or Space Battle
  9. Triple Action
  10. Treasure of Tarmin
  11. Tron Deadly Discs
  12. Utopia

No Solar Sailor? With the VOICE???

Utopia was on the first collection already.

• Confused 1

How about the Tron Collection? Both arcade games, Journey to the MCP (PET), Adventures of Tron (2600), both versions of Deadly Discs (2600/INTV), Maze-a-Tron and Solar Sailor (INTV), Tron (Tomy Tutor), and for a great modern game Tron 2.0 Killer App for GBA?

• Like 1

The controls for many of the Intelly games that used the keypad numbers is what will stop many games from appearing on a future collection.  The Imagic games would be nice to be included like Demon Attack!  I wonder if there will be a collection 3... my guess is not likely.

Overall for Intellivision games on the 2 collections, I'm completely satisfied with what they've put on them.  I've successfully scratched off the need/desire to buy an Intellivision as the games I wanted have been included.

Vic20?  I dunno... I played some games on it but when I had the C64, it pretty much mothballed the Vic20.  Even if they do release a Vic collection, I'm likely to grab it as I've learned that each collection features at least one game that you didn't expect to enjoy that you never knew of.  It also likely has a game or two that you wanted to try (and sometimes those don't hold up well as it's not the 80's/90's anymore and they just aren't what you thought they would be lol).

Overall, I'm enjoying the ride with the Evercade.  I haven't played any of the arcade collections yet so I have those to look forward to.  R-Type has me excited... sure I suck at the game but I wanna play it again.  lol  Ahh the future seems pretty exciting for the Evercade.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

The controls for many of the Intelly games that used the keypad numbers is what will stop many games from appearing on a future collection.  The Imagic games would be nice to be included like Demon Attack!  I wonder if there will be a collection 3... my guess is not likely.

I think it would be difficult playing something like Baseball, Utopia or Space Spartans with the onscreen keyboard.  

I suspect that you are right in there not likely being an Intellivision 3 cart.  On the other hand there are still plenty of other systems out there eligible for releases.

The C64 Collection looks great.  I can see an Atari 8-bit computer collection in the not too distance future.  Maybe some of the European home computers, like the Spectrum?

• Like 1