IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

6 hours ago, madman said:

Considering the GBA cart of Goodboy Galaxy is 55 Euro (which I'm not knocking), the Evercade price is hard to beat. 

I think the Asteb*** games are $55 a pop.

Ordered! I think this is the most Blaze orders I’ve had in progress at one time, looking forward to Sunsoft and Delphine in the next couple weeks.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2023 at 5:42 AM, Songbird said:

We interrupt this thesis on game system palettes to bring you an important announcement.

Pre-orders are live for the next two Evercade games!

https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-goodboy-galaxy-witch-n-wiz/

https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-demons-of-asteborg-astebros/

image.png.e3b92ca1517fa420bd0c060b04625f6c.png

That's funny,I was waiting for the E-mail and I didn't see or get  one this time.

But,I came in here to see if the preorder was listed,and here it is.

Off to place my Songbird order..👍

• Like 2

Anyone who knows if the HyperMegaTech-consoles will have a run in Japan (or more generally in Asia)?

- - - 

Reasons it could be interesting to know are:

- would that expand the Evercade-market (significantly)?

- is that the reason why Taito and Capcom wanted consoles with their games particulary featured (built-in) as in ‘why didn’t they just go for cartridge-releases?’

1 hour ago, Giles N said:

Anyone who knows if the HyperMegaTech-consoles will have a run in Japan (or more generally in Asia)?

- - - 

Reasons it could be interesting to know are:

- would that expand the Evercade-market (significantly)?

- is that the reason why Taito and Capcom wanted consoles with their games particulary featured (built-in) as in ‘why didn’t they just go for cartridge-releases?’

I've speculated on this before, but I'm fairly sure the reason there are no Capcom and Taito carts is because of the cost per game. On a cart the EXP/Super Pocket games from Capcom or Taito would be less than 2 bucks each. Capcom and Taito are still actively selling these same games (or similar games from the same franchises) either individually or in compilations on Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox, PC storefronts, Android, iOS, etc for much higher prices per game. They don't want to undermine their own value proposition when they're trying to sell the same games to much wider audiences for much higher prices.

If you preinstall the games then the cost of each title is somewhat obscured by the overall cost of the hardware. 

In a roundabout way this is probably also why the Namco carts never got licensed for home consoles -- because Namco didn't want to compete with their compilations/digital storefront offerings on the modern consoles. They probably figured with 3DS and Vita gone the dedicated handheld market isn't really a thing anymore, so the Namco handheld carts weren't really competing with anything.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Giles N said:

Should Atari release more collections for the Evercade?

What should it be? Arcade 2? 
A collection spanning home-console to arcade to recent Recharge-titles…?

I would love an Atari collection of the recharged games because I don't have and would prefer not to ever purchase an Atari VCS.

No disrespect meant towards the system, I just don't have space for it.

So a collection on a tiny cartridge would be great!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I would love an Atari collection of the recharged games because I don't have and would prefer not to ever purchase an Atari VCS.

No disrespect meant towards the system, I just don't have space for it.

So a collection on a tiny cartridge would be great!

THIS!

(Except I Will disrespect the system;  It's Retarded!  Yeah I said it!   Sorry,  Not Sorry!!!!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Aren't all of the Recharged games available for the three major consoles and Steam? There was even a limited physical release, including for Switch, though those aren't available anymore.

There is going to be a European retail release with more games per cartridge.

The Recharged games can make the Switch slow down badly… there is zero chance of them coming to Evercade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Aren't all of the Recharged games available for the three major consoles and Steam? There was even a limited physical release, including for Switch, though those aren't available anymore.

Yeah, I'm actually tired of people talking about these games as VCS games (or even people claiming Atari is "releasing games for the VCS", while they're just releasing games on everything including the VCS).

1 minute ago, jgkspsx said:

The Recharged games can make the Switch slow down badly… there is zero chance of them coming to Evercade.

Also, I was under the impression these games used analog sticks quite a lot, so I'm not sure they would be a good fit anyway.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'd expect that Evercade ports of the Recharged games would be scuppered by the lack of GPU power, RAM and buyer interest. Even if possible, it'd be a lot of work for maybe five hundred extra sales. That's probably about what they're getting on the VCS too, but that's a much easier port because it's basically a PC, and it's in Atari's interest to keep the platform mildly relevant.

The LRG release was just four games across two cartridges or discs (they also did PS4/5) so less than half the games in the series now. They're shipping as we speak, so you might soon be able to buy them from scalpers. Holding on for the retail release doesn't seem like a bad idea.

• Like 1

Perhaps Atari could obtain some new IPs and together with titles they own, - or titles they can collaborate on for releases -  make one or two carts representing the history of Atari systems:

Arcade: - Red Baron, 

- Sky Raider (include color

version as bonus).

2600 - Secret Quest, 

Atari 5200 - Space Dungeon (use

the four action buttons  

as second stick), 

- Adventure 2 (from

AA)

7800 - Scrapyard Dog (make

sure its ntsc!!! Its so

more playable when its

1:1 responsive &    
           nonsluggish
           even use The Dog Hack

[insert Epic fanfare] 

as hidden bonus, - 

goodness; gaming is

supposed to be about  
           funtime)

- Super Circus Atari (from

AA), 

- Frenzy (from AA) 

Atari 8-Bit: Star Raiders 2 -

the original

unpublished

version (Rename it 

if necessary

‘Solaris 2’ or 

whatever works)

Jaguar - Iron Soldier

- Super Burnout

- Bubsy (yes, I’ll give

him a chance for such

a project)

Lynx - Hydra, 

- Road Riot 4WD, 

- Warbirds,

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

(Except I Will disrespect the system;  It's Retarded!  Yeah I said it!   Sorry,  Not Sorry!!!!)

Are you advocating for an ‘Atari Classics ReTarded’ line up exclusively on the VCS…?

Couid be real fun to discuss what they ought to look and play like… 😁

Edited by Giles N
  • Haha 1

I imagine it's just a simple matter of the license expiring and Atari wanting to continue to go in a different direction. I'm pretty sure that's why the other cartridges went legacy as well. There are probably not enough sales left to justify a license renewal, plus I imagine the Atari ones are on the higher side in comparison to some of the others.

• Sad 4