IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2022 (Season 15)

carlsson

4 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

Atari 2600

I set a new PR on Solar Fox: 4,001,600  Rack 189

Congrats Atarian7 on a very nice score.

Times for the week are:

Atari 2600

Eggomania 70 mins - broke 180,000, not my HS but still happy.

Kaboon 41 mins - broke 5,600, not my HS but still happy

Solar Fox 164 mins.

All fun.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After a few weeks absence I'm finally back! The stress of the holiday season was really getting to me and I was feeling pretty down and just didn't feel like playing games or doing social stuff for awhile, so I took a break from the Atari 2600 High Score Club and the weekly gaming time trackers. I did play some games on the Switch while I was away though, and thanks to the Switch's play time tracking ability I was able to go back and write down all my gaming time from the past few weeks for the modern tracker this morning.

I haven't done any classic gaming time lately so I don't have anything to contribute to the classic tracker, but I did want to at least let you guys know that I was alright and will be returning to the trackers and Atari 2600 HSC :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I haven't done any classic gaming time lately so I don't have anything to contribute to the classic tracker, but I did want to at least let you guys know that I was alright and will be returning to the trackers and Atari 2600 HSC :)

I have been there a lot in the past but this year is going pretty well for me. I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better and look forward to seeing some times!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SEGA Saturn:

Baku Baku Animal, 90 mins.  Beat it trying out several different animal & food settings. 

Last Bronx, 60 mins. Fantastic use of the hardware, fun VF style action, cool unique bg music.

Marvel Super Heroes, 60 mins.  The Infinity Gems make this one stand out as unique.

Daytona USA, 30 mins.  Very arcade like and fun racing.

JP Daytona CE, 60 mins. Graphically this is far beyond the first Saturn Daytona attempt when you compare, and still great racing especially on the arcade 3 tracks. The other 2 tracks are lesser but still fun bonuses. 

JP Marvel vs Street Fighter,  45 mins.   "Waste of flesh!"" Says Shuma Gorath.

• Like 5

This week I played

Final Fantasy III (VI) for Super Nintendo - 1,067 minutes

Super Mario Bros.: Level-Headed version 0.3.9 for NES - 60 minutes

Progress:

Final Fantasy VI - I defeated all the dragons except for the last two, and got the espers Alexander and Odin. I'm teaching everyone the spells from those two before I will change Odin into Raiden. Everyone else knows all the spells from all the others so the Fanatics' Tower was easy for me to clear with Ultima, Cure 3, and Life 3 plus plenty of tinctures and wall rings equipped on everyone.

Super Mario Bros.: Level-Headed version 0.3.9 - I completed two of three randomly generated games while failing to complete the second of these. The settings were SMB1 physics-Original graphics-Normal difficulty

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, onlyinajeep said:

Acorn Electron

Thrust - 23 minutes

Amstrad CPC

Thrust - 17 minutes

Atari 2600

Gravitar - 14 minutes

Thrust - 19 minutes

BBC Micro

Thrust - 37 minutes

CoCo2

Gravitor - 117 minutes

Now that’s my idea of a good time!! You gotta add Gravitrex and Player 2 for the Vectrex and Subterrania for the Genesis too :D

• Like 2

Here's the summary for Week 51, running from December 19 - 25. We logged 4721 minutes of eligible play, playing 108 games on a total of 21 systems.

Top 10:

1. Final Fantasy III (VI) (SNES) - 1067 min. (#1)
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 417 min. (#4)
3. Mr. Happyface [hack of Ms. Pac-Man Tengen] (NES/Famicom) - 325 min. (#5)
4. Chip's Challenge (Atari Lynx) - 125 min.
5. Gravitor (CoCo 1 & 2) - 117 min.
6. R-Type (Arcade) - 95 min.
7. Baku Baku (JP: Baku Baku Animal) (Sega Saturn) - 90 min.
7. GB Corp (Game Boy) - 90 min.
9. Cybattler (Arcade) - 75 min.
9. Demons to Diamonds (Atari 2600) - 75 min. (#9)
9. Syd Mead's Terraforming (TG-16/PC Engine) - 75 min.
9. Tapeworm Disco Puzzle (NES/Famicom) - 75 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 417 min. (PN#1)
2. Gravitor (CoCo 1 & 2) - 117 min.
3. Demons to Diamonds (Atari 2600) - 75 min. (PN#4)
4. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 70 min.
5. Conquest of Mars (Atari 2600) - 65 min.
6. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 41 min.
7. Thrust (BBC Micro) - 37 min.
8. Mr. Yo Yo (Atari 2600) - 34 min.
9. Missile Command (Atari 8-bit) - 31 min.
10. 2048  (Fairchild Channel F) - 30 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. SNES - 1077 min. (#1)
2. NES/Famicom - 982 min. (#4)
3. Atari 2600 - 775 min. (#3)
4. Arcade - 474 min. (#6)
5. Sega Saturn - 345 min.
6. Atari Lynx - 245 min.
7. TG-16/PC Engine - 120 min.
8. Game Boy - 118 min.
9. CoCo 1 & 2 - 117 min.
10. Watara SuperVision - 100 min.

The penultimate tracker week of the year ends up with all three #1 entries remain the same. Final Fantasy III (VI) on the SNES has a stronghold over the rest. The same can be said about Solar Fox vs the other pre-NES games. It becomes a little exciting which of the NES and SNES would take the systems title, but even with the addition of post-2000 era Famiclone games that just might belong in the other tracker, the NES/Famicom is just over 1.5 hours behind its 16-bit sequel.

Mr. Happyface on the NES/Famicom becomes member #515 in the 1000 Minute Club with a total of 1178 minutes. For reference, Tengen's original NES version of Ms. Pac-Man entered the same club in week 5, 2016 so it almost took 7 years for the hack to reach there.

At the same time, Final Fantasy III (VI) on the SNES enters the 5000 Minute Club with a total of 5333 minutes. That equals 35th place in the all-time stats. Four out of the top 50 games are from the Final Fantasy franchise. More stats to follow in about 1.5 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/26/2022 at 7:24 AM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Will be great to have you back! The current “week” doesn’t end until 1/8 so you’ve got time to catch up.

• Like 2

ATARI 2600

Freeway – 3 minutes

ATARI 8-BIT

Food Fight – 75 minutes

Survivor [Synapse Software] – 122 minutes

NES / FAMICOM

Mr. Happyface [hack of Ms. Pac-Man Tengen] – 80 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man [Tengen License] – 90 minutes

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK

1) My Food Fight gameplay footage (Atari 8-BIT) - Intermediate, Advanced and Expert skills

2) My 2600 Freeway gameplay footage - Game 2 B/B

3) My Ms. Pac-Man Tengen gameplay footage (NES / Famicom) - Pac-Booster A or B, Skill Hard, Big Maze and Level 3

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 5

This week I played:

Final Fantasy III (VI) for Super Nintendo - 342 minutes

Gobli's Adventure (from RPG Maker) for Playstation - 331 minutes

Incredible Crisis for Playstation - 97 minutes

I'm not sure how you want to count Gobli's Adventure or RPG Maker for Playstation. Gobli's Adventure is the actual playable game that is included on the RPG Maker disc.

A whole forum called RPGMakerPavilion has other user created games for the Playstation and Playstation 2 RPG Maker games that I guess would be counted as individual games, while the act of creating a game could be time that goes toward the title RPG Maker/RPG Maker 2/RPG Maker 3? Or you could just say all the included games, all the game creating time, and all the user created games go under the umbrella of the RPG Maker, RPG Maker 2 or RPG Maker 3 entries depending on which game it was developed with. Your call.

Progress:

Final Fantasy 6 - I got the last 2 espers, defeated the last 2 dragons and defeated Kefka, completing the game.

Gobli's Adventure (from RPG Maker) - I made three quick edits to add save points to each of the three towns' inns, then started a new game and completed it.

Incredible Crisis - I started a new game and completed it. 

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

I'm not sure how you want to count Gobli's Adventure or RPG Maker for Playstation. Gobli's Adventure is the actual playable game that is included on the RPG Maker disc.

A whole forum called RPGMakerPavilion has other user created games for the Playstation and Playstation 2 RPG Maker games that I guess would be counted as individual games, while the act of creating a game could be time that goes toward the title RPG Maker/RPG Maker 2/RPG Maker 3? Or you could just say all the included games, all the game creating time, and all the user created games go under the umbrella of the RPG Maker, RPG Maker 2 or RPG Maker 3 entries depending on which game it was developed with. Your call.

Generally the rule says that we count minutes of playing a game, not minutes of creating a game whether it is programming, a game maker or level editor. To some degree it is up to everyone's discretion what to include and not. Elementary testing of a game in the making probably shouldn't be counted, but once it has reached some meaningful alpha or preferrably beta testing stage where you play it to check for bugs, difficulty etc can be counted. The same goes for music and graphics programs that are on the verge between productivity and toy/game. For instance 7 minutes of Grover's Music Maker on the Atari 2600 were counted, plus a select few Construction Kits including 39 minutes of SEUCK on the C64.

In this case, I'm happy to add it as Gobli's Adventure [RPG Maker demo game] or similar.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (December 26th, 2022 through January 1st, 2023) on classic systems...

TI-99/4A:

The mine - 379 min. in 12 sessions

This week I intensively played the game "The mine" by Saurussoft on the TI-99/4A which is included in the 512K games cart 3 which is available as a software choice on JS99er. It's similar to Miner 2049'er, but offering more screens (25 in total) and a different level structure since there is a map which all the screens belong to, and you can traverse from screen to screen even if you haven't completed the screen you're in. However, in that case, you don't get the bonus, and your progress in the screen you leave is reset. Unfortunately, this game is severely broken, leading to many unplanned deaths. First, you think you can leave a screen by climbing down the ladder that leads into it from the bottom? Wrong! If you do this, you'll die, the proper way out is falling in a pit. Also, there are stages with slanted floors, and on those, your jumping height is inconsistent, so you can't predict if you'll be able to jump over a fireball or not. Lastly, the collision detection with moving objects that are supposed to carry you is also  broken, which means that in some cases you'll fall right through elevators and other platforms... mostly to your death.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Generally the rule says that we count minutes of playing a game, not minutes of creating a game whether it is programming, a game maker or level editor. To some degree it is up to everyone's discretion what to include and not. Elementary testing of a game in the making probably shouldn't be counted, but once it has reached some meaningful alpha or preferrably beta testing stage where you play it to check for bugs, difficulty etc can be counted. The same goes for music and graphics programs that are on the verge between productivity and toy/game. For instance 7 minutes of Grover's Music Maker on the Atari 2600 were counted, plus a select few Construction Kits including 39 minutes of SEUCK on the C64.

In this case, I'm happy to add it as Gobli's Adventure [RPG Maker demo game] or similar.

I see, so each of the pavilion members' games would count as individual titles for Playstation or Playstation 2 depending on which system the maker they used was for, as I thought. They would be on the same level as rom hacks or homebrew titles. It makes sense because the PC RPG Maker games allow for even more engine tweaks that end up making some games very different from others, such as action RPG elements.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

I can remember when I helped Bob create Baby Pac-Man for the Atari 7800 4 years ago... I programmed the pinball part, and Bob had more or less finished the maze part which counted up score etc. So I counted playing the maze part as playtime, but not testing the pinball part which I programmed because it wasn't working properly yet... most of all it didn't count up the score, and there was no way to lose, you could just re-launch the ball if you lost it. Only when Bob had included scoring and the possibility of losing the game by losing the ball did I count the play time on the pinball part as playing time as well.

• Like 5