IGNORED

A new controller SECOND BATCH AVAILABLE

tanuki

19 hours ago, tanuki said:

You can track it for free on https://www.laposte.fr/outils/track-a-parcel

these tracking numbers are very slow to appear, it's incredible to see that each time there are people who receive their packages before the numbers even appear. But at least you knwo with this tracking number that your parcel is shipped.

I don't have a tracking number.  All I have is an order number, MSVDRJVBK, and I can't do anything with it because like I said, the order isn't attached to my account on your website.  I created the account after purchase, it's not visible now.  I got an email that the order shipped, no tracking number.

7 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

Hello, I'm myself left-handed and have always hated the D-pad on the left. 

I hold the Intellivision controller with my left hand and use my right thumb for the disc. 

My reasoning is that is the way I've done it as a kid. 

The left thumb is the firing button for the Intellivision and the Atari, and the right hand is for the joystick and disc. 

Therefore, me, a lefthanded person feels more comfortable this way. 

:)

That’s interesting. Growing up as a lefty I always used the left thumb for the disc and then later on the NES the dpad. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cellblock1138 said:

That’s interesting. Growing up as a lefty I always used the left thumb for the disc and then later on the NES the dpad. 

Im right handed and prefer disc/Dpad on left also. Its probably because thats the way it was introduced to me with Sega system.

• Like 1

I mean it's true we all just adapt to what is put in front of us.. but going back to at least GenX's who started out with games like pacman... did you gravitate as lefties or righties to grab with your non dominate hand?   to me it just seems like the natural inclination for most people (ambidextrous folks don't really count since they have the split thing) but did you play pacman or other early games that didn't have a fire button with your non dominate hand?  

It just seems like pushing a button would be a less dominate function..  where movement is way more critical than button mashing..    

I found this article but I don't agree with it at all, but it's fine it worked out..   but i still have a disdain for TRON games largely because they did what does make sense (i realize i'm in a right handed world) from a purely logical standpoint..  they could have put spinners on both side but whaterver.. i'm not bitter :)    https://guysgirl.com/gaming/pondering-lifes-mysteries-why-is-the-d-pad-on-the-left/

i mean when i picked up a guitar as a kid i held it left handed natively..  my dad (a lefty also) forced me to learn right handed mostly because it was just a rough road for lefties to get left handed guitars and once i got over it, i actually like the idea of doing fine finger movement with my left hand and let my right hand do the strumming and picking..  

• Like 1

That article doesn't explain anything.  Most right-handed people will operate a computer with their right hand steering the mouse and their left hand hitting buttons on the keyboard.  And the same goes for game controllers when given a choice.  When not given a choice, people can train their less dominant hand to perform nearly as well as their dominant hand.  But it's tough to reverse that training once established.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

That article doesn't explain anything.

says something about science but yea that's about it.. lol.    none the less beyond that i have no idea why the Japanese designers would have defaulted to make the left hand the direction controller..  the 2600 designers didn't think so..  arcade makers didn't think so..   so it kinda flies against the norm..   can the brain train?  sure but for easy adoption it would seemed to have made more sense to make the first time experience as comfortable as possible for the most number of users.. and i would think given the choice..  this would have not been a persons'

The mouse being moved with the right hand is definitely because of the fine motor skills preferred over a keyboard..   which points back to the d-pad being operated by the dominate hand.   As a left handed person, I use the mouse on the right hand because it was just easier to adapt..  my wife likes her mouse on the left side (she's a lefty too) but my son has been conditioned like me to use the right hand mostly because i just set him up that way (he's a lefty too)..  

so it goes back to the question of why they would have decided to do that in the first place..   sure people can adapt, but i don't see why they would want to make the majority of right handed people in the world change their behavior..  it's not like it was cheaper to make it left handed..   

look i'm grateful lol..   as a left handed person this was always my inclination.. i hold an intellivision controller with the left hand to move the disk and use my right hand to press buttons..  before the NES existed..  that's how i naturally did it.   so the NES was a welcome design, it just doesn't make sense. :) 

23 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Im right handed and prefer disc/Dpad on left also. Its probably because thats the way it was introduced to me with Sega system.

I'm right handed too, but I always use my right thumb for the disc, left thumb for the side buttons. I got these controllers in the other day and both of them have the disc on the left hand side. I tried to play Super Pro Space Invaders last night using them and I was much slower in my attack (due to using my left thumb on the disc). I had ordered one controller with the disc on the right side, however both controllers sent to me were disc on the left side. 🙄 Has anyone received a controller with the disc on the right side yet? 🤷‍♂️ If somebody has I would gladly switch with you. If interested please inbox me... 👍

16 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

I'm right handed too, but I always use my right thumb for the disc, left thumb for the side buttons. I got these controllers in the other day and both of them have the disc on the left hand side. I tried to play Super Pro Space Invaders last night using them and I was much slower in my attack (due to using my left thumb on the disc). I had ordered one controller with the disc on the right side, however both controllers sent to me were disc on the left side. 🙄 Has anyone received a controller with the disc on the right side yet? 🤷‍♂️ If somebody has I would gladly switch with you. If interested please inbox me... 👍

I havent got mine yet Rick but if i end up getting one with disc on right, ill swap with you.

• Thanks 1

The Disk On Right versions aren't available yet.

We should receive the (corrected) PCBs this week, I made a mistake in the first batch and the disk position was off by 4mm

I will then have to recheck every dimensions and start the printing process, if nothing bad happens 50 (Disk On Right) will be sent out before end of the year.

I'm spending lot of time on adapters, we didn't plan for so many of them to be purchased after the first poll.

Those are time consuming to be soldered together!

Edited by YannAros
  • Thanks 2

Mine arrived today as well, even though I hadn’t received a shipping notice (which is fine).  They were double boxed and padded and arrived in perfect shape. Very nice presentation! The included booklet looks really interesting. 

I’m happy and impressed, and I haven’t even tried them out yet. Thanks so much for making these. 

• Like 4

Is there a way to get a tracking number of some sort? I got my shipping notification over the weekend during PRGE but when I checked my account and tried to click on the tracking line in my order information, it took me to a French post office tracking page but only stated the tracking info didn't exist? So I suspect I must be looking at the wrong thing somewhere?

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

These last few days have been difficult for me. It's been a year of multiple troubles looming. But no matter, here I am again, so I'll answer questions and emails.

I noticed that some packages had a big delay in delivery, I have already inquired with the post office and they assure me that the customs is responsible. A new declaration system would be involved.

In any case, many of you have received your packages, so it's just a matter of patience. I will discuss it with all those who are worried ;)

• Thanks 2

On 10/30/2022 at 6:44 AM, Greg2600 said:

I don't have a tracking number.  All I have is an order number, MSVDRJVBK, and I can't do anything with it because like I said, the order isn't attached to my account on your website.  I created the account after purchase, it's not visible now.  I got an email that the order shipped, no tracking number.

Ha ok, sorry. the tracking number is : LE134285874FR

It seems that you are one of the people whose package is still in transit. It was shipped on 10/15, but it may take a month to arrive...

On 10/31/2022 at 1:05 AM, Jim Pez said:

Would this controller work on pc  emulation with a USB adapter ?

I really can't say but it's a good question. It should work I think, the joystick does not carry any particular electronics that would block its use on a pc.

On 11/1/2022 at 9:53 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

Is there a way to get a tracking number of some sort? I got my shipping notification over the weekend during PRGE but when I checked my account and tried to click on the tracking line in my order information, it took me to a French post office tracking page but only stated the tracking info didn't exist? So I suspect I must be looking at the wrong thing somewhere?

Yoiur tracking number is LE134285769FR. In fact the tracking number will display only when the parcel will be in the airport of departure and it can be long. Once there, you receive the parcel in a week in general.

On 11/2/2022 at 12:37 AM, MasterWelch said:

How can we tell the progress on the list? Just the green? 

I still have to update it. But As we ship all the first copies, we'll launch the second batch the next week. So you can already know if you'll be able to purchase it or not ;)

14 minutes ago, tanuki said:

Hello everyone.

These last few days have been difficult for me. It's been a year of multiple troubles looming. But no matter, here I am again, so I'll answer questions and emails.

I noticed that some packages had a big delay in delivery, I have already inquired with the post office and they assure me that the customs is responsible. A new declaration system would be involved.

In any case, many of you have received your packages, so it's just a matter of patience. I will discuss it with all those who are worried ;)

I dont think anyone is worried Tanuki.. just anxious. It is a great feature that everybody wants. I think everyone understands the waiting process. Can you tell us how many people on the list have been shipped? So we can maybe guage where we stand?

Thanks!