IGNORED

Welcome to the updated forum! Please read!

Albert

16 hours ago, Albert said:

There is no way to do that as far as I'm aware.  There is a sidebar on the right that shows the most recent posts that have been made, and to the right of each top-level forum you can see the latest thread with activity.

..Al

Maybe I’m crazy but I just feel certain that this view used to show more than one topic per forum:

C4516B1F-E94A-4274-B876-A6062FC3544E.thumb.png.767abd16c1384f1f859d5ac7cc36cf16.png

Or maybe it was just more space efficient.

I’m muddling through but I haven’t found a good way yet to check on the latest updates to the twenty or so sections I watch closely.

Okay, I just tried to sign in on Desktop via the "Existing user? Sign in" popup on the main page, and the title of the following page was like, "I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that."

I had to resort to a separate /login tab to get in...

Edited by JFD62780

I've been updated my blog entries with the returned Category feature* and noticed an issue with attachments.  When I first go into the blog entry attachments are sometimes, but not always, missing:

1768684459_ScreenShot2022-08-13at10_13_06AM.thumb.png.be9d2a3ed7f589f16b20bfc61af8cb72.png

After I edit the blog entry, the attachments have returned:

24755557_ScreenShot2022-08-13at10_13_40AM.thumb.png.0f21c4e1ec83b7ead66260a44c4affcc.png

WARNING for others: if you notice attachments are missing in your blog entries and decide to edit your entry to bring them back then you need to be aware that the blog entry date will be changed to the current date.  To keep the original date you need to set the Publish Time by unchecking Immediately and filling in the original blog entry date:

image.thumb.png.13352005c1307f8e1c5f59476add921a.png

* I posted about this in reply ??? (hmm, the reply # is gone) of the forum upgrade announcement, I probably should have put that reply in this topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It is now possible to delete emoji in the mobile theme, but you have to click backspace multiple times (like 3 or 4 times) and eventually it will get deleted.  So that's nice that it's fixed.

But it is still not possible to delete quote boxes (I did not test other things like spoilers, etc).  If this could be fixed, that would be greatly appreciated.

When you exit the topic and go back into it, and you go down to the reply box you will get a message that your previous content has been restored, and you can click to clear the editor. 

How do you bring up this "clear editor" at will without having to exit the topic and go back into it?

Can you add this as an icon up top?

image.thumb.png.54323121836a2a776606a22469e472de.png

• Like 1

Greetings,

2 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

It is now possible to delete emoji in the mobile theme, but you have to click backspace multiple times (like 3 or 4 times) and eventually it will get deleted.  So that's nice that it's fixed.

That's good, although weird that you have to backspace multiple times.

But it is still not possible to delete quote boxes (I did not test other things like spoilers, etc).  If this could be fixed, that would be greatly appreciated.

This I will look into and see if there are any posts on the Invision support forum about.

When you exit the topic and go back into it, and you go down to the reply box you will get a message that your previous content has been restored, and you can click to clear the editor. 

How do you bring up this "clear editor" at will without having to exit the topic and go back into it?

Can you add this as an icon up top?

There is no button associated with "Clear editor", so I won't be able to add that.  For the mobile view, these are the icons that are not presently displayed in the editor:

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 10.44.58 AM.png

None of these buttons represent "clear editor".  That will only come up when content has been restored, which will generally only be the case if you started composing a message in a topic, navigated away, and then came back to that page at some point.  So it should not happen too often.

..Al

1 minute ago, Albert said:

None of these buttons represent "clear editor".  That will only come up when content has been restored, which will generally only be the case if you started composing a message in a topic, navigated away, and then came back to that page at some point.  So it should not happen too often.

Thanks.

right now i am using that to get rid of the quote boxes that can't be removed.

So I've been doing that as a stopgap measure until the issue of deleting the quote boxes has been resolved.

Just now, fdr4prez said:

right now i am using that to get rid of the quote boxes that can't be removed.

So I've been doing that as a stopgap measure until the issue of deleting the quote boxes has been resolved.

I agree that is annoying, I'll see what I can learn about that.

..Al

• Thanks 1

So, I am able to delete quote boxes using my iPhone with the stock Safari browser.  I just have to select the quote box, make sure the cursor is outside the quote box (for instance, right below it), then hit the backspace key on the keyboard once or twice and the quote box will be deleted. It's consistent as well, I tried it a few times.

Are you using iOS or Android?  It does seem to be an issue with (some?) Android devices.  I found this thread on Invision's forum about it:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/464151-deleting-quotes-on-mobile-device/

From the very last post, from the chief architect of the forum software,

This issue is in our tracker. It's quite complex based on the editor we use, but we are aware of it.

So, they are very much aware of it, but seems to be a non-trivial issue to fix for some reason.

..Al

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Are you using iOS or Android?  It does seem to be an issue with (some?) Android devices.

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

So, they are very much aware of it, but seems to be a non-trivial issue to fix for some reason.

Yes, android, and for AA i am using the Samsung browser.  That is the only thing I use that browser for. 

Just now, fdr4prez said:

Yes, android, and for AA i am using the Samsung browser.  That is the only thing I use that browser for. 

That's good to know, thank you.  I added a comment to the above thread I linked, asking if there's been any movement on this issue (although I already know the answer is no, but I'm hoping they work on it at some point!)

..Al

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fdr4prez said:

Why is the user's post count hiding and you need to hover to see it?

image.png.a1ec784431d89bc914e71a079a2ba632.png

It's not like the post count is so long that it is a hinderance.

So long as the post count is shorter than the things above it (the joysticks, for example), then why was the post counter made shorter?

Yes, that's going to get changed back to a proper number that isn't abbreviated.  I have absolutely no idea why this was done.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you are in a thread and there is a new reply, there is a little pop up on the bottom of the screen that will say, "there is a new reply" with a link to click to display it.

In the old version it would be displayed for a bit of time.

Now (at least in the desktop theme - Edge) this will be displayed for a very quick short amount of time and then disappear.

Can that time be increased?

40 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

The desktop search will default to "this topic" which is much better than the previous version:

image.png.8153a99c832ba54bbd836840af5fede9.png

But the mobile version it is impossible to search "this topic"

image.thumb.png.ab1536ae8b45400f95d6818f36531d94.png

I see what's going on there -- when you click the search icon on mobile, it actually takes you to the advanced search results page, which has more options.  At that point, you are no longer sitting in the thread or even the forum you were in, so the "This Topic" and "This Forum" options are no longer applicable. 

I'm able to get around this by rotating my phone to landscape mode and then reducing the webpage size to 75%.  This reverts to the regular desktop view, and the normal search bar is visible.  The "This Topic" selection is then the default as you'd expect, and "This Forum" is also available (click for larger view):

mobile_search.png

It might be possible to update the theme so it always displays the inline search when on the mobile view, I'll have to ask the theme designer.

..Al

• Thanks 1

Just now, roadrunner said:

No scroll to top button, still have to use a extension.

Untitled551.png.c668b5df3fcd2dbf82b7734c675d9d5f.png

Or hit the home button on your keyboard.  Or tap the the top of the screen on your phone/tablet (at least in iOS/iPadOS).  I remember people arguing about this on Invision's forum a long time ago when they removed that from the default themes. :D

..Al

3 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

No scroll to top button, still have to use a extension.

Untitled551.png.c668b5df3fcd2dbf82b7734c675d9d5f.png

On my phone I use the Samsung browser and this is built into the browser, so no need for an extension. 

On my laptop I don't need this, but I would OK using an extension if I wanted that function. 

Just like pressing the Backspace use to "go back" in Internet Explorer did that, but Chrome and Edge don't do that, so I installed extensions that added that function to these browsers. 

14 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

On my phone I use the Samsung browser and this is built into the browser, so no need for an extension. 

On my laptop I don't need this, but I would OK using an extension if I wanted that function. 

Just like pressing the Backspace use to "go back" in Internet Explorer did that, but Chrome and Edge don't do that, so I installed extensions that added that function to these browsers. 

Good info, thanks.
I think i started a thread about this a few years ago.
Also a thread about the Hamburger Icon, i don't get Hamburger Icon on desktop. 
Just a small one for manage subscriptions.

It appears on some threads, the very first post is displayed with white text on white background if I use the AtariAge theme. If I switch to the Dimension theme, the text is readable. I've seen this in a few threads, but not every one. First I thought someone on purpose set the font color but then it would behave the same regardless of which theme one uses.

Example 1 Example 2

It seems to have something with this CSS rule to do:

.cTopic > .ipsBox:first-child, #elPostFeed + .ipsBox.ipsClearfix {
  color: #fff;
}

Possibly an .ipsBox is generated for posts with rich content such as fonts, colours, images, and if it happens to be first such box on a page, the text goes white?

Edited by carlsson