IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

It has become very difficult to find genuinely knowledgeable and expertly written coding books in the modern era. This is where going to a brick and mortar book store and physically evaluating the books is essential. There is lots of junk out there sadly.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

It has become very difficult to find genuinely knowledgeable and expertly written coding books in the modern era. This is where going to a brick and mortar book store and physically evaluating the books is essential. There is lots of junk out there sadly.

Would  make sense to use LISP running under SAMS to do LISP programs?

5 hours ago, RXB said:

Would  make sense to use LISP running under SAMS to do LISP programs?

Interesting idea RICH. 

I have code for a LISP (well scheme actually) interpreter written in Forth that I have wondered about trying to port.

SAMS would definitely give it some room to be useful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheBF said:

Interesting idea RICH. 

I have code for a LISP (well scheme actually) interpreter written in Forth that I have wondered about trying to port.

SAMS would definitely give it some room to be useful. 

Well in Classic99 you have 16Meg of SAMS memory?

You could use a routine in FinalGROM to load it and run it?

Edited by RXB
Spelling
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

There is also a very limited LISP interpreter out there for the TI that was written in the late Eighties. . .I think it may have even included the source code in the release.

Google can't seem to find anything using:  TI-99 LISP

I wonder where it's hiding?

• Like 1

darn it. -- i just went to do some simple work, of running some wires and testing my connections, and i discovered my new digital multi-meter does not have auto-off, and i left it on, and now the 9 volt battery is dead. -- sucks, next to impossible to find 9 volt batteries around here - will have to order a box of them from amazon - i even went and checked my two smoke detectors outside each bedroom here at my condo, and darn it neither of them use 9 volt batteries either. -- ugh.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Strange and weird weather this year at least here around Toronto area.

https://instantweatherinc.com/ontario/forecast/2024/3/30/snow-prelim

Snow again next week. We had more snow during the last week of March then all of winter, once it turned to Spring in March then we started to have finally a winter.

10 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Nope!

They gave that movie 7/10?  For WHAT?  Being predictable with cheesy dialogue?  If that is the rubric, then, yes, 9/10!

JUST IN: 8 skaters ejected after a massive fight breaks out between the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils.

This is insane.

Immediately after the game started, all 10 skaters started brawling.

The fight apparently stemmed from an incident earlier in the month when Rangers rookie Matt Rempe hit Devils defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler with an elbow.

As a result, Rempe was ejected and hit with a four-game suspension.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

JUST IN: 8 skaters ejected after a massive fight breaks out between the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils.

This is insane.

Immediately after the game started, all 10 skaters started brawling.

The fight apparently stemmed from an incident earlier in the month when Rangers rookie Matt Rempe hit Devils defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler with an elbow.

As a result, Rempe was ejected and hit with a four-game suspension.

The goalies stayed out of it? Missed opportunity.

Here's the last goalie fight I saw in person: 

8 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

Oh'well.. Paramount+ is finally going up in price, at least it is ton cheaper than Netflix or Prime and still without ads...

image.png

raise prices and sell it off at the same time: https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/paramount-skydance-agree-to-deal-5980124/ -- hopefully, the new owners don't screw up the streaming service too much!