IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

What do you mean by "G2F's promotion" ?  :roll:  :)  It's just free will - everybody can use G2F as it is available at AtariArea and here. :)

There are still many beta versions and official versions come rarely.  

You are maybe wondering only few people use G2F ?  Well, laziness is everywhere ....  

Well... I miss a thread like this, where G2F is made "tasty" by cool artwork... So "everybody" wants to use it :D

There was one subject dealing with MCS at AtariArea and it was set up by... Heaven! You can check it out:

http://www.atariarea.histeria.pl/forum/vie...e6958cbc5#14009

Well, almost no replies but maybe people draw something instead of posting about this subject ? :P

Did you find some other new G2F features such as "Pen" that allows you to paint using brushes with different sizes? It is enabled only when you choose Preview/GFX. Building a map from available fonts is also interesting feature ("Screen" command). 8)

There was one subject dealing with MCS at AtariArea and it was set up by... Heaven!    You can check it out:

http://www.atariarea.histeria.pl/forum/vie...e6958cbc5#14009

I know this thread. But, as you can see, a thread without continuous replys is a forgotten thread...

Well, almost no replies but maybe people draw something instead of posting about this subject ?  :P  

Good... if it is so ;)

Did you find some other new G2F features such as "Pen" that allows you to paint using brushes with different sizes?  It is enabled only when you choose Preview/GFX.  Building a map from available fonts is also interesting feature ("Screen" command).  8)

I have to find a new cool image which is fun to convert it. So I did not check the newest version. Until then, I am a bit doctoring in RMT :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just (beta)testing... The program became much more powerful and complex as RASTER DIVIDING (in chars mode) technique was recently added... The instruction also got bigger but it is whole written in Polish. So answer is: who will translate it in an international language :?: :ponder: ;)

As you see it's not finished yet and it's one of the reasons that I didn't draw anything new for 4 PAC this time .... :(

without sounding too stupid, but what exactly is graph2fnt? :?

don't be so lazy and search for it on this forum... :twisted:

It seems to me the full explanation is published here. :|

is only polish dokumentation available?

look above your post... :P

actually i searched the forum, but couldn't find any link.....

it was a little bit late last night, so maybe i made something wrong :ponder:

anyways, thanks for the link :D

Hi Starraider,

what is your problem? The given link shows everything you asked for :)

If you need more explanation - perhaps in your own language - be so kind to email me. I´ll try to answer your questions...

Greetz from Berlin

Hi Starraider,

what is your problem? The given link shows everything you asked for  :)  

If you need more explanation - perhaps in your own language - be so kind to email me. I´ll try to answer your questions...

Greetz from Berlin

Oh, I am afraid, I didn't make myself very clear....

I found the link dracon gave me today.....

What I meant was that I didn't find any link myself last night!

So I think, I understand the purpose of Graph2Fnt now! 8)

But thanks for the help :)

Greetings from Frankfurt ;)

error found...

1st you have to load your .g2f file... then press "save" button to save the 3 data files, scr, fnt and tab... then save the xasm-compatible source file in the "save as" dialog...

now it works... if you tick on the adresses where you might want to have the data tables located then graph2fnt will put XL headers in the data files.... so...that's why my screens looked messed up... simply because they where all shifted by 6 bytes caused by the file header...

i realised that when changed the incbin command from

text ins 'Alien-Em.scr'

into ins 'Alien-Em.scr",6

aaaaargggggggggg... please as soon as possible an english doc... ;)

just a quick throwing together...

i've taken RMT turrican track, RMT player source, graph2fnt source + emkay's turrican pic and this is the result...

have fun... i've included the xasm source codes so you can see how i have implemented & included the RMT file...

as the exported g2f assembling file switches OS completly off for timing you have to save and reload the x,y registers as well in the VBL routine (the commands are there but marked as comments...) as the RMT player uses all 3 registers....

of course haven't tested it on real PAL machine... it might be that it won't run on NTSC machines as it is nearly fullscreen...

turrican.zip

all example pictures i tested on true Atari, and all looks good

SaveXEX, SaveASM -> headers for *.fnt, *.scr, *.tab must be disabled

if you click button SaveXEX, then g2f program autoamticaly

1. saving file *.asm, *.fnt, *.scr

2. run x-asm from batch file (created in fly)

.over

if you click button SaveASM then g2f program automaticaly

1. saving file *.asm, *.fnt, *.scr

.over

*.ASM file created for MODE=DLI

*.ASQ file created for MODE=GED+