IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

To be honest I rather don't like bump-mapping effect shown in FALLOUT demo. The best for this effects is of course one with shades of one color. So I prefer this fx as done in A8's demos like NUMEN and TOTAL DAZE. 8)

Back to main subject here...

Source file included now... :)

P.S. Emkay, what's your method for putting C64 screens into G2F ? :roll:

beavis.zip

post-3920-1076348661_thumb.jpg

Hey Tebe,

G2F is superb :) I've been using this great utilty since your early releases.

I have a bunch of G2fs to post later tonight.. Many are C64 Conversions but there are a load of my own, some of which were originally created with GED.

I have had hours of fun with this utility. It baffled me back in the eighties why nobody used PMGs and DLIs to create title screens. If only my programming skills were up to the job at the time :(

A quick question for you all, when I load in my GEDs into G2F, the colour cells, ie. the multiple changes per scanline don't appear to be there? any ideas. Earlier posts suggest that this was implemented some revisions earlier.

Will post later today...

:)

some of which were originally created with GED.

yeah, nice to read it as I also tried that one. :)

A quick question for you all, when I load in my GEDs into G2F, the colour cells, ie. the multiple changes per scanline don't appear to be there?

yes, they aren't used in G2F as far as I know (GED and G2F are rather two different programs and not all data should fit each other). This above (BEAVIS and Butt-Head) picture was primarly colored in GED and I had to re-color it in G2F. But it was worth as I have much more possibilities here.... and not that hard to get.

i like g2f even as non gfx guy... i love to play around few hours in converting some c64 pics... or ST pics... but to be honest... when do

"original" g2f pics appear? not just "ripp offs"?

it's really a shame that in year 25 (!!!) of atari computers we have now this tools like g2f and RMT and the possibilities of the net...

thanks tebe & raster for your tools & thanks to emkay,sack,dracon,pps,schmutzpuppe,jaskier,bryde,tmr and a lot who i have forgotten for bringing fresh blood into atari...

when do

"original" g2f pics appear? not just "ripp offs"?

"Patience is a virtue...All good things come to those that wait"

As for me, this day is going to happen and it will not be too late then... :wink:

I mean resuming work @ 4-PAC titlescreen... :D

P.S.  Emkay, what's your method for putting C64 screens into G2F ?  :roll:

Normally I try to convert the pictures into a 4 color bitmap. This time I tried to put the picture directly into G2F....so it was a "small" desaster, but nothing that was not to handle ;)

First I tried CCS64, but the Screenshot always looked like interlaced with black lines. Then I tried WinVice and used the screenshot function from Windows.

As far as I remember, Steve (Jack Boot Jack) said this as well...  :P   :D

Yeah, but the rest of you aren't getting rid of me that easily, i'm here until i run out of questions to ask about the hardware...! =-) (i wish JBJ'd come back to be honest, he really knows his stuff.)

Indeed TMR is more encouraged than some other Guys :wink:

Well ... I am not shure if all people are sharing my feelings... but:

There is a big difference between "old" XL Graphics Style and the G2F(MCS) Style.

Former I saw 4 color graphics

With G2F now it is possible to create real "fun to view" Pictures with "active images" and you can view them via the original XL/XE hardware....

Absolutely incredible :)

in another thread we have learned that archer maclean used pm overlays in international karate as well... so some small genious used overlays in the past as well...

dracon, tmr

i am searching new job at the moment so my pation for coding & reviewing is little bit low... i am sorry for that... ;) but i havent forget 4pac & review.

Hi all,

Thanks for the GED info Dracon, to be honest I never found the colour cells as the author termed them particularly easy to work with, I had assumed in the past that all the registers could be changed per scanline in the DLI routine i.e. PMG positions/size and the colour registers etc. although I never knew why anyone didn't attempted it, I did notice the PMGs on the International Karate backdrops and games like Henrys House was a total DLI fest... anyway, G2F is certainly more flexible in its uses than GED, not to mention the extra colour register in Graphics 12 mode rather than Antic E, but the fact that it is a nice Windows based utility makes life very much easier indead. being able to load BMPs directly into G2F is just great, it's a fantastic piece of coding :)

I agree with Heaven/TQA that there is mainly "rip-off" picture conversions using the program so far, although it is a good way to get your head into the utility atempting to reproduce the C64 originals. There will be creativity to follow!

Anyhow, I have posted some of my "rip-offs" below ;) I have several of my own work on the go which I will post when they are completed.

At long last many of my designs that I had planned on paper years ago using "split" PMGs and DLIs will see the light of day!

completed_g2fs.zip

tezz...cool stuff.... i even downloaded few weeks ago rambo to play around... ;)

but arnie rocks! ;) total recall has style...

just to point it in the right way... i love kind of rip offs and they are as you mentioned the learning material to create (later) unbelievable great pics on a8...

I agree with Heaven/TQA that there is mainly "rip-off" picture conversions using the program so far, although it is a good way to get your head into the utility atempting to reproduce the C64 originals. There will be creativity to follow!

Well... I know 2 pictures that were fully done in G2F ;)

And... The Total Recall Picture is very good.

Thanks for the response :) Patching pics into the games was someting I was gonna ask about myself, that would be great to see! I have Koronis Rift partly done by the way.. I would love to see the Arknoid pic added on to the A8 version. I supose it would be a walk in the park for most of you guys to do this ;)

If anyone wants the G2Fs for all my pics I can post them, perhaps Tebe can include them with the download of G2F or perhaps someone can simply do something with them rather than them sitting on my hard drive.

After using G2F for some time now, a few additional features could make the editing process much quicker. It would be nice to have a few basic drawing tools in zoom mode such as brush sizes, PF col fill and the ability to set to DLI and Sprite positions whilst in zoom mode, that would make editing much quicker than pixel by pixel (although most of the time this is the way you need to edit most sections). A good tip for anyone converting from BMPs is to force the colour that is not used with one one the other four as the inverse colour. The BMP conversion appears to choose the least used colour in the picture as the inverse. I generally split the screen into 5 colour sections and add large blocks of the most used colours in empty regions of the screen and then edit them out later. this way I can determin which of the colour registers are assigned to each particular colour within the BMP. the remaining sections/colours can then be completed with clever use of PMGs. the cut and paste is very handy to put the sections back together as this copies all the dli and sprite data in the selected region. another excellent feature... Talking of which, I wonder if it would be possible in future revisions to be able to select PF and/or PMGs when using copy and paste that would be very useful.

Hope that helps someone .... or at least makes sense?

;)

I look forward to seeing some new G2Fs posted soon.

It would be nice to have a few basic drawing tools in zoom mode such as brush sizes.

It's already done. :) Just select that mode without PMG objects (PREVIEW/GFX) - then in ZOOM mode you can select several brushes. 8)

Thanx for your advices on converting images - it may come in handy of course.

I'm still looking forward to your promised pictures in *.G2F format. :roll:

It would be nice to have a few basic drawing tools in zoom mode such as brush sizes.

It's already done. :) Just select that mode without PMG objects (PREVIEW/GFX) - then in ZOOM mode you can select several brushes. 8)

Thanx for your advices on converting images - it may come in handy of course.

I'm still looking forward to your promised pictures in *.G2F format. :roll:

It would be a big advantage for this "brush" function when it was possible to edit the "stamp".