IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

yeah, nice result u got this time... :)

As TeBe said in the past, you gotta use JAKUB.ACT pallette instead of that default one from A800Win emulator (and color should match better somehow) That's because it's much closer to the color pallette from real hardware.... as he stated.....

To the people still interested in developing G2F:

- please do prepare a clear wish-list (with good suggestions, reasons) and post it here and/or directly to the Graph2fnt author (his e-mail is given on the G2F webpage). 8)

another one done in 20 minutes (not perfect and work in progress...)

unfortunatly atari800win shows different colours... tebe, when do both have same palettes?

Ich glaube, das Bild ist so unmöglich fertig zu stellen.

Mal ein Tipp: Die "Hintergrundfarbe" sollte nie 710 oder 711 sein.

The best way to edit screens is to use 708 and 709 as "resolution filters".

So chose the colors with the widest areas on the screen for 708/709...

710/711 can filter the resolution of the PM graphics. For the best use of those "block" colors just try to search for colors with a minimum distance...

By using PMg: Start using player 4 first... then P3 ...P2 ...P1

While P1 has the highest priority and you need to put some more colors over there, you can simply go on by overlaying the players. To use P4 above P1 is a big mess...

;)

yeah, nice result u got this time... :)

As TeBe said in the past, you gotta use JAKUB.ACT pallette instead of that default one from A800Win emulator (and color should match better somehow) That's because it's much closer to the color pallette from real hardware.... as he stated.....

To the people still interested in developing G2F:

- please do prepare a clear wish-list (with good suggestions, reasons) and post it here and/or directly to the Graph2fnt author (his e-mail is given on the G2F webpage).  8)

Yes... Jakub.act is the best pallette. And when "apply adjustment" is set, black will be really black .-)

another day...another WIP... this time bankog knights... very easy to convert but i have to paint a lot of pixels which where reduced away....

and i haven't used yet the pm overlays... just dlis

it's really relaxing g2f'ing...

Yes... there is really much to do ;)

(Original C64 Screenshot)

bangkok_knights_01.gif

Heaven. Please keep in Mind that this thread is about 10 Pages big already. So please post only finished pictures... thanks.

yup. but i thought it might be interesting for startes (like me...) how a g2f conversion looks like in progress... same method like your POKEY stuff... not for everybody interesting but ok... ;)

OK. But there is one little difference. With G2F you can always finish your "enhancing" project :wink:

Hey everyone,

I've attached some of my promised G2fs for you all. I've Ziped 'em up with PNGs of the G2F files for quick viewing under Windows. I hope that someone will use them for something interesting such as adding them onto the actual A8 version of the games. Arkanoid as I remember was only 32K? maybe this could be added as a single execuatable.... anyway, here's some info relating to the pictures themselves...

Beyond the ice palace was a picture that I liked a lot and appeared possible. It took 4-5 hours to complete.

Rambo was quite difficult to reproduce but I eventually worked out a way. I managed to include some DLI shading on the Ocean logo which I was happy with :)

The Total Recall picture was another favorite, the difficult part of course was the spectrum of light. In fact it took a good few hours to work out the best way to match the original, enlarged PMGs were not possible because of the fine detail required. One quad sized PMG makes up the light shade on the face.

The Tetris picture was a simple C64 conversion with some basic DLIs used to colour the title. The original was quite nicely drawn in only 3 shades. It's a good example of what you can achive using a limited pallette. I suppose this could easily be enhanced with more colours etc but it's a nice pic as it stands.

The Airwolf2 picture was another simple conversion. It's good to start using G2F with such pics.

Arkanoid was deceptive. It looks quite simple to do at first. It took a bit of forethought to eventually work out how to do this. The dark shade and the white shade are rarely together so I chose the white as the inverse and used quad sized PMGs to complete the white sections. I removed all the white from the BMP to show only background and then painted this in by hand after converting

Well that's it, I've got some original G2F artwork to upload shortly, hope you all like them. I totally agree with Heaven/TQA, working on G2F is extremely relaxing. I totally enjoy working with it.

Keep up the good work everyone, feel free to use the pics anywhere!!

:)

tezz_completed_g2f.zip

tezz, very well done... they are excellent examples how to do it... i was suprised about total recall and rambo how much pm overlays you have used... (is it not pm "underlays"???)

tetris is a masterpiece in art...

i am not an artist but i can imagine what "real" artist will do with this little tool... sad that an amiga / ST version was not available in 1985-1987...

tezz, would it be possible to post a zip with the original gfx files and the ones you converted and started to import in g2f? i am still not sure what the best way is to prepare images even i found here many useful tips.

Hi all,

Heaven/TQA wrote: "... (is it not pm "underlays"???)"

Yes! I guess underlays is a more acurate description.

....."sad that an amiga / ST version was not available in 1985-1987... "

Yes I couldn't agree more, I always wanted to create these pictures back in the machines hay-day. I bought my 800XL in 1984-85. The C64s active commercial scene and the massive demo scene really showed a machine of similar ilk being pushed whilst the A8 wasn't. I did manage to produce some artwork with DLIs back then around 89-90 with my own much simpler routines but always strugled with timing issues. I wonder why no one released an Antic E drawing tool with basic DLIs? I used to use Graphics Art Department a lot, that was nice to use but unfortunately in the chunkier mode. A freind of mine who went on the work for companies such as Ocean producing graphics for the C64 like Terminator2 produced a lot of great artwork with this.

...."would it be possible to post a zip with the original gfx files and the ones you converted and started to import in g2f? i am still not sure what the best way is to prepare images even i found here many useful tips"

Yes no problem, I'll do that later tonight...

:D @ Dracon....hehe, that's a coincidence.

Here is the 'fort' from Raster.

I've worked 2.5 hours on it last evening.

(see also pic, or download the g2f in the ZIP)

@ TEBE

It would be nice if the 5th player (color PF3) can be enabled in a newer version of g2f. As you can see in the picture below, there's still a missile bug