IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

31 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240411_161311.thumb.jpg.789adac0ead68e179a7ca1adc0fd420f.jpg

Here's the loose cart I got recently.  It's a good game.  I don't get that far.  But it's still fun to play.  At first the cart didn't work.  The screen was glitchy.  Then the loading failed message appeared.  After repositioning the cart it worked fine.  

I like this version of Frogger some people don’t care for it. Game play is fun! I guess I’m just use to this version.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

@the_rogue_1 You have some great picks! Now be careful! What you have to do here is hop down the road, get across the river. You’ll find yourself in the jungle. If you make it through the jungle. Jump in an X-WING and start shooting down some TIE Fighters!

GOOD LUCK! 😆

I like this.  It's great.  And it would be cool to see Frogger pilot an X-Wing.  Lol.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:

Up to 6, if you want to include the PlayStation polygon versions. (Counting Future Cop:LAPD)

I wasn’t aware of these! Thank You! What were the other titles?

(Edit) Wow! I just checked out a review of Future Cop LAPD it looks great! I’ll have to add this one to my collection.👍

Edited by MrChickenz

It’s in the wiki, under games, but I will include it below.

Soviet Strike 1996 PlayStation, Sega Saturn, PlayStation Network
Nuclear Strike 1997 PlayStation, PC, Nintendo 64, PlayStation Network

I only played Future Cop:LAPD, and beat it. I can vouch for it being great. The other two PSX games I haven’t played (or maybe just a few minutes). I was kind of over the Strike series with Urban Strike, and felt the series peaked with Jungle Strike. I hadn’t even realized that Future Cop was part of the Strike series until years later.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240411_161311.thumb.jpg.789adac0ead68e179a7ca1adc0fd420f.jpg

Here's the loose cart I got recently.  It's a good game.  I don't get that far.  But it's still fun to play.  At first the cart didn't work.  The screen was glitchy.  Then the loading failed message appeared.  After repositioning the cart it worked fine.  

I like this version, it's a decent arcade port. The Starpath Supercharger port was better obviously. How many people actually own one these days thou. Can't see the 2600+ supporting it...EVER! lol

• Like 2

10 hours ago, the_rogue_1 said:

A good friend of mine was visiting family in Texas and brought me these nuggets back to Germany. (The Genesis cart was an accidental buy and only 6$.)

521d786d-e180-4cf3-ba62-0de7502431ac.jpeg

I stopped at my local retro shop after work today. They store their loose Genesis games to the left of the entrance door. What's the first game that catches my eye when I walk in to the shop? Jungle Strike! I did see your post earlier in the day, so I just had to get it. And then I see the Star Wars Arcde Game, and I grab that too, and top it off with Strawberry Shortcake (I already have 3 or 4 Frogger carts).

I get home and clean and try the games. All is good until the Stat Wars cart...

It's a Colecovision cart 😪 In my excitement,  I didn't look at it close enough. Pretty sure the shop will take it back, but I was pretty stoked about finding a decently priced SWTAG.

Anyone want to buy a Colecovision Star Wars the Arcade Game, let me know before I take it back .

20240412_211919.jpg

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

I stopped at my local retro shop after work today. They store their loose Genesis games to the left of the entrance door. What's the first game that catches my eye when I walk in to the shop? Jungle Strike! I did see your post earlier in the day, so I just had to get it. And then I see the Star Wars Arcde Game, and I grab that too, and top it off with Strawberry Shortcake (I already have 3 or 4 Frogger carts).

It's a Colecovision cart 😪 In my excitement,  I didn't look at it close enough. Pretty sure the shop will take it back, but I was pretty stoked about finding a decently priced SWTAG.

Anyone want to buy a Colecovision Star Wars the Arcade Game, let me know before I take it back .

20240412_211919.jpg

Ouch, those tricky ColecoVision carts.  PB in their wisdom, geez.  I've tried to warn people about that one.  Don't need one myself, sorry.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Ouch, those tricky ColecoVision carts.  PB in their wisdom, geez.  I've tried to warn people about that one.  Don't need one myself, sorry.

It's all good. I've got Jungle Strike on my Nomad now (and StrawberryShortcake also works fine on the 2600+, lol)! 

20240412_220601.jpg

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 3

IMG_20240412_210034080.thumb.jpg.3798e93e2c8c6b773865fe0e5416f12e.jpg

My son and I are testing out some games from Germany!

The first one is Motorcross.

It's okay.  Playable!!! Some of these weird games from far away... He seems to like it... But when I asked him he said... "This game is so bad!"

We'll try some more.

IMG_20240412_210511998.thumb.jpg.da04c8753f0387a0ab5cfe8e2d45272c.jpg

😁

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

20240412_211919.jpg

I don't remember anymore which version I was trying to get, but I bought a copy of Star Wars The Arcade game on ebay that ended up being the c64 Port. I don't have a c64, but I decided to keep it anyways because I'm a Star Wars nut. lol

You can always tell the Colecovision one by the khaki background color. The 2600 port is grey. 

I've got 4 versions of it so far. It was my favorite arcade game as a kid. 

Colecovision (My favorite port)

Commodore 64

• Like 3

17 hours ago, shane857 said:

I like this version, it's a decent arcade port. The Starpath Supercharger port was better obviously. How many people actually own one these days thou. Can't see the 2600+ supporting it...EVER! lol

I never had a Starpath Supercharger but I've heard of it.  Also, it would be nice if the 2600+ supported it.  Most likely this won't happen.  Unless some kind of an adapter comes out.

• Like 2

I have one final classic cart in the post to me right now. I've decided, for now, not to get Star Wars Arcade, Frogger 2 or Up n Down, probably the final three I'm interested in that I don't own. Perhaps if I saw a super cheap price down the line, otherwise I'll just play them on my Harmony Cart on OG hardware. 

My final cart isn't rare, but it is complete in box, hopefully it will arrive in a week or so, I'll share it then. 

It's been great reading and participating in this thread, and I'll continue to do so, but soon without any more new to me classic carts. 😊

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

IMG_20240412_210034080.thumb.jpg.3798e93e2c8c6b773865fe0e5416f12e.jpg

My son and I are testing out some games from Germany!

The first one is Motorcross.

It's okay.  Playable!!! Some of these weird games from far away... He seems to like it... But when I asked him he said... "This game is so bad!"

We'll try some more.

IMG_20240412_210511998.thumb.jpg.da04c8753f0387a0ab5cfe8e2d45272c.jpg

😁

I have this too,  it's quite good, a little tricky. 

I too love these weird lesser known releases. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

IMG_20240413_114242682.thumb.jpg.9ae285a82260e6849f035ae9d22b175d.jpg

It's been almost two decades since I first saw this cart label on the AtariAge search index.... 20 years since that lmao...  And here it is in my hands!

My son and I played it last night ... And we admit we had no idea what we were doing.

If you don't have anything to do for two minutes of your life... I recorded some of the experience...

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 4