IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

54 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Shark Attack had 3 label variations.

IMG_0155.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0152.webp

Of those three, I like the Lockjaw label the most for some reason. The other two labels look good too though. 

Edited by Plumbob
Grammar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Hot take:

Lost luggage is better than Kaboom!💁🏻😋

(I don't really like Kaboom!). 

I like both games.  Kaboom is more difficult for me.  But I still enjoy it.  It's one I want to get but I don't have any paddles yet.  I did preorder the stand alone pack.  Once that comes, I can start playing some paddle games such as Kaboom.  Also, Lost Luggage is like a clone of Kaboom.  And, it seems like Lost Luggage could've been a paddle game with how it controls.  

• Like 2

I picked up Shark Attack a couple of years ago. I really enjoy the game. I have since seen reviews on the game some say they don’t like the game because they keep getting stuck on the walls. I believe it’s meant to play like that because you dive deep into the murky darkness of Davey Jones’ Locker and enter the shark infested maze of kelp beds!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

I like both games.  Kaboom is more difficult for me.  But I still enjoy it.  It's one I want to get but I don't have any paddles yet.  I did preorder the stand alone pack.  Once that comes, I can start playing some paddle games such as Kaboom.  Also, Lost Luggage is like a clone of Kaboom.  And, it seems like Lost Luggage could've been a paddle game with how it controls.  

But Kaboom! doesn't feature underwear. 🤣

Although Lost Luggage came after Kaboom! and no doubt exists because of it, wasn't Kaboom! a rip off of the arcade game Avalanche?

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrChickenz said:

I picked up Shark Attack a couple of years ago. I really enjoy the game. I have since seen reviews on the game some say they don’t like the game because they keep getting stuck on the walls. I believe it’s meant to play like that because you dive deep into the murky darkness of Davey Jones’ Locker and enter the shark infested maze of kelp beds!

Yeah it gets destroyed in reviews. I think it's pretty good too. 🤟🏻

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

But Kaboom! doesn't feature underwear. 🤣

True.  Lol.

21 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Although Lost Luggage came after Kaboom! and no doubt exists because of it, wasn't Kaboom! a rip off of the arcade game Avalanche?

I'm not sure if it's a rip off of the arcade game Avalanche.  It might be.  By the way, there is a 2600 homebrew of Avalanche.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

True.  Lol.

I'm not sure if it's a rip off of the arcade game Avalanche.  It might be.  By the way, there is a 2600 homebrew of Avalanche.

Yeah a Champ Games one isn't it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Hot take:

Lost luggage is better than Kaboom!💁🏻😋

(I don't really like Kaboom!). 

I like Eggomania more than Kaboom!  You know, I might like Lost Luggage more too.  Something about having a terrorist's suitcase bomb going off and killing you is quite exciting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I like Eggomania more than Kaboom!  You know, I might like Lost Luggage more too.  Something about having a terrorist's suitcase bomb going off and killing you is quite exciting.

My copy of Eggomania is the only game in my collection that I can't get to work. 😒

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

Only when it happens in a video game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2024 at 2:56 PM, JetmanUK said:

I replaced my PAL Chopper Command with the NTSC one a while ago and noticed just how much nicer it is. I'm slowly doing this for most of my Activision carts as their PAL games are the worst. Slow, compromised colours and large borders. Yuck. 

Robot Tank plays okay - of course I can’t play my NTSC one to compare, but…😅

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

NTSC version works fine...

NTSC Robot Tank.jpeg

With better colours and a larger screen... only if you can upgrade your firmware though, Sean is stuck on the factory one.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

20240420_130355.thumb.jpg.5a764ad4c85541f511a9c0d4b1c57385.jpg

Here are the 4 games that arrived today. They all work fine.  

Bowling (Telegames) is one I always liked.  It's a classic.  Too bad there were not more bowling games on Atari.

Dragon Fire is good.  Using the gamepad makes it easier to play.  I can get farther.  

Squeeze Box is interesting.  I don't think I ever played it before until now.  

Turmoil is a fun shooter.  I'm glad it has auto fire.  

• Like 5