IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

3 minutes ago, TampaBay said:

I forgot to ask, I'm not sure if it was a while ago that you've been, but do you remember if they said the games were tested / working, or if they have an Atari set up to test? 

They did have old school Nintendo's set up to test Nintendo cartridges. 

I'm just asking because if they don't have an Atari 2600, I may pick up a 2600+ and just bring it over there with the portable gaming setup I have (it's a battery pack that can power both the console and a 15" portable monitor I have).   This way I can test cartridges on the spot.  Though if they need a cleaning, that's a whole other story.

-----

For those with a 2600+, I assume the power requirements are similar to a Flashback, I'll have to check.  If it is, and you're ever interested in getting it portable, it's pretty awesome to be able to bring it anywhere and not worry about a power outlet.  I can use the setup below for my Flashback 9 running Nexus so I can play all Atari consoles and Atari 8-bit computers, arcade games, Sega consoles, Sony Playstation, etc. on my Flashback.  The guys on Atari Age (that's you @rocketfan ! ) who put this together have done some incredible work with the Flashback!  (Some photos below, I know not directly related to the 2600+, but I have to give these guys credit for putting this together).  Sorry for getting off-topic a bit, but I wanted to mention it in case any of you have an Flashback laying around and weren't aware it was capable of all this.

Atari Consoles and 8-bit computers you can play:

3.thumb.jpg.8715bcb315d9cd1e30410004ebebca70.jpg

Bruce Lee for Atari 800:

4.thumb.jpg.77201720e74f699019c4ffbf6bb7dcc7.jpg

Space Harrier II on Sega Genesis:

5.thumb.jpg.1a6ee65f522546efbab12dd6020fbc2d.jpg

Gran Turismo on Sony Playstation:

6.thumb.jpg.016bbd6560e4c827ad7618df7da1f118.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.c3c6765a80f0ceff4f272617d60f9e8f.jpg

Jungle Hunt on Arcade:

8.thumb.jpg.7b50334a353bc015dc9dc91a011bb340.jpg

Gauntlet on Arcade:

9.thumb.jpg.5dcc7c49f962174dd419b820a2e8cc2d.jpg

I didn't know about this.  It's interesting.  I used to have a FB9.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intellivision Master said:

I didn't know about this.  It's interesting.  I used to have a FB9.

It's pretty incredible.  You download one zip file, install it on a USB thumb drive, and plug it in.  That's pretty much it, apart from the one-time installation of the custom firmware which take 2 minutes to install.  It works on any Flashback from 9 to the current ones (I believe the Flashback 12 Gold is the latest).  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TampaBay said:

I forgot to ask, I'm not sure if it was a while ago that you've been, but do you remember if they said the games were tested / working, or if they have an Atari set up to test? 

They did have old school Nintendo's set up to test Nintendo cartridges. 

I'm just asking because if they don't have an Atari 2600, I may pick up a 2600+ and just bring it over there with the portable gaming setup I have (it's a battery pack that can power both the console and a 15" portable monitor I have).   This way I can test cartridges on the spot.  Though if they need a cleaning, that's a whole other story.

-----

For those with a 2600+, I assume the power requirements are similar to a Flashback, I'll have to check.  If it is, and you're ever interested in getting it portable, it's pretty awesome to be able to bring it anywhere and not worry about a power outlet.  I can use the setup below for my Flashback 9 running Nexus so I can play all Atari consoles and Atari 8-bit computers, arcade games, Sega consoles, Sony Playstation, etc. on my Flashback.  The guys on Atari Age (that's you @rocketfan ! ) who put this together have done some incredible work with the Flashback!  (Some photos below, I know not directly related to the 2600+, but I have to give these guys credit for putting this together).  Sorry for getting off-topic a bit, but I wanted to mention it in case any of you have an Flashback laying around and weren't aware it was capable of all this.

Atari Consoles and 8-bit computers you can play:

3.thumb.jpg.8715bcb315d9cd1e30410004ebebca70.jpg

Bruce Lee for Atari 800:

4.thumb.jpg.77201720e74f699019c4ffbf6bb7dcc7.jpg

Space Harrier II on Sega Genesis:

5.thumb.jpg.1a6ee65f522546efbab12dd6020fbc2d.jpg

Gran Turismo on Sony Playstation:

6.thumb.jpg.016bbd6560e4c827ad7618df7da1f118.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.c3c6765a80f0ceff4f272617d60f9e8f.jpg

Jungle Hunt on Arcade:

8.thumb.jpg.7b50334a353bc015dc9dc91a011bb340.jpg

Gauntlet on Arcade:

9.thumb.jpg.5dcc7c49f962174dd419b820a2e8cc2d.jpg

They did not have a 2600 set up when I was there. I prefer to clean my carts before plugging them in to the Plus, and the way they have them stored there, they definitely needed a cleaning. Not sure if you want clean them while you're over there. All of the carts I got from them worked once cleaned, and if you buy more then 10, they'll let you have them for $3 a piece.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TampaBay said:

It's pretty incredible.  You download one zip file, install it on a USB thumb drive, and plug it in.  That's pretty much it, apart from the one-time installation of the custom firmware which take 2 minutes to install.  It works on any Flashback from 9 to the current ones (I believe the Flashback 12 Gold is the latest).  

I will have to look at the Flashback mod. I have one laying around, just not sure what version it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I never heard of that one.  Is it a sequel?  Lol.

Nah, it is a hack. Carrier bought the rights to the game and had the graphics altered. You are now an HVAC repairman going after drops of sweat.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

They did not have a 2600 set up when I was there. I prefer to clean my carts before plugging them in to the Plus, and the way they have them stored there, they definitely needed a cleaning. Not sure if you want clean them while you're over there. All of the carts I got from them worked once cleaned, and if you buy more then 10, they'll let you have them for $3 a piece.

OK awesome, thanks.  That's a good call about making sure their carts are clean before plugging them in.  I'll probably just buy them and clean them at home, and let them know if any aren't working (not sure they'll care 😀 ).   I live literally 5 minutes from the flea market, so it's not hard to head back if I need to.

51 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

Got three more games today. Time to slow it down some again.

20240426_172218.jpg

I had an NTSC Space Shuttle boxed. The box is gone, the manual exists and some overlays for the switches... 6er, 4er, Jr

Sesrching for +.................😉

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I had an NTSC Space Shuttle boxed. The box is gone, the manual exists and some overlays for the switches... 6er, 4er, Jr

Sesrching for +.................😉

I will have to look for the overlays (images) for the 4 and 6 switches.

After deciding to lay off picking up carts for a while I've ended up with this lot 😁. They're all working apart from Tac Scan. I've cleaned it plenty of times, tried the paddles in both ports etc and the game refuses to start. It loads up with no problems but all I ever get is the start screen.

20240428_173810.jpg

20240428_173926.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Kuff Dam said:

After deciding to lay off picking up carts for a while I've ended up with this lot 😁. They're all working apart from Tac Scan. I've cleaned it plenty of times, tried the paddles in both ports etc and the game refuses to start. It loads up with no problems but all I ever get is the start screen.

20240428_173810.jpg

20240428_173926.jpg

Tac Scan works with experimental FW and Paddle in port 1!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kuff Dam said:

20240428_173810.jpg

20240428_173926.jpg

Great haul!

So far, which game has been the most fun?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kuff Dam said:

20240428_173810.jpg

20240428_173926.jpg

Great selection of games. I have only 3 of these. Sub Scan, Mountain King and Miner 2049er. Out of the 3, I prefer Sub Scan and Miner 2049er. Mountain King is a great game...very difficult thou.

• Like 2

@Kuff Dam said, After deciding to lay off picking up carts for a while I've ended up with this lot 😁.

You should really layoff for awhile and see what you come up with next! Lol!

So not sure if you tried the fire button on one of the paddles plugged into the left controller port for TacScan. That’s how you start the game.

Mine works I just couldn’t play and video capture at the same time! Experimental Update!

and that’s my score @Kuff Dam I haven’t played in awhile. Great game and great picks you have there!

As @DEANJIMMY just mentioned in his post “working”. I didn’t catch that till after my post

IMG_0264.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 4

Here you see a lovely cartridge called Space Trip, which is an alternative release of Gas Hog🤙

But where is the PCB😱

The seller said, he recently found a lose PCB... if he'll find it again and test it to be be working and the right one, he'll send it to me.

Otherwise I'll have to return it😥

20240430_184406.jpg

20240430_184420.jpg

20240430_184425.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Here you see a lovely cartridge called Space Trip, which is an alternative release of Gas Hog🤙

But where is the PCB😱

The seller said, he recently found a lose PCB... if he'll find it again and test it to be be working and the right one, he'll send it to me.

Otherwise I'll have to return it😥

20240430_184406.jpg

20240430_184420.jpg

20240430_184425.jpg

Oh no! I hope this gets sorted, and another Gas Hog is always welcome. I'll check out the ROM, I'm curious if it's hacked in any way or if it's just a different label on the cart. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, onto my CIB game, yes I ordered another game...

This game may feature in my RTFM games topic too as I have tried the ROM previously and just felt infuriated with it. Hoping the included manual may shed some light and the game will reveal itself as good. 

The game is Golf. I wasn't after a CIB copy but as it was super cheap, £6.49, it was too good to miss.

The caveat? Well, my copy features a hole, no not a hole in one, a hole in two!

There's a hole in the front of the box, OK 🤷🏻. Sadly what I didn't realise is that it goes through to the manual too. 🤦🏻 Luckily I don't think much information is missing. So it's complete, but not quite complete. 

🤷🏻🤣

I'm going to try this game out shortly, let's see if it's any good. 

IMG_20240501_194708.jpg

IMG_20240501_143548.jpg

IMG_20240501_143617.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5