IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

3 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

My Dark Cavern hasn't arrived yet. 

I like the look of Laser Gates, and I've been keeping an eye out for an affordable cart.

I've ordered some more carts including Jawbreaker and Robotron 2084, so lots to look forward to 

Yeah Laser Gates is pricey, mine wasnt too bad from Germany though, well, depends on what 'not bad' means. 🤣 Comparitively.  

I have Jawbreaker and Robotron, both good. 🤟🏻

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

New cart day!  A few new ones on me.  I think the M-Network are not working though?

I have just checked my collection. 

I have Frogs and Flies, Armor Ambush, Tron Deadly Discs, Football, Astroblast -All in the same style cartridge, all work on the 2600 Plus. The Football one (an American Football game,) is temperamental, but that's an issue with the contacts that is visible.  

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I have Frogs and Flies, Armor Ambush, Tron Deadly Discs, Football, Astroblast -All in the same style cartridge, all work on the 2600 Plus. The Football (an American Football game,) is temperamental, but that's an issue with the contacts that is visible.  

Thank heavens for that!

• Like 1

I thought I'd share some more purchases, these from before Christmas. I have used the eBay pics from the listings to save me taking new ones. Lazy I know. 🤷🏻😋🤣

I think Fantastic Voyage and Carnival in particular and both really good. Recommended! 

IMG_20240102_202151.jpg

IMG_20240102_202047.jpg

IMG_20240102_202025.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-02-20-15-45-646_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-02-20-14-59-304_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

I have Frogs and Flies, Armor Ambush, Tron Deadly Discs, Football, Astroblast -All in the same style cartridge, all work on the 2600 Plus. The Football one (an American Football game,) is temperamental, but that's an issue with the contacts that is visible.  

Okay great to hear.  I'm sure I heard something about them having problems but must have just been some specific games.

I'm currently reading Once Upon Atari: How I made history by killing an industry by Howard Scott Warshaw, the creator of Yar's Revenge, The Raiders of the Lost Ark, and ET for Atari. I own the first two games, but I just bought ET (with manual) on ebay so I can enjoy the full trio. (My ebay purchase has not arrived yet. Fingers crossed that all is well with that.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I haven't shared the huge amount of carts I've purchased so far, perhaps I'll post some highlights, but today lots arrived at once. This is three eBay purchases, one from Germany, one from the USA, and a collectable from here in the UK.

Yes, I bought a double ender! 😬🤣

I have only tried Frankenstein's Monster, a little tricky to line up in the slot, but cool to own. I'd love an original but they are too expensive. 

IMG_20240102_181113.jpg

IMG_20240102_181139.jpg

IMG_20240102_181210.jpg

IMG_20240102_185559.jpg

Here's my uodate on these carts.

Some took a few cleans, Gas Hog, you were very troublesome! But now they all work... apart from one - Burger Time.

It reads the cart but I just get glitchy audio and lines on the screen. Hoping this is the emulation/dumper and it's sorted soon. 

I'll hook up the old woody and check if the cart loads ok on that. 

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE

It works fine on the woody. 

Edited by JetmanUK
Update of an update, of course.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glorkbot said:

I'm currently reading Once Upon Atari: How I made history by killing an industry by Howard Scott Warshaw, the creator of Yar's Revenge, The Raiders of the Lost Ark, and ET for Atari. I own the first two games, but I just bought ET (with manual) on ebay so I can enjoy the full trio. (My ebay purchase has not arrived yet. Fingers crossed that all is well with that.)

Fun book, I've been slowly reading as well.  I still need to get Raiders.

16 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Here's my uodate on these carts.

Some took a few cleans, Gas Hog, you were very troublesome! But now they all work... apart from one - Burger Time.

It reads the cart but I just get glitchy audio and lines on the screen. Hoping this is the emulation/dumper and it's sorted soon. 

I'll hook up the old woody and check if the cart loads ok on that. 

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE

It works fine on the woody. 

I'm pretty sure BurgerTime has been mentioned as not working?? He-Man was another one, why I was thinking it might affect all M-Network, but maybe it's just some.  Maybe I dreamed it, I'm too lazy to search all the threads now, lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

But now they all work... apart from one - Burger Time.

BurgerTime is marked as failed on the compatibility list pdf.  Firmware Beta v1.1 doesn't resolve the issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

My Dark Cavern hasn't arrived yet. 

I like the look of Laser Gates, and I've been keeping an eye out for an affordable cart.

I've ordered some more carts including Jawbreaker and Robotron 2084, so lots to look forward to 

I am also waiting for Dark Cavern from the US.

Yesterday I played Dungeon Stalker 7800 and it was good fun!

Laser gates would be cool but prices are a bit high. Therefore I once bought Weltraumtunnel from Quelle (label with space shuttle other games have the same name). It is very similar, your ship maybe flickers less and some enemies have more colors in Laser Gates. Not sure if this relates to the PAL version too.

I use Atarimania for comparing roms before I buy. The speed difference PAL/NTSC could be seen for Dark Caverns and (Tron) Deadly discs very much. But shipping from US is often higher than the price of the game inside of EU.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I thought I'd share some more purchases, these from before Christmas. I have used the eBay pics from the listings to save me taking new ones. Lazy I know. 🤷🏻😋🤣

I think Fantastic Voyage and Carnival in particular and both really good. Recommended! 

IMG_20240102_202151.jpg

IMG_20240102_202047.jpg

IMG_20240102_202025.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-02-20-15-45-646_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-02-20-14-59-304_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

My Stargunner has got shipped from the UK😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Wow Starmaster (my copy?) is so finicky in a weird way with the 2600+ dumper. It often has trouble staying connected, or resetting when flipping color bw switch for map ! 🤔

Yeah some carts are very troublesome. It's mostly been the often talked about Activitision carts for me, but now my worst one is Gas Hog.

After my previous posts I switched between some of my new games and Gas Hog only seems to work if it's in a particular sweet spot in the slot. I have to put it in and then wiggle it out a little. It takes a few goes to get it working. Strangely any troublesome cart I have had has worked more consistently in my woody, but Gas Hog is even trickier to get working on my original hardware. These carts are very old, and who knows how they have been treated.

Atari, this is why we need more new games! 

• Like 2

Purchased this lot of loose carts as an untested loft find with a 2600 light sixer.  Had a lot of trouble with the Activision carts and resorted to adding foam to the Enduro as it just didn't seem stable in the slot.  Works great now on the 2600+

The boxed ones are a bit tatty but all working after serious cleaning . £20 of FB marketplace locally

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Wow Starmaster (my copy?) is so finicky in a weird way with the 2600+ dumper. It often has trouble staying connected, or resetting when flipping color bw switch for map ! 🤔

I’ve played it through once on the base difficulty level (okay I think I got clobbered, but it was a decent length session). I’ll give it another go just to be sure (and beat the baddies this time) as until my copy of Solaris arrives this is my Star Raiders stand-in 😉

Played Starmaster twice to completion on Ensign and Leader difficulty without incident, so my NTSC cart seems to be fine with the 2600+.

Marauder came in the post today:

Nice wee game. Thought I could do without instructions, but ran out of time hunting robots so I decided they were worth a look 😉

Challenge takes a few rounds to get noticeable and then the random starting location put me in the room with the core several times in a row, but I think being able to outrun enemy bullets is the main area where things could be improved. That’s my first Tigervision game since Jawbreaker I think. Threshold should be arriving soon as well, so I’m very curious about that 😊

IMG_0309.jpeg

Edited by Sean_1970
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, marmaliser said:

Purchased this lot of loose carts as an untested loft find with a 2600 light sixer.  Had a lot of trouble with the Activision carts and resorted to adding foam to the Enduro as it just didn't seem stable in the slot.  Works great now on the 2600+

The boxed ones are a bit tatty but all working after serious cleaning . £20 of FB marketplace locally

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

Nice find! There’s an antiques place near me I should have a rummage in to see if there’s anything of interest. Far as I know there’s no retro games shop in Glasgow, or possibly all of Scotland?

I'm starting my collection of 2600 games.  I ordered a few loose carts.

These are the ones I picked out: Battlezone, Demon Attack, Dig Dug, Lost Luggage & Mouse Trap.

I got these from a website called Retro Raven.  They have a nice selection of 2600 titles with some 7800 titles as well.  Their prices are good too.  By the way, they do sell complete in box games.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sean_1970 said:

Played Starmaster twice to completion on Ensign and Leader difficulty without incident, so my NTSC cart seems to be fine with the 2600+.

Marauder came in the post today:

Nice wee game. Thought I could do without instructions, but ran out of time hunting robots so I decided they were worth a look 😉

Challenge takes a few rounds to get noticeable and then the random starting location put me in the room with the core several times in a row, but I think being able to outrun enemy bullets is the main area where things could be improved. That’s my first Tigervision game since Jawbreaker I think. Threshold should be arriving soon as well, so I’m very curious about that 😊

IMG_0309.jpeg

I think Marauder is my number 1 favourite 2600 game 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

I'm starting my collection of 2600 games.  I ordered a few loose carts.

These are the ones I picked out: Battlezone, Demon Attack, Dig Dug, Lost Luggage & Mouse Trap.

I got these from a website called Retro Raven.  They have a nice selection of 2600 titles with some 7800 titles as well.  Their prices are good too.

Good find on the shop, I’m browsing now. If you put location as UK the site shows prices in £s. Postage for one cart was £15; well see how it looks with more. They have a few rare ones too!

• Like 1