IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

On 4/9/2024 at 4:31 AM, MrChickenz said:

Gravitar is insanely hard but I like it! I just recently purchased that one myself. I never had it back in the day!

I’m intrigued by the game and on the lockout for it but it’s hard to find here in Germany. There are some cartridges sold in the UK but shipping is more expensive than the game itself unfortunately.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

SEGA actually made some good games for the 2600! THUNDERGROUND was one of my favorites.

Congo Bongo you have there is in pretty good condition!

I actually like Congo Bongo 2600, even thou it only has 2 screens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Nice

Add this to your collection....

tmp_f0443ea7-e8b8-4613-8f70-60ba5bdc414b.jpeg

LOL - Already have it.  I have the entire collection made by Atari for the 7800.  Took me a few years, though.  Waiting to see what surprises you come up with!

Edited by Marc Fiorillo

On 4/10/2024 at 8:06 AM, the_rogue_1 said:

I’m intrigued by the game and on the lockout for it but it’s hard to find here in Germany. There are some cartridges sold in the UK but shipping is more expensive than the game itself unfortunately.

I played this on one of the Evercade collections and it’s actually more challenging than the arcade version I found. I can’t say I’d seek it out myself given I can play the arcade game in a couple places on my PS5 and the 2600 version on my Evercade VS, but I’d definitely pick it up if I saw it in a shop.

Same for the 2600 Centipede, which was surprisingly good given the basic visuals - I prefer it to the 7800 version, just because the play is smoother. Too many people seem to equate the 2600 with games like Outlaw, but there are very competent, if visually unimpressive arcade ports.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 7:05 PM, skorphy said:

I picked up an unopened copy of dig dug for the 7800 for $35 and maybe $5 shipping. Of course my 5 year old couldn't help himself and ripped it open as soon as it arrived. 😆

Smart boy! These games are for playing!😁

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, the_rogue_1 said:

This came in today. It took several re-inserts until the game was running on the 2600+. Looked better on my 130XE back in the days, but the essence of the game is there. 

IMG_2771.jpeg

I have that game but it has a different label.  Also, it took a couple tries to get the cart to work on the console.  Sometimes a cart has to be inserted a certain way then it's fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_rogue_1 said:

This came in today.

Wizard of Wor! Nice! This is one I picked up recently also. Never owned it before so it’s new to me. I like it! There are better versions but the game play is good! I believe it has cooperative play also! Not many games offer that for the 2600

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LS650 said:

Am I right in saying that in Wizard of Wor, single-player must use port #2, not port#1?

Yes on original hardware. But I'm not sure if that goes for the Atari 2600+. 

I'll have to try it again on the 2600+ and see if it's the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LS650 said:

Am I right in saying that in Wizard of Wor, single-player must use port #2, not port#1?

Not on the 2600+. It’s weird, you use the left joystick but control the character on the right in single player mode. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

Wizard of Wor! Nice! This is one I picked up recently also. Never owned it before so it’s new to me. I like it! There are better versions but the game play is good! I believe it has cooperative play also! Not many games offer that for the 2600

Yes, coop is why I wanted to get it in the first place. But friendly fire is always on, just like in Joust. 😅

5 hours ago, the_rogue_1 said:

Not on the 2600+. It’s weird, you use the left joystick but control the character on the right in single player mode. 🤷‍♂️

When I played it on the Plus, I had the controller on the left and the character was also the left one.  I must've been doing 2 player mode.  Next time, I'll do the single player mode with the controller on the right.