IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories Giveaway

Hello friends,

I am new here and awaiting approvals. But thanks for having me!

Now that Atari appears to own (or will soon) Intellivision. Can I beg and plead for a re-release of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Cloudy Mountain?? Ever since gaming vendors have started re-releasing old consoles I have been praying for an intellivision release with that title! I remember playing that game for hours. And I may be wrong, but I think it was one of the first games to introduce “distance audio”. Meaning the closer you got to the monster the louder they sounded until you took the wrong corner and realized you better run for you life..!! :)

• Like 8

On 5/26/2024 at 11:38 PM, Calliser said:

Hello friends,

I am new here and awaiting approvals. But thanks for having me!

Now that Atari appears to own (or will soon) Intellivision. Can I beg and plead for a re-release of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Cloudy Mountain?? Ever since gaming vendors have started re-releasing old consoles I have been praying for an intellivision release with that title! I remember playing that game for hours. And I may be wrong, but I think it was one of the first games to introduce “distance audio”. Meaning the closer you got to the monster the louder they sounded until you took the wrong corner and realized you better run for you life..!! :)

You can play that game on the INTV collection 2 cart for the Evercade.  

https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/intellivision-collection-2/

I have the collection on my Evercade console.  As well as the first one they did.

• Like 1

Hello Ben + ... my 2 cents on a few games

2600: I would love love love Lunar Lander (from Champ Games!) to be available on the 2600+.

Not sure if that's possible but would be great to re-charge 2600 with this! :) 

7800:  Would love to have something that works with the Driving Controllers.

How about Tempest, Arkanoid or Wipeout! Someone was working on the latter here in the forums and I'm sure Tempest would be great. If not those, then...

7800: Some other Vector based games.. a space game or better yet, BATTLEZONE!

• Like 8

2600 Reissues:
Beamrider (unlikely, I know)

7800 Reissues:
Alien Brigade
Ballblazer
Commando
Dark Chambers (or Dark Caverns)
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong (yeah, I know, unlikely)
DK Jr (also unlikely)
Ikari Warriors
Joust
Scrapyard Dog
Tower Toppler

New 7800:
Battlezone

Bosconian

Bubble Bobble (already an excellent homebrew)
Burger Time (there's already the excellent Beef Drop)

Tapper
Time Pilot

Qix

pretty much any of Bob's homebrew

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 10:10 PM, Kaboomer said:

Hello Ben + ... my 2 cents on a few games

2600: I would love love love Lunar Lander (from Champ Games!) to be available on the 2600+.

Not sure if that's possible but would be great to re-charge 2600 with this! :) 

7800:  Would love to have something that works with the Driving Controllers.

How about Tempest, Arkanoid or Wipeout! Someone was working on the latter here in the forums and I'm sure Tempest would be great. If not those, then...

7800: Some other Vector based games.. a space game or better yet, BATTLEZONE!

Tempest, Driving Controller, Yes!

Let Jeff Minter do a cool 7800 version🤙

The Yak rulez😊

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 8:36 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

I've been playing this a lot recently and its just sublime.

I have a email in my drafts for Capcom on this, but I keep avoiding sending it because I cant face the probable rejection.

18 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I see that Blaze announced their new Evecade Alpha product today, complete with yet another Capcom licence deal. Capcom will whore their games around anywhere...

To be honest, if it's this easy for Blaze to obtain this many Capcom license deals, you could send the email and obtain some licenses easily seeing how "Capcom will whore their games around anywhere", you could possibly obtain the license to port the first 6 Mega Man games, Ghosts n' Goblins (and possibly Ghouls n' Ghosts seeing how there's a Sega Master System port, so it's possible on the good ol' Atari 7800), 1942, 1943, Bionic Commando, Strider, and who knows what else to the Atari 7800. I mean if it's this easy to obtain Capcom licenses then just go for it. Plus, some Capcom games can help push sales of the Atari 2600+ since it's compatible with Atari 7800.

Edited by ThatVintageToaster
I just realized that it was a single email about 1942 (I think), not multiple emails. My Bad.
  • Like 1