IGNORED

MEGA-CONTEST! The Room 34 Adventure Challenge

Room 34

Room 34,

Great puzzle, I've wasted all afternoon. :)

The word puzzle was a real challenge, until my wife noticed something that gave me the clue to find the answer.

I'm currently at the Atari Box Art Mystery looking at the bat. Are all of the pictures sized to the same scale? I'm off to get my old boxes out of the rubbermaid tubs.

Chuck

Moycon,

This hint from Room 34 was very helpful. One of the threads is more helpful than the other, you'll know when you see it.

Since some of you are relatively new here, and may not have participated in the earlier contests put on by Pitfall Harry, to whom this contest certainly owes a debt of gratitude, here are the threads on them:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8433

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26364

Chuck

Oh yeah... I know the score with what you're refering to Chuck, just I haven't quite cracked it yet! :x

You see, I know what the trick is to the wordsearch... I just haven't been able to turn it into meaningful answers :roll:

Answer me this one Q though perhaps... the other 10 game titles... are they all in straight lines still?

This contest is messed up. I think I have nine more titles to find, but without a pattern or some serious clues I can't take it anywhere. I continue to find random words in the search that seem to have no bearing on the contest. Most of these words are longer than 3 three letters yet have no relevance to Atari games. I would trade my ability to win just to have the answer to this contest and ease my mind. I'm going mad staring at this thing. Please give us some real help on this thing.

I read through the Pitfall contest and to my surprise never even saw the solution to that word search posted. Nor did I ever see an answer written, would like some help there. Anyone? anyone?

The Evil Magician gazed into his prisms upon the gruesome scene in Grundle's lair. The remains of 171 wayward adventurers lay everywhere. Would no one else uncover the secret to Grundle's defeat?

Dismayed, the Evil Magician carefully inspected his inscription upon the wall of Grundle's lair, words of guidance for those who would dare take on the fearsome duck... er, dragon:

It's a good old-fashioned word search... but not quite! See if you can find all 26 game titles in the word search.

There's more than meets the eye in this puzzle. And once you've discovered the secret, you may find your way to the ultimate answer for this particular challenge. Enter that answer below.

"These words are true," the Evil Magician said to himself. "26 game titles, that is what they seek. Oh, 'tis true, there is more than meets the eye within this puzzle I have created. But I do not lie, 26 game titles they will find, and not one more."

Hmmmm I just noticed something very interesting about the puzzle layout itself... Altho I cant tell if it was intentional or what to do now that I've noticed it.

Still I'd like to take this time to thank Room 34.

It is very slow at work the past few days, and you have saved me from extreme boredom if nothing else!! :)

Still completely stuck the Word Search! :(

I have tried shifting rows, columns of various sizes, but nothing made sense. Even tried to exchange squares and rectangles, but no luck there too. :roll:

I guess I better wait for a few more clues... Or I'll get NUTS. :x

;)