IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Albert

What is the light orange background box with dark orange text that briefly appears below "View New Content" and "Messenger"? It doesn't happen all the time, its there for an instant and then its gone.

I have no idea, I've never seen that with Safari or Firefox.

It has quite a few lines of text in it (more than five I'd say). I'll see if I can make a movie with it in and then you can do a search on the text.

When you click on "My Posts" the number given at the top of the threads list isn't the number of posts its the number of threads you've posted in.

Yeah, I need to fix this, I'll be looking at it today. I modified an existing query in order to get this to work (the one that shows all a user's posts) and have to figure out how to elegantly change the header if we're doing a "My Posts" query instead.

..Al

What is the light orange background box with dark orange text that briefly appears below "View New Content" and "Messenger"? It doesn't happen all the time, its there for an instant and then its gone.

I have no idea, I've never seen that with Safari or Firefox.

It has quite a few lines of text in it (more than five I'd say). I'll see if I can make a movie with it in and then you can do a search on the text.

I've figured it out with the aid of a movie. Its the list of options in the RSS feed (the orange icon next to the "Messenger" text). I'm not going anywhere near that icon to trigger it though. Must be a browser render problem.

I'm now getting the following message at the top of each forum page?

Guest :  	 (Today, 6:21 PM)  Congratulations, you have successfully installed IP.Shoutbox!
Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Manage User Groups -> Edit a Group -> IP.Shoutbox TAB 

EDIT: Now it has gone :)

Chris

Edited by cd-w

I'm now getting the following message at the top of each forum page?

Guest :  	 (Today, 6:21 PM)  Congratulations, you have successfully installed IP.Shoutbox!
Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Manage User Groups -> Edit a Group -> IP.Shoutbox TAB 

EDIT: Now it has gone :)

Chris

I got the same thing to, what the heck is a shoutbox...weird (happened to me just after i posted something)

Can the Atari 2600 Pac-Man icon in the search box be replaced? I think it could be a bad omen...

Sure, I'll replace it with E.T. ;)

..Al

Facetious as you were trying to be, I think E.T. is a better choice. Both are infamous, but at least in E.T. you are actually searching for stuff.

Just had loads of this at the top of the page :-

Warning: xcache_isset() [function.xcache-isset]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classCacheXcache.php on line 92

Warning: xcache_isset() [function.xcache-isset]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classCacheXcache.php on line 92

Can the Atari 2600 Pac-Man icon in the search box be replaced? I think it could be a bad omen...

Sure, I'll replace it with E.T. ;)

..Al

Facetious as you were trying to be, I think E.T. is a better choice. Both are infamous, but at least in E.T. you are actually searching for stuff.

ET is an excellent choice!

Links leading off the site in new thread posts no longer seem to have the target="_blank" field in their anchor points.

That is intentional. If you want links to open in another window you should use your browser's capabilities for doing so. There have been many discussions about this on the Invision forums. :)

..Al

I'm not sure if it's possible to fix the old youtube tag. I did start a thread about it on the Invision forum but nobody's responded yet.

Since you can make automatic global changes to the forums, all you have to do is make the following changes.

Replace this:

[youtube]

With this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

And replace this:

[/youtube]

With this:

[/media]

Then all youtube tags would be converted to the new media tag and you wouldn't even need to bring back the youtube tag.

Since you can make automatic global changes to the forums, all you have to do is make the following changes.

Yes, I'm going to do that, but it needs to be done in at least two different tables and I have to be very careful when altering records directly in this fashion. Also, the bbcodes may not be stored in the database in this fashion so I need to do some digging first.

..Al

One of my blog categories is broken:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/54-planet-bob/page__tag__Playing...

The main blog overview page is totally fucked up as well. You only get to see 2-3 blogs on the screen without scrolling and you've no chance to follow any discussion in the comments anymore, unless you click through all blogs individually.

Just about everything on this page sucks:

blogs.jpg