IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Apparently relisted at a "reduced" price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131878915780

If it was in perfect condition someone would buy it for 499 those things are worth it. That box is so beat up you are going to have to give a discount if you want someone to buy it. It is unfortunate but that is the way it goes when something is not taken care of and looks as horrible as that.

How bad is that thing? The first sentence says photo is generic but they tested it. So they went through the hard work of testing it and want a premium price but they couldn't bother to give you exact picture of the item? Sounds like a huge scam to me.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is this "vintage" controller simply one taken from a ColecoVision Flashback? ->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colecovision-black-Coleco-Remote-wired-Controller-plug-vintage-Joystick-console-/252465591430

I guess if "vintage" now means "within the past two years", it's no wonder the thing looks like new.

Edited by mumbai
  • Like 3

Flipper Slipper CIB (Colecovision) TESTED!

I bid 94.00

Item condition:

Like New

Ended:

Jul 18, 2016 , 5:56PM

Winning bid:

US $205.50

Pretty high for this with no manual. Recent sales of other CIB haven't even been that much. Just glad I didn't have to spend 90 on it. No interest in a non CIB for that much.

Pretty high for this with no manual. Recent sales of other CIB haven't even been that much. Just glad I didn't have to spend 90 on it. No interest in a non CIB for that much.

The manual isn't impossible to obtain or even that costly (hint, hint) all things considered.

The three prior to this one went for approx. $125, $140, and $325 within the past week on eBay. That high one there was listed as "new" but that is a questionable claim, imho. The low one may have had the manual, but the box was in poorer state.

Now is not really the time to reasonably expect to win an auction for a modest price until the three or four bidders who are advancing their collections have decided to stop.

The manual isn't impossible to obtain or even that costly (hint, hint) all things considered.

The three prior to this one went for approx. $125, $140, and $325 within the past week on eBay. That high one there was listed as "new" but that is a questionable claim, imho. The low one may have had the manual, but the box was in poorer state.

Now is not really the time to reasonably expect to win an auction for a modest price until the three or four bidders who are advancing their collections have decided to stop.

I forgot that there were a few speed collectors out there right now that are building a CIB collection at any cost. They'll be done soon enough and lose interest. Seen it several times over the years. Just gotta wait them out.

One guy just went on a tear and OVERBID on everything I was bidding on...fuck em...he just spent a grand on 4 games total.

tool

Just another guy doing what all the politicians keep telling us what to do, "don't worry about the crumbling society around you, just keep going out shopping and spending all your hard earned money on frivolous stuff".

I say "good for the sellers", but eventually things will settle back down.

$205 doesn't seem out of line for this with a nice box. All the spectrevision titles used to seem to hardly ever show up in the boxes. Lately they seem to be up regularly.

I agree though if there are a few speed collectors...or even 1 right now then it's not the time to buy...that can massively cost you.

Sometimes I would go after games missing the manual since it could make them sell for so much less...like half.

Then pick it up later, or sometimes already have it. Doesn't seem like that was the case with this 1. I wonder if the winner even saw it was missing.

I tend to now pick up loose manuals for games I don't have just so I can hopefully get a deal later on a copy with only the box.

I know I did good doing this on learning fun 1 for the inty. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131872992347?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Same guy...once again blows me out of the water.. 230.00 for this

He can have it.

Amazing. I got my copy at least that nice for less than a third of that not more than a year ago. You're going to have to let mr moneybags run his course and take what he wants. Start trying again when he's done and moving on to something else he can throw his money away on.