IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

It would be good if Luc could put out some cart only games of Dragon's lair at a low price to drive down Fred's prices like Toby was able to do with Galaga. It is miserable seeing the amount of money Fred is making off those games selling them at $50 a game.

Edited by Bmack36

C'mon, aren't you blind to sellers' declarations of item rarity? I figured most people were by now, given that I doubt this gimmick ever works to motivate a sale for ridiculous asking prices. :)

Oh, I know. I was just mostly making fun of it and legit wondering if Luc had sold out or not, because you know, if he has some then I'll just buy a bunch and flip them myself! :P

(joking...joking...)

If I remember correctly Luc was waiting for further SGMs to be mailed out so that people would have games they need and then he was going to find out interest and do another round of his SGM games after a lot more people got their SGMs. So I assume that would at least be a year away, especially with the huge project he has going on right now.

Has anyone noticed the HUGE uptick in Sealed games lately? I have hardly ever seen sealed games and now all of a sudden this year there are tons of them and many that are rare games to begin with. Is there some huge fraud going on here or is someone selling their collection of Sealed games?

Has anyone noticed the HUGE uptick in Sealed games lately? I have hardly ever seen sealed games and now all of a sudden this year there are tons of them and many that are rare games to begin with. Is there some huge fraud going on here or is someone selling their collection of Sealed games?

There seems to be one particular Brooklyn based seller who has multiple copies of Tournament Tennis, Evolution and a number of other harder to find games sealed. He also has some commons. Not sure of his source or if he is just a long term collector that bought lots of multiples over the years.

How can this be "Ultra Rare???" Didn't Luc post recently that he did another run of these? Or are they already sold out again?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ColecoVision-Ultra-Rare-Zaxxon-Super-Game-With-Box-Manual-And-Game-CartrIdge-/142059598473

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-07-20 at 13.04.03.png

Bro I got the SUPER ULTRA EXCLUSIVE RARE one...it has a pube from the developer in it

Just looking at the guy's feedback and is it just me or does he seem to have made some transactions with some fairly shady ebayer's recently? Hmmm....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/superretroking/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-07-20 at 18.32.45.png

That's not the feedback profile of the seller in question. You might want to clarify that before you sully someone's reputation.

ETA: To be clear, you quoted one post and responded to the concerns of another subthread here that involves an entirely different eBay account.

Edited by mumbai

That's not the feedback profile of the seller in question. You might want to clarify that before you sully someone's reputation.

ETA: To be clear, you quoted one post and responded to the concerns of another subthread here that involves an entirely different eBay account.

Aha, gotcha - Deleted the quoted part then. Sorry for the brain fart....

It does rarely come up cib, but that's got to be a new record for it. And not a great example either.

That's got to be double the higher end on it.

I believe that's the same couple of guys that have been buying up anything else CIB and spending whatever money it takes. Prices aren't legitamite at this point. Until they're done who knows what to expect. If you have a rare CIB to sell, nows the time!!!!

I believe that's the same couple of guys that have been buying up anything else CIB and spending whatever money it takes. Prices aren't legitamite at this point. Until they're done who knows what to expect. If you have a rare CIB to sell, nows the time!!!!

I was watching this one, I would like to complete my collection, but these prices make it impossible!!!

And yep, I've some pretty rare items, but I don't want to separate anything from my collection ;)

HI there, I'm new to AtariAge but not to ColecoVision. My entire collection was stolen in the 90's and I had some insanely rare games. So I decided to try to rebuild finally after 20 some-odd years.

This seems like good time for me to jump in and ask this question since it's currently being discussed: what's the deal with the home-brew ColecoVision scene? It seems like the carts are totally overpriced. I actually do have an SGM that was given to me a few years ago by Eduardo (long story), but I still don't have a single game for it since the carts are outrageously priced it seems. I am trying to figure out why. Most of what I see is between $200-$300.

Just trying to catch up on CV Collecting culture. Anyone that would like to explain it to me, I'd be deeply grateful.

Thanks!

Jason

Edited by WoahDave

HI there, I'm new to AtariAge but not to ColecoVision. My entire collection was stolen in the 90's and I had some insanely rare games. So I decided to try to rebuild finally after 20 some-odd years.

This seems like good time for me to jump in and ask this question since it's currently being discussed: what's the deal with the home-brew ColecoVision scene? It seems like the carts are totally overpriced. I actually do have an SGM that was given to me a few years ago by Eduardo (long story), but I still don't have a single game for it since the carts are outrageously priced it seems. I am trying to figure out why. Most of what I see is between $200-$300.

Just trying to catch up on CV Collecting culture. Anyone that would like to explain it to me, I'd be deeply grateful.

Thanks!

Jason

Long story short, don't look for them on EBay... a bunch of shady dudes selling them (and bootlegs of them) on there. Buy direct from the authors.

Long story short, don't look for them on EBay... a bunch of shady dudes selling them (and bootlegs of them) on there. Buy direct from the authors.

Great advice...thank you! I was checking out the PixelBoy Site but couldn't see any way to order those games. And some of them look brilliant!

I appreciate the info...disappointing that this sort of shady business goes on in CV collecting.