IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

That Tut image is spectacular - I can only imagine the impact these images would've had back when the 8bit was released if the technique was known..............

Honestly? Not much.

The sales of 8-Bits wer defined by games. Here is the reply from my C64-mate back in the days, when I told him that is computer suckes because all his games use the same colors.

"But you don't have these games on your Atari".

Honestly? Not much.

The sales of 8-Bits wer defined by games. Here is the reply from my C64-mate back in the days, when I told him that is computer suckes because all his games use the same colors.

"But you don't have these games on your Atari".

My thinking is before the C64 got traction and having an adventure game published with images like above. That would've gotten some attention.

• Like 1

My thinking is before the C64 got traction and having an adventure game published with images like above. That would've gotten some attention.

In several aspects, the Atari could have kept more attention, particular with those high-colour pictures, and ego view games.

But that one spot, called "SID" made the rolling of the C64 fast to the 1st selling place.

Still thinking of Rescue on Fractalus, slow as a interactive slideshow, people loaded the game just for listening to the SID playing...

Edited by emkay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Like I said, lots of sameness. Not the program's fault, but just not a picture that's immediately suitable.

Additional to what I already suggested I'd throw some more hues in there - maybe make the staircase and statue a different colour at least so the program is made to stretch it's muscles a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been attempting to convert this picture.

attachicon.gifdwarven_caverns_concept_art_2_by_artofjokinen-d5mibt5.jpg

Without much luck, mostly the results are pretty bad. Anyone else want to take a shot at it?

Hey Shawn, I have tested some settings, but the result isn't really nice on the LCD and Emulators.

I think it would look more acceptable on a CRT. I'll take a screenshot of my 1084 later, after finishing my working day. :D

post-41320-0-07910300-1447059350_thumb.png

Greetings, Mario

cavern.xex

And here are some new pics of my A8 raster gallery. Maybe you like. :)

attachicon.gifFrosty.pngattachicon.gifLighthouse.pngattachicon.gifJimmyFanart.pngattachicon.gifSilence.png

Have a nice week... greetings, Mario

These are gorgeous!

I know these renderings take a lot of iterations but is there any chance you might re-do these with the OlivierN.act palette so that we owners of NTSC machines might enjoy these pictures?

-SteveS

palettes.zip

Hey Shawn, I have tested some settings, but the result isn't really nice on the LCD and Emulators.

I think it would look more acceptable on a CRT. I'll take a screenshot of my 1084 later, after finishing my working day. :D

attachicon.gifcavern.png

Greetings, Mario

That looks a lot better than any of my attempts. I'm thinking this picture is not really suitable to the Atari. Too bad, I was hoping to have a "title" screen for my Moria project.