IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, Retrospect said:

Another scalper doing nothing for the TI community what-so-f**king-ever

£99 for "Santa and the Goblins" TI Basic cassette , boxed.

I hope he trips up and falls in some dog poo.

The same seller also has another Intrque Software title, Atlantis, for the same price.  Also, check this out: Sabre Wulfe for £110.00

Crazy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Is there a program image available for that Santa game? Sounds interesting.

I have dumped and published it years ago.

https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=181

here is a filtered search for all the nice intrigue software present on ti99iuc:
https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&page=1&ipp=10&db_categoria=*&db_tipologia=*&db_costruttore=*&db_linguaggio=*&db_lingua=*&db_anno=*&db_sviluppatore=*&db_editore=intrigue software&db_sistema=*&db_formato=*&db_submit=Esegui ricerca...

anyway about the auction yesm it is a bit expensive at 99GBP but I have to say that this is also a rare collector game, anyway the price was always been under the 40 euros-
I only paid about 100 a copy of Snout of Spout and it is rarer than other titles but other copies was also sold for 50/60 euros of the same title.

I was very surprised instead to have seen some cassette tapes sold over 150$ and also Suspended by Infocom sold for 300$... it is crazy more than the Santa's price.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The prices these Scalpers are wanting is criminal.  There's two games I am seeking and have been seeking for many years, the original versions of "Dodger" and "Castle Conquer", made by Firefly in 1983 / 84 .... the way things are going if these games show up they might have a £100 price tag on them and I cannot afford that.  No way.  Just greedy idiots spoiling things for their own gain they don't give a shit about the game they just want to make money.  

• Sad 1

@Retrospect 

I think it is the classic situation, but there are also people (like me) that paid a lot a game. If I will decide to resell again my copy of Snout of Spout, for example, to return even just the money spent between object cost and shipping, I would have to ask for 120 GBP.
The same for some stuff from the USA (the same as from the UK), an Infocom adventure paid $50/70 + shipping costs and duty fees for Italy should start at least from 100 euros to resell it again.
Often I purchase stuff to scan and dump and so publish for free on my website and I am already happy and satisfied but it is a rare case where I received some gifts. For me, all the TI stuff has a certain value, also books or magazines that I purchased for $5, in the final price cost is for me 25/30 (including all other costs).

Of course, I agree with you about the people who really do put absurd prices just because they think it's worth a kidney and take advantage of those who want to collect. 
The strange thing is that lately, I see that people still buy even with these absurd prices that I would never pay and I don't find that fair. In the end, it's really the users who are buying the same and driving up the price of things. They should leave them listed there instead, at least until they come down to an acceptable price.

• Like 4

The problem, dear Ciro, for me is that retrogaming is fashionable. Now it's "cool" to have the rarest piece, without even knowing the history of the car we own. when then there are people who have no problem paying more than €200 for a cartridge / disc, or more than €1,000 for a computer, the prices necessarily go up. I know something about it as I also collect Commodore machines..

The prices there are really prohibitive.

The only thing is to wait (as with other things) for fashion to pass..

We enthusiasts remain ✌🏻

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Serafini Lapo said:

The problem, dear Ciro, for me is that retrogaming is fashionable. Now it's "cool" to have the rarest piece, without even knowing the history of the car we own. when then there are people who have no problem paying more than €200 for a cartridge / disc, or more than €1,000 for a computer, the prices necessarily go up. I know something about it as I also collect Commodore machines..

The prices there are really prohibitive.

The only thing is to wait (as with other things) for fashion to pass..

We enthusiasts remain ✌🏻

True as far as it goes, but there is a lot more buried in this phenomenon than one might think. Rarity of the item is often not the driver--but the perceived rarity of it by the seller is. The rarest commercial software for the TI out there often goes for extremely low prices relative to its rarity, because neither the seller nor the regular buying audience realizes how rare the item really is. I have a really nice Killer Caterpillar cartridge from Exceltek in my collection, but it is unlikely you will ever see one for sale, as only four copies of it are known to exist (and the price I paid was in the $600 range, which was very reasonable based on the rarity). The various Scott Foresman school management cartridges are all of similar rarity to Killer Caterpillar, but their recent sale prices (when they do show up) are about 1/3 of the game's price. Most qualification run cartridges of TI titles stay in the same range as the expensive cassettes currently listed, unless the cartridge never made it to commercial production (my Disk Manager 3 and Crossfire cartridges fit into the never officially released in cartridge form category). The thing is, I got both of those as parts of larger lots for reasonable prices. It pays to look carefully at the bits and pieces in a larger lot, as some of them have hidden gems.

As to waiting for the end of the fashion craze, I suspect that most of us may be gone from this world before that happens. Just look at the market for century-old antiques. . .and yes, we enthusiasts remain.  :)

• Like 6

On 4/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, jbdigriz said:

Ref: Greg's post about the TIPC with the nutso price on Ebay.

I am informed that the price is probably "because keyboard". Apparently the TIPC kbd is one the keebsters lust after. Seller's other items seem reasonably priced. 

PPC in Denver with even more software and a printer, reasonable starting bid. Local pickup only, looks like.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/314520503613

i picked up a tipro with a keyboard for a lot less than that recently..  and one without a keyboard for like 100$ 

On 4/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, arcadeshopper said:

i picked up a tipro with a keyboard for a lot less than that recently..  and one without a keyboard for like 100$ 

I'd like find one cheap, to put this Ten X DX10/DNOS coprocessor board in.  Yeah, it will work in an IBM 5160, say, but that's just not the same. 🙂

Still need to find the Ten X software, though.

• Like 2