IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

On 6/2/2023 at 7:59 PM, acadiel said:

Thank you!

I've been collecting them probably since high school.  I finally got ahold of the Stargazer I/II/III combo cart (I traded another DBT game, Dragonflyer, for it.)  I have most of the John Phillips carts that I had his source code for (I'm the one responsible for getting that out into the community long time ago), and Stargazer I/II/III completes it.  (It's a 32K CRU based cart with a PAL for bank switching, like SuperSpace or TI Workshop.)  

I have another drawer of carts with more DBT carts above that drawer, but nowadays, most of my usage is via the FinalGROM, so I rarely take them out.

Not too many of the Stargazers I, II, III combos were made, so nice find acadiel. John Phillips.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John Phillips said:

Not too many of the Stargazers I, II, III combos were made, so nice find acadiel. John Phillips.

Good to see you are still around the TI world! I have the three individual cartridges from Exceltec, the 3-in-1 cartridge from Databiotics, and the Video Magic disk version for the three of them as initially released. I've even used them recently to refresh my memory on the layout of some constellations.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, John Phillips said:

Thank you!  I’m excited finally to get one; it makes the whole experience much more seamless.  I never had the opportunity back in the day to run these back to back.  

One person in our group did modify the bank switching method to run in a “write to rom” bank switched Guidry cart, so we have had that for a year or two, but it’s nice to have the original cart with the CRU bank switching routine. 

• Like 2

When I hit Powerball tonight, this will be my first purchase:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134632036069?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=TKA4pH8QTsG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=QfU6nnIiRby&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I’ve never seen a complete Triton system before.  I had a sidecar once, but not the IBM computer.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Switch1995 said:

When I hit Powerball tonight, this will be my first purchase:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134632036069?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=TKA4pH8QTsG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=QfU6nnIiRby&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I’ve never seen a complete Triton system before.  I had a sidecar once, but not the IBM computer.

this is a 100-200$ computer and 75-100$ box with cables.. for 2k.  sigh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jimhearne said:

Texas Instruments TI-990 Mass Storage II SCSI HDD Disk

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394723746580

Jim got it; it will be reunited with the SCSI controller I just got from the seller.  

NobleArt  had a 990 complete some time ago: didn't know what it was.  Kept the innards, sold the chassis to a scrap dealer. 

I got the lot of 4 990/12 boards for $300. CPU, SCSI Controller, RAM, cache & something. 

Surprise, they  threw in the four dirty CI403 serial birds! 16 ports with weird 2x8 pin connectors. 

@NybblesAndBytes brought the four 990/12 boards to me at VCFSW. Also handed me the TI 928 terminal with HCS upgrade ROM to 931.

• Like 4

On 7/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, OLD CS1 said:

Grab an original 99/4 monitor for the low-low price of $1,150.

https://ebay.com/itm/204389690512

Oh man, that would be nostalgic for the wrong reasons... I played a lot of Nintendo and Super Nintendo games on one of those.

Actual TI was on a small Emerson TV with AV ports. I'd love to have another one of those, but I don't even remember the model.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:40 PM, OLD CS1 said:

Grab an original 99/4 monitor for the low-low price of $1,150.

https://ebay.com/itm/204389690512

I've collected two of these.  One was $199 at Midwest Gaming Classic; the seller drove it down on a tip that there was at least ONE interested buyer for it. (me)

The other was $99.  A "please get this out of my house" craigslist in Dallas, TX.

My goal in each case was to complete a 99/4 setup for public display.  Still working on those sidecars. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

I've collected two of these.  One was $199 at Midwest Gaming Classic; the seller drove it down on a tip that there was at least ONE interested buyer for it. (me)

The other was $99.  A "please get this out of my house" craigslist in Dallas, TX.

My goal in each case was to complete a 99/4 setup for public display.  Still working on those sidecars. 

I got mine for 50$ off shopgoodwill

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

I got mine for 50$ off shopgoodwill

2 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I need to keep a better eye out, but I have not been so sharp lately on spending.  I blew a wad on a CorComp MES and just picked up "Night Court" complete series on DVD, and am about to plonk down on four 20TB NAS drives... so, not trying to spend anything.  VCF is going to cost me about $800 as it is.

ANYWAY, I would not mind having a second 99/4A monitor one day.  For now, the one I have is perfectly fine and makes my VCF exhibit great.  Though, I have considered using a TV with RF modulator (if I have any more, whoops!) for the Dragon's Lair exhibit, so people get a much better idea of what we were doing bitd.  Okay, enough rambling.  Speaking of money, I have invoices to process.

• Like 2