IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

7 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

The Great Word Race is actually pretty rare.  $35 doesn't seem bad to me for a good condition cart:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314714637808

image.png.bbe313f6b9f3cc45abae3d0363b984d1.png

Yep, great spelling game for the kids!  This is the 16K cart I actually used back in the day (along with Carlos’ 8K one) as a template to create the first 16K Guidry cart board many moons ago!  Has a 16K eprom and 74Ls379 in it 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

Yep, great spelling game for the kids!  This is the 16K cart I actually used back in the day (along with Carlos’ 8K one) as a template to create the first 16K Guidry cart board many moons ago!  Has a 16K eprom and 74Ls379 in it 🙂

Cool bit of trivia there.  Thanks for that. 

It and Stargazer 1, 2 & 3 are probably my top third party education games (and I do have both).  So I guess John Phillips gets the nod in that category, for me. 

Edited by pixelpedant
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

Stargazer 1, 2 & 3

Been wanting to get my hands on one of those.  Not hunting for it, just watching.  There was a lot of carts not too long ago which had it, but I think I missed the auction or something.  Likely my attention was elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

$399 for an CorComp Micro Expansion System, no power supply listed, no drives listed, and one of two has sold.  Am I crazy for thinking this is crazy?

https://ebay.com/itm/186050998663

yeah that's a little much for untested and no ps..    what's a tested one with a ps worth to you?:) just curious

Gotcha, I just wanted one to test my floppy drive controller part. My rs232 part seems to be okay. I think I have a bad pin where the upper controller board plugs into the lower unit. But haven't had much free time to check further. Work overtime and engagement on my Avalanche on an Excursion frame has taken much, but finances are better, and my project is nearing completion. Have to redesign am exhaust system for it. Then hopefully I can invest some more time in my ti hobby. Just got a side car tipi, have to repair it, and just picked up a pi4 8gb.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 7:41 PM, OLD CS1 said:

Absolutely nothing... I already nabbed one :)

Let me expand upon this: I picked up an MES, original DSDD drives, and power supply, tested and working, for under the asking price for the advertised unit.  I think I got a fair price for it.

• Like 4

Checking out a TI manual in this sellers shop, I was amazed at the rarity of the sellers computer  books.

This one is the priciest: $1250 to own what I guess lives up to hype?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225748113839?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=rYvA7JloS4a&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=p1_QbsfXTDC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

3 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Checking out a TI manual in this sellers shop, I was amazed at the rarity of the sellers computer  books.

This one is the priciest: $1250 to own what I guess lives up to hype?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225748113839?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=rYvA7JloS4a&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=p1_QbsfXTDC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Not going to pay $1,250 for it, but I would love to peruse this manual.

IMPORTANT - 
Somehow ebay does not allow me to indicate "calculate international shipment fees" and I need
to select "Flat Rate" (I setup 2x accounts with the same issue).

NOTE:
Additional International Shipment fees applies from Thailand to the country to be shipped to

Ebay has the photos and videos
Also videos indicating EBAY are here at TI99VIDEOS channel (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/@Globeron-TI99VIDEOS/videos

EBAY:

1st ebay userid: ronvankl_0 (ronaldebay@globeron.com)
(used last time to sell 3+ years ago many TI-99 items from Europe, most people know this account)

Newly listed:
* TI-99/4 (big PIN version), (6-DIN, EU), built-in Speaker, Volume Slider
* TI-99/4 (5-DIN, USA)

2nd ebay userid: ronvankl6  (ebayth@globeron.com)
* UberGrom RS232 to PC
* UberGrom Education module
* Romox Programmable module
* FlashRom 99
* Navarone Module Expander 
* TI Compact Computer CC40

More to come with some unique TI-99 items,
but it takes some time to test it first.

(repeated message as ebay cannot calculate it...)
NOTE:
Additional International Shipment fees applies from Thailand to the country to be shipped to

Edited by globeron

8 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Looks like the second user ID isn't coming up at all on my search, @globeron. The first one works fine. Looking at the 99/4 overlays, is one of those for TI Writer (the fourth one from the left)?

It is Editor Assembler (lower right left on the overlay).  The 5th mentions Draw (TI Artist? Or something else?) There is a website somewhere listing all /4 overlays.

I need to figure out why it does not come up, otherwise I will list again under the 1st one.     (Not sure what the shipment calculation issue is, it used to work when I was in Europe, but not from Asia with the same account).

I mention it in the description about the shipment fees (which are not cheap), last time I sent a TI99 to Canada about USD 150+ shipment

20230909_192744.jpg