IGNORED

Game Of The Year 2015

vprette

Game of the Year 2015  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is your choice for Game of the Year 2015?

• Boulder Dash
    • Ms. Pac-Man
    • Takeover
    • Copter Command
    • Brickout
    • Flapee Bird
    • Princess Quest
    • Piggy Bank
    • Number Jumble
    • Game Factory

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Sure there is, you already mentioned other industries measure by sales - so there's *part* of it. Every publisher here is or should be aware of how many units they sold.

But even such sales figures will be skewed in a community such as this. Why? Because you've got people purchasing multiple copies of_the_same_game. Certainly not a true measurement to popularity as certain games get hoarded away. Unless the publisher is honest and has the integrity to adjust for said behavior.

But anyway, who said this whole thing needs to be so tight or official? As with any popularity contest, should be taken with a grain of salt. Should be about fun, especially since we're talking about games already! :)

I agree with you, there is no good way to capture the data. It is fun and I am still curious about the outcome.

• Like 1

The votes do reveal one thing for sure. Most people like action/arcade style games.......or at least prefer them to strategy/puzzle style games.......same as modern gaming. Some things never change I guess.

A strategy/puzzle game won last year. But that was a rarity. Kroz was a monster of a game. I hope a sequel gets made some day.

• Like 2

Strange how this appears to now be a two horse race.

When voting started they were more spread out among the games but now that we can all see how close it is between the top two the other games are being ignored.

If the ballots were not visible I wonder how different the voting patterns would now be?

• Like 1

Having opposable thumbs helps too, but Apes only throw shit at each other in captivity!

another difference between us and animals: except the apes, they do not throw shit at each other.

Evidently this is a common trait of the primates

To me it's equally plausible that someone created an account and then blatantly started plugging their vote for Piggy in an effort to discredit it; than to be stupid enough to give himself away. Just sayin'...

Yep, you are right...I did vote for Piggy! You caught me!

You don't know me, don't quote me and NEVER try to discredit my honesty!!! And if they list who voted for what let it be shown, I know what I did.

A strategy/puzzle game won last year. But that was a rarity. Kroz was a monster of a game. I hope a sequel gets made some day.

Actually, I personally would classify that game as action Rpg or similar.

By strategy I meant something like utopia or takeover.

By puzzle I meant something like minehunter or hypnotic lights.

Lost caves of of kroz does not fit in those categories in my opinion.

:lol: LOL! That's funny, coming from you. Tell me, did you vote? Are you interested in this thread? Or are you just going to share more of your righteous indignation? :roll:

Slang definitions & phrases for peanut gallery

peanut gallery

noun phrase

1. The topmost rows of a theater (1888+)
  2. A group or individual whose opinion is considered inconsequential

But isn't Vprette a partner in Elektronite? Would be strange if he couldn't submit "his" own games in GOTY.

Even if this is just some silly Atari Age contest.

Just sayin.....

Yes, Valter is the founder of Elektronite and remains so. In 2012, Carl Mueller and I 'joined'. So, it was Valter, myself and Carl from 2012-2013. Carl left to do his own thing and soon after Tim joined....but it is less of a 'legal' relationship than it was when Carl was part of CGPI/Elektronite.

Right now, I'm producing two games under the Elektronite label. I don't wish to be involved in 'GOTY'. I feel bad for Valter, as he cares about this 'GOTY' thing. I never have. If Valter wants to produce an Elektronite title in the future, I'm sure he would enter it in GOTY but I've said I'm sorry and I'm not taking part. This GOTY stuff is bogus, and Ignorama proved it when he stated that he was voting for a game he doesn't own nor has ever played to 'block' Ms. Pac Man from winning. Meanwhile, I have to read self-righteous posts about how the 'community' is sending a 'message' (presumably to 'Elektronite')

'Elektronite' is not just me. And, 'GOTY' was not set up to 'glorify Elektronite games'.

Valter has been doing GOTY since before Carl and I were part of Elektronite. Before Elektronite actually got a release out. I think the first was in 2011 when Intelligentvision won for Donkey Kong Arcade. When I first met Valter online, he started a website called 'makeintv' which was some crazy scheme to get commercial companies like Activision to restart Intellivision development. I thought it was cool but totally off the wall nuts. However, Valter did not give up and kept going. Eventually, starting his own 'brand', Elektronite. He started Elektronite to foster development on the Intellivision. In that goal, he has been wildly successful and now there is a whole group of people doing games.

Valter is one of the most positive 'can do' people I've ever met. Implication that this whole affair was set up to 'glorify' Elektronite and that I'm 'butt hurt' over not winning is just bull. A game I produced won last year. I don't care. Boulder Dash is going to lose this year. Don't care. My friend who tested The Lost Caves of Kroz voted for Blix last year. I didn't ask him to vote for my game. That's how much I care.

Yep, you are right...I did vote for Piggy! You caught me!

You don't know me, don't quote me and NEVER try to discredit my honesty!!! And if they list who voted for what let it be shown, I know what I did.

Chill out dude. :roll: I wasn't accusing you of anything. You made some innuendo and I was saying that the innuendo can cut both ways.

It is equally plausible that someone created a new account just to vote multiple times for piggy and then was stupid enough to give himself away by accident or because they wanted to make obvious how illegitimate the vote is.

-dZ.

On a side note, why does a parent name their child Valter, and not Walter? Just curious...

I've been curious about the same thing. Valter, not to pry too personally, but would you share the provenance of your name? I know you live in Italy and speak Italian, but your name does not sound Italian. Is your family originally from another country?

I know that my family names are from Catalonia and Spain, because my family originally came from those regions prior to settling in Puerto Rico.

-dZ.