IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

11 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

The more I think about it, they should have used Technos' own Shadow Force as a blueprint for Double Dragon V. (This is coming from someone who thought that Mike Donovan and Scott McNeil were awesome as Billy and Jimmy Lee.)

Well, it certainly couldn't be any worse than the rubbish we got. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 5:46 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

Battle of the Ports is a day early this week due to work.
This week we're taking a look at Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

Personally, I love Indy Heat on the NES.  It really has some depth and challenge to it that makes it a lot more rewarding and better to play than say something like Super Sprint.  Thanks for taking a look at this.  I very much appreciate it and look forward to many more videos yet to come.

• Like 1

Huh I was one of those who assumed it started out life on the Neo Geo.  Of course I had no way of seeing an arcade cab that was only released in Japan either. :)  My friend and I spent hours playing this in the arcade until the SNES version of released.

I can't find the pictures at the moment, but Billy Pitt had a picture of a prototype version of Puzzle Bobble on the Neo Geo that didn't feature Bub and Bob but rather just had a mechanical tube feeding bubbles into the launcher.  Because of this I always assumed they decided to make it a Bubble Bobble themed game at the last minute but if it was already an arcade game before it was released on the Neo Geo then that theory doesn't make sense.  Any ideas?

EDIT: Found it!  Check out the first set of images here: http://www.neogeoprotos.com/links/xacrow.htm

Actually the more I look at that pictures I wonder if those are prototype images from the Taito System B version

• Like 2