IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

Do you remember the JMarchen Plug’n Play emulation drive I reviewed a few months ago?
Well, they’ve got 3 new options out including a very cool 64GB USB Drive version which did surprise me.
Check out the above video to see the latest 3 devices reviewed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

I bet if Lotus III were ported to the Atari Falcon 030-060 with proper enhancements, that would have been the definitive version of the game.

Quite possibly but we could also say that if it was ported to the Acorn Archimedes.  It was never going to happen though due to low sales. 

The PC version is really nice though.  Especially if you can run it with the Roland MT32 audio. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Yeah, sad but true. Oh, I don't know if you have been keeping up with the homebrew scene, but what did you think of the port of Cabal to the Neo Geo or the ports of Konami's X-Men and Metal Gear Solid to the Saturn?

I've played the Saturn Konami Xmen port.  It's coming along nicely for such an early demo. 

Metal gear I've seen on the Saturn but didn't know there was a ISO available. 

I've not see Cabal on the Neo.  Would be cool to add that to my Neo SD. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yakumo1975 said:

Everyone was talking about it in the comments of last week's video, so here it is.  Battle of the Ports Jaguar XJ220. 

Will check out the Shaguar episode soon enough.  Take care and we appreciate all that you do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Hey,

I wanted to tell you that there are patches for Super R-Type and Gradius III that use the SA-1 to eliminate the slowdown. As for Fatal Fury, I preferred it with the rail mechanic than without.

Yep, I know about those patches but they don't really interest me much.  Interesting but not something I will try. 

Now, if they could make Star Fox run at at least 30fps, I'd be interested in that. 

• Like 1

After reviewing the Ayano Mini PC that looked like a classic MAC, I kind of got an itch to try out an even smaller Mini PC.  I ended up wit the Blackview MP80.  this thing is tinny yet ran fairly modern games at the quality of a PS3 or Xbox 360.  Not bad at all.