IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Not sure how long it's been this way, but the EXP is 15% off on Amazon.

At least it is at the US amazon where I'm looking at it ($127.50).

Still not sure I'm a buyer at that price, but I figure somebody here is, and I don't see it mentioned.

I suppose it would be pretty attractive to somebody who doesn't have a handheld yet or the Irem cart.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I was looking up stuff on evercade site, and it looks like the original model is going to be discontinued. Several of the starter packs already have. If you want the original model, get it now before they disappear. 

Makes sense as the og has one set of shoulder buttons, so conceivably games can be made that work on exp and vs, but not the original.

Oh, found this on accident. Vertical mode apparently works on everything. Heh. Of course its better when games are designed for it, but I was playing some capcom stuff and forgot to exit Tate before starting megacats, imagine my surprise. Oh, and you can switch video while playing, it might crash sometimes, but worked on old towers when it booted sideways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Video said:

Oh, found this on accident. Vertical mode apparently works on everything. Heh. Of course its better when games are designed for it, but I was playing some capcom stuff and forgot to exit Tate before starting megacats, imagine my surprise. Oh, and you can switch video while playing, it might crash sometimes, but worked on old towers when it booted sideways.

I don't think it's quite everything. It doesn't work on Donut Dodo for me, for instance.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 1:20 AM, madman said:

The VS Premium Pack is on sale for about $20 off too, $110.50. 

I never expected to buy the VS unit, but I ended up loving the handheld unit so much I figured I would wait until I can get it on sale for $100.  I just saw it for $110.50 and figured, "eh, close enough".  Also snagged the two Namco collections and Oliver Twins cart while they still had some in stock.  $200 and that will probably keep me entertained for years.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, I know it could be convoluted as hell to try, but there's certainly enough games for a cart (or two, or three) but...

When the neck are we going to see an "atari age" collection?

Yeah, that's a real daydream I know, but some homebrews did show up on other games, like skeleton, okiedokie, and space treat were all on early 00 era Activision anthology games, at least the game boy one.

If we could get the community to come together, how cool would that be? Also, think of bringing awareness to the homebrew scene, yeah, we know about it, but I doubt the average Joe does.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jgkspsx said:

A lot of people on the Evercade discord keep asking for it. The question is how it would sell. I would be excited for it for sure.

@Albert I think something went awry with the Twitter plugin…

That's, unfortunately, the normal behavior if you link directly to a Twitter account, as opposed to linking to a single Twitter post.  It shows a whole bunch of recent posts from the account. Unfortunately, there's no way to change this behavior, although I can see if that can be disabled entirely.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like CollectorVision is on the way:

Has CollectorVision given any thought to an Evercade release?

John: It’s funny you mention that; we just signed a deal with them.  We are creating an Evercade cartridge that will include 3 different versions of Sydney Hunter: Caverns of Death for the Super Nintendo, Sacred Tribe for the Sega Master System, and I think the third one is the Intellivision version.  Another game included is Jester, which is a maze-like game similar to Pac-Man.  There will be four games in total with a projected release date sometime in mid-2023.

Are there other Evercade releases in the future?

John: Right now it’s just this one cartridge.  Hopefully, if this goes well we can release other games.  The Evercade guys are really cool and I love their platform too.  I like that they are supporting indie game companies as well.

https://www.emeraldrangers.com/2023/01/gamster81-interview-at-atc-expo-2023.html?m=1

Looking forward to it! Always meant to try this series but never did.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Sounds like CollectorVision is on the way:

https://www.emeraldrangers.com/2023/01/gamster81-interview-at-atc-expo-2023.html?m=1

Looking forward to it! Always meant to try this series but never did.

Thanks so much for posting this!!

For one thing I am a big fan of CollectorVision and The Phoenix,  and for another @Gamester81 mentioned Justice Beaver for the SNES.  I'll have the ltd edition Blue Cart coming from Indiegogo when it finally releases!  Getting them on the Evercade is a no brainer!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

starwars-obi-wan.gif

I know things about that game I'd rather not say, but... 😔

Feel free to PM me with all the juicy details...Or not.  If it releases,  It'll be great.  I've waited this long...And written off that money long ago...

• Like 1

Speaking of doing things my way...

(instead of the best way I suppose)

I just ordered the Oliver Twins Collection cart.  Of course I waited until it became a legacy cart and prices started going up,  but I still got it for $31 and some change, so not too bad.  I just mainly wanted all of those games in one place.  I actually own some of them (in cart form) on the NES, and most of them (in ROM form) on Everdrives,  but nice for it to be legit...

(The only ones I don't already have are the BMX Simulator and Go! DIzzy Go!)...

Edited by GoldLeader
Edited because It's early...And I'd forgotten which games were on that Quattro Adventure cart, which I do own...Need more coffee haha...
  • Like 2

OOH collectorvision! 😍 Yes, much of that, please. 

I can't say the c64#2 cart has grabbed me immediately. I'll get it eventually--probably some day when I'm unhappily working late and have too much amazon access--but right now it looks too much like the usual c64 suspects.

Toaplan2 should get here soon-ish, though.

My most recent adventure involves a second ebayed OG Evercade handheld with some carts.

It's going in the car, and my adventure today was doing a little car-themed collection cart, since the carts are recyclable.

Unfortunate trends in automotive pricing have put me in a vehicle boring enough to need a game system,

and coincidently on friday, the day after the new evercade arrived, the car's previous Powkiddy A13 started smoking in my lap as I started only its second mobile gaming session. (bet it's fixable, but I also bet the OG evercade is more powerful anyway)

I might even be able to mod the evercade into the powkiddy. meaning using its screen/audio/controls with evercade

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, amazon failed to supply me with a toaplan #2, despite having a preorder since april, I cancelled that today. They were pulling their heavy nagging routine of 'hit checkbox to approve 2nd delay up to 25 june.'

You'd think I'd learn my lesson, but I tend to buy these as 'retail therapy' when I'm stuck at work late nights, and can pretty much only reach amazon. 

I had to reorder through a better store, and and I got into piko#3 preorder while I was there since that date's practically here. I could stand to give wukong a shot--does that mean other super fighter team games may be an option in the future? Star Odyssey? Zaku?

coincidently, I hear Fire Shark off of toaplan#2 hit MiSTer today as a fresh arcade core.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Sad 1

My Piko 3 and Team 17 should arrive from @Songbird tomorrow!

Two more carts leaked, this time from a Finnish retailer. These will be released July 31. More details about the previously leaked Collectorvision cart as well as a brand new one.

Spoiler

Sydney Hunter is three games (Shrines of Peril INTV, Sacred Tribe SMS, Caverns of Death SNES) plus a Pac Man clone called Jester. 

IMG_6105.thumb.jpeg.0f617f7cd55f9c7acf932ace87dab550.jpeg

Piko Arcade 1 is Ultimate Tennis, two Bubble Bobble-style games (Fancy World: Earth of Crisis and Magic Purple), a beat em up (Legend of Silkroad), a top down run and gun (Steel Force), two weird and/or cool arcade games (Diver Boy, Burgler X), and two SF2 clones (Dragon Master and Master’s Fury).

IMG_6106.thumb.jpeg.a18277e8b4a5cd75bb04ff2cd728c089.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There were 1500+ viewers on the evercade announcement today--system is less niche than I thought.

Announcement list:

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

On the downside, I'm sad we haven't gotten a Neo Geo or PC Engine/TG-16 collection.  But I'm confident that will be so!

A nice way to start that off might be to patch the Neo Geo versions of games onto the existing Xeno Crisis or Data East carts.

I'm also really surprised at Neo Geo's absence, maybe a bios/unibios licensing thing?

Duke Nukem's a real surprise. Especially nice to see 1+2 available, since I thought those were in some kind of weird exclusive license hell.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2