IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

3 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

If it's unlimited continues or actually an easier mode for the games?

Given that most arcade games have unlimited credits to begin with, I guess it's rather invincibility or dipswitches set to the minimum difficulty.

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

But Damn I wish it were a Taito cart for Evercade instead!!

I agree but I suspect it was the same deal as with Capcom; some publishers will only allow games included on a system for some reason. If I had to guess, I think they demand that to limit how many times the licensee will use their games. With a cart, even if they stop producing it, Blaze can still create new systems compatible with it.

• Like 3

The limited editions of the Super Pocket from Funstock are a bundle.  I was hoping you could just buy one of them.  Also, as a bundle it costs too much for USD.  You might as well get the EXP for that price.  Oh well, if I do end up buying the Super Pocket handheld, it would be the standard Taito version.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The limited editions of the Super Pocket from Funstock are a bundle.  I was hoping you could just buy one of them.  Also, as a bundle it costs too much for USD.  You might as well get the EXP for that price.  Oh well, if I do end up buying the Super Pocket handheld, it would be the standard Taito version.

Yeah, the exchange rate is brutal right now, otherwise that would have been what I got. I'm perfectly fine with just getting the regular TAITO model, though, from Songbird. 

• Like 4

I definitely like the look of the normal ones better.

I'm interested to see if I get into Volfied on this,  the way I got into Ultimate QIX (SEGA Genesis) on my NOMAD.

Or I used to play it on a little ATGames handheld before that,  but the cart slot broke.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

I second a Taito collection!

At least I'm happy to have Taito Legends & Taito Legends 2 on my PS2.  Still, Taito titles deserve a place on Evercade!  Space Invaders, Operation Wolf, Ki Ki Kai Kai, Elevator Action - I love them all!

TAITO Milestones for Switch is arriving for me today from Amazon. There's only a little overlap with the upcoming handheld. I don't even think I can count on how many different things I have TAITO stuff on, including the AtGames and iiRcade arcade machines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Blaze/HMT/Funstock know their collector audience. How do you squeeze even more juice out of an LE system? Make people buy 2 at a time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Reaperman said:

I'm sticking with capcom for now, though elevator action will eventually pull me into getting both, and I'll probably add it to my duke nukem preorder when that opens up. 🤣

Save up a little more coin and just get an EXP instead. It has all those Capcom games, plus more and an IREM cart. It'll also get firmware updates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 1:26 AM, Reaperman said:

Wow, I had to go look that up.

I'm potentially down for both. Kind of puts me over the edge for more of the evercade carts I was on the fence about too. Nice little ecosystem. I already bought another OG evercade for the car, but if I didn't have that I'd totally keep one there.

Best buy's the only US retailer though? No songbird(?). Amazon only for UK(?)--though I do mention US amazon has been getting flaky with evercade preorders.

Here’s my crazy fan-letter posted into one of Taito’s mail-boxes around 10-13. June.

(it may be sheer coincidence or that I just get caught up in trends, Taito just following what they saw Capcom got something out of, - or perhaps fan-mailing is taken seriously if enough people want the same?)

«

Hi, 

First; I’m not proficent in reading/writing japanese.

Hope the communication will be clear enough to understand, using translation-technology.

I’m a fan of Taito Arcsde games, and particulary those found on Taito Legends 1 and 2 for the PS2.

My favourites being Space Gun, New Zealand Story, Bubble Bobble series, Rastan, but rest are also classics.

In the West, the Evercade has been launced and become a steadily growing platform-franchise for retro-games.

Wondered and wishes/hopes that Taito Legends 1 + 2, could find its way, ie. be released to the Evercade.

Secondarily that the entirety in these collections could get a Nintendo Switch release.

Think it would please old fans and attract new ones.

Greets,

**** ****, Norway

やあ、

初め;私は日本語の読み書きが得意ではありません。

翻訳テクノロジーを使用して、コミュニケーションが十分に明確になることを願っています。

私は Taito Arcsde ゲームのファンで、特に PS2  Taito Legends 1  2 のファンです。

私のお気に入りはスペースガン、ニュージーランドストーリー、バブルボブルシリーズ、ラスタンですが、その他も古典です。

西側では、Evercade が発売され、レトロ ゲームのプラットフォーム フランチャイズとして着実に成長しています。

Taito Legends 1 + 2 がその道を見つけることができることを不思議に思っており、願い/願っています。エバーケイドに解放される。

次に、これらのコレクション全体が Nintendo Switch でリリースされる可能性があります。

それは古いファンを喜ばせ、新しいファンを引き付けると思います。

こんにちは。

エギル・ウォルド、ノルウェー»

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

Of course I was disappointed Space Gun didn’t make it.

So I hope for Taito-evercade cart-releases to complete things; everything from the PS2 legends 1 andx2, to be put onto evercade-carts.

I ordered 2 x the limited edition-run from funstock.

Well, not 2 x the entire run of course, but 2 x the package.

One for use, one as back-up or to sell when it becomes rare.

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, madman said:

Save up a little more coin and just get an EXP instead. It has all those Capcom games, plus more and an IREM cart. It'll also get firmware updates.

My thought was just about the exact opposite.

The 'super pocket' gets me most of the capcom games from the exp for half the cost, and I get a different shaped system to play with 🤣

I want those capcom games, but EXP's the same form factor as my OG evercades, and is more resistant to my cartridge shenanigans, so I'd probably never use it over the OGs. The EXP's also expensive for what it is, IMO--Too close to the analogue pocket in price. Pocket's nothing short of amazing for playing games, but the evercade's fun is mostly in buying its games, or playing around with the carts.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, GoldLeader said:
9 hours ago, madman said:

Blaze/HMT/Funstock know their collector audience. How do you squeeze even more juice out of an LE system? Make people buy 2 at a time. 

Looks like they do, and here Atari could take some notes… having a handheld-device just a tad taller, a bit thicker, high-quality-screen, built-in e-shop and a space for 2600/7800 carts into the rear/back from top, and Lynx-cart-slot on the bottom…

11 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

TAITO Milestones for Switch is arriving for me today from Amazon. There's only a little overlap with the upcoming handheld. I don't even think I can count on how many different things I have TAITO stuff on, including the AtGames and iiRcade arcade machines.

I picked this up on Switch digitally on a sale.  I was originally going to play all the games via an arcade stick connected to the Switch but I will play using the joy cons to play Front Line with twin stick controls.  I enjoy the games on there but the Super Pocket has some new stuff that I'll enjoy.  

Oh and in another month or so, you can get Taito Milestones 2 for more good stuff!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Giles N said:

Looks like they do, and here Atari could take some notes… having a handheld-device just a tad taller, a bit thicker, high-quality-screen, built-in e-shop and a space for 2600/7800 carts into the rear/back from top, and Lynx-cart-slot on the bottom…

Yeah but it's Nutari...They're Stupid and they smell funny.

• Haha 1